Canton owner's 'club' - Page 25 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 30Likes

post #721 of 735 Old 10-04-2017, 09:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I can get a courtesy pairs of Canton inwall7 speakers from a friend for 200. I want to use these for Atmos and surrounds but can't find anything about them. How do these compare to newer speakers, what is the install depth and are the tweeters aimable?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 735 Old 10-05-2017, 10:12 AM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Any input on the Vento 890.2? I'm considering them for my next pair of towers.
post #723 of 735 Old 10-05-2017, 10:25 AM

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 50
lmgtfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizorith View Post
I can get a courtesy pairs of Canton inwall7 speakers from a friend for 200. .... but can't find anything about them.
i don't get it. What is so hard in typing "inwall" into the search field of Cantons official website?
Or just try this...

(somehow it's always these tapatalkers i think...)

post #724 of 735 Old 10-05-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazpri View Post
i don't get it. What is so hard in typing "inwall" into the search field of Cantons official website?
Or just try this...

(somehow it's always these tapatalkers i think...)
If you're going to be a jerk and call me out on a search, maybe you should look at cantons website yourself. Especially since I acknowledged I that I couldn't I fine information I on it. Their website literally has no information about it other than a picture.

Besides, I'd like the opinion of someone who has heard these.

post #725 of 735 Old 10-05-2017, 03:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1209 Post(s)
Liked: 448
Quote:
If you're going to be a jerk and call me out on a search, maybe you should look at cantons website yourself. Especially since I acknowledged I that I couldn't I fine information I on it. Their website literally has no information about it other than a picture.

Here is some basic data:

https://www.cnet.com/products/canton...speaker/specs/

https://content.abt.com/documents/27...r_Brochure.pdf
(page 48)

And take their stated freq. specs with a grain of salt... canton freq. specs are pretty much never correct.
post #726 of 735 Old 10-05-2017, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe Doe View Post
Here is some basic data:

https://www.cnet.com/products/canton...speaker/specs/

https://content.abt.com/documents/27...r_Brochure.pdf
(page 48)

And take their stated freq. specs with a grain of salt... canton freq. specs are pretty much never correct.
Thanks, I appreciate it.

post #727 of 735 Old 10-05-2017, 04:27 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1714 Post(s)
Liked: 1632
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkevind View Post
As good as the Chrono series are -- I am confident that they would be a serious good set of speakers

Speakers -- Canton GLS 2 > Boston VS240
Receiver -- Integra 50.2
post #728 of 735 Old 10-06-2017, 12:00 AM

what a good friend is good for

Quote:

so it didn't come to your mind to try the native language page of the manufacturers product page with google translate neither... many hifi guys are obviously not really web aficionados... an no - you won't get any proper review for any in-wall speakers because there is no practical way to measure installed ones in a test room. Best chance is you ask your friend how they sound

Last edited by mazpri; 10-06-2017 at 12:36 AM.
post #729 of 735 Old 10-06-2017, 10:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1209 Post(s)
Liked: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazpri View Post
so it didn't come to your mind to try the native language page of the manufacturers product page with google translate neither... many hifi guys are obviously not really web aficionados... an no - you won't get any proper review for any in-wall speakers because there is no practical way to measure installed ones in a test room. Best chance is you ask your friend how they sound
Or he can ask on a popular speaker forum, in a specific thread about that brand of speakers, if anyone else owns them and how they sound to those people... which he just did here.

Honestly, I don't get it when folks belittle people asking questions about speakers -- in a speaker forum -- and then proceed to tell them to go to other sites. Sure, he could use google translate (which isn't exactly 100% accurate), and the specs are find-able (as I found them for him). But not everyone is web-savvy, and no need to be jerky about it. That auto-search reply is a bit old by now... it was slightly amusing like 10 years ago.
jjackkrash and Lp85253 like this.
post #730 of 735 Old 10-06-2017, 10:15 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 288
Quote:
Or he can ask on a popular speaker forum, in a specific thread about that brand of speakers, if anyone else owns them and how they sound to those people... which he just did here.

Honestly, I don't get it when folks belittle people asking questions about speakers -- in a speaker forum -- and then proceed to tell them to go to other sites. Sure, he could use google translate (which isn't exactly 100% accurate), and the specs are find-able (as I found them for him). But not everyone is web-savvy, and no need to be jerky about it. That auto-search reply is a bit old by now... it was slightly amusing like 10 years ago.
x2 .. civility has gone the way of extinction...
jjackkrash likes this.
post #731 of 735 Old 10-06-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lp85253 View Post
x2 .. civility has gone the way of extinction...
Thanks, and thanks for the information on the speakers

Lp85253 likes this.
post #732 of 735 Old 10-09-2017, 03:23 AM

what about the "S" in AVS?

Quote:
Or he can ask on a popular speaker forum, in a specific thread about that brand of speakers, if anyone else owns them and how they sound to those people... which he just did here..
That is - without a shared reference point of experience - not more than BS talking to make everybody feel good or bad about sth. Opinion making without real use for any buying decision - not really what the "S" in AVSforum stands for. There is nothing one can learn from such discussions, nothing that is worth to share and keep in a thread that others would have to read through when they do their search.

And it makes a big difference saying "can't find anything about them" compared to "i tried canton.de and hifi-wiki.de and i'm still missing this or that information", BTW websites that have been referenced here in this thread many times, and while google translate is not good for love letters, for a table of technical specs it is.

For me a jerk in a forum is somebody who doesn't use minimum efforts to gather information before he writes and then makes not enough efforts time-wise to tell the whole story. (And sadly since this forum supports Tapatalk the quality of many threads went south. At least the page impressions and ad revenues went up i suppose.)

Install depth and tweeter design is easy to find out for Inwall 7, it's also easy to find out about what they lack in terms of specs and features compared to the newer ones of Canton and whether the value for those used ones is reasonable compared to list price of new ones.

How they sound is a good question especially if you buy online, but for experienced guys there is enough information to make a good guess i think.

But if you say you have a friend who owns them and wants to sell them, non of these questions should be hard to answer free of doubt, at least if you are not a jerk and your friend is not a jerk.

End of this discussion for me at this point - no use to debate more off topic.
post #733 of 735 Old 10-11-2017, 06:00 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkevind View Post
I have not heard them; but I have the Ergo 1002 DCs, which are an older but similar design. I love the Ergos. They are nimble and sparkling clear and just ooze realism. I would expect the Ventos to surpass them by a good margin and by reputation, they do. I'd upgrade in a minute if I could.
post #734 of 735 Old 10-12-2017, 12:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 108
A little help rom someone st Canton owners

I'm looking at a pair of Canton CD 310s for ceiling mount Atmos surround. I like their small profile

Also considering the airmotiv(Emotiv) E1 surrounds for ceiling purpose. Slightly larger.

Feedback I've received many members indicates they favor the Airmotiv's due to a ribbon tweeter lacking in the Cantons.

Specs are very similar. Emotive are $100 cheaper

Anyone here can present some compelling evidence that Cantons are the better buy?
post #735 of 735 Old 10-21-2017, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Anyone running power amps on chrono series?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Canton , Canton Center Channel Speaker , Canton Chrono 505 2 Speaker , Canton Ls 90 1 Stand Pair Silver , Canton Ls 95 Stand Pair Silver , Canton Ls 105 Stand Pair Silver , Canton Ls 80 1 Stand Pair Black , Canton Ls 90 1 Stand Pair Black , Canton Gle 490 2 Speaker Single Silver , Canton Chrono 507 2 Standing Speaker

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page