post #511 of 513 Old 10-15-2014, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman1987 View Post
Will that work you think?
....Why do you guys recommend ?....Should I buy thecenter from the same serie, or doesn’t that matter?
I prefer front speakers beeing all of the same series and quality - so the sound blends better and no speaker stands out. I wouldn't even mix between series of a given brand, like Chronos and GLE. I even go as far and have all sourround setup same series, just not to worry about what could be if not.The sub(s) is a different thing as that is different freq and not as critical.
I'd sell the Jamo set and get an all Canton setup (as an option if stereo music is very important have another pairs of speakers on a second zone). But it's up to you what you think is important and affordable, you have to make your own experience, best is to test at home before (finally) buying!

The GLE will most propably have a better sound quality when playing loud compared to your Jamos, but they migh ask for the same if not more amps power to do so.

For some audiophiles here both are a no go and they would say at least take the Chronos, but again, your money, your room, your ears, your decision. All the speakers you name have a very good value at their price point I think.

Why I do recommend? I don't know, kind of a altruist attitude I think - at least I won't sell you speakers if you ask Normally I just read posts hoping to learn sth new, way too often I find myself writing answers.
-----
btw that Denon thing may just not have enough "multi channel power" for your sourround preference after all, do the math yourself at 4ohms all channells loaded - given you can find some data for that amp.... Or just test the various speakers types in 2.1 or 3.1 to get an idea if it's the speakers or the amp that fails to match your needs in 5.1....

Last edited by mazpri; 10-15-2014 at 10:00 AM. Reason: i forgot to mention
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 513 Old 10-17-2014, 12:13 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by roni2200 View Post
Very nice!
post #513 of 513 Old 10-17-2014, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by geared4me View Post
Has anyone had the chance to compare the Vento 830.2 and Reference 9.2? I am very interested in these two speakers but I don't have a way to audition the 9.2 and would have to special order it from Germany if I decided to go with it. I live in SE Ohio if anyone happens to have the 9.2 and wouldn't mind letting me check them out. Thanks for your help
I have the 830.2's but have never heard the 9.2's....but am told the 9.2's would be a little more refined in the sound
Reply Speakers

Tags
Canton , Canton Center Channel Speaker , Canton Chrono 505 2 Speaker , Canton Ls 90 1 Stand Pair Silver , Canton Ls 95 Stand Pair Silver , Canton Ls 105 Stand Pair Silver , Canton Ls 80 1 Stand Pair Black , Canton Ls 90 1 Stand Pair Black , Canton Gle 490 2 Speaker Single Silver , Canton Chrono 507 2 Standing Speaker

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page