Canton owner's 'club' - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #91 of 525 Old 09-14-2009, 11:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Are the Canton Movie CD 2000's any good?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 525 Old 10-12-2009, 05:27 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello guys,

I've decided to splurge for Xmas and get myself the following:
Canton GLE 490, CANTON GLE 455, CANTON GLE 430, AS - 105 SC.

The usage will be approximately: 60% HD content, 20% music and 20% gaming.

Any recommendation on the receiver? Kind of split between Denon, Onkyo and Yamaha, but there's so much material out there that I get truly lost so I decided to ask the experts who run similar systems

I'd greatly appreciate your advice! Thanks in advance
post #93 of 525 Old 10-12-2009, 03:27 PM
Advanced Member

I have been very happy running Canton Ergo (1002's, 502, 300's) with a Marantz SR8002.
post #94 of 525 Old 10-31-2009, 12:40 PM

Hello everyone, I am in dire need of help finding a speaker. I have desperately been looking for the Canton Cm 51, 52, 50 or the av-950. Ive checked everywhere online and can only find them on ebay in Germany. Please any help would be great ,or if you wanted to sell one of yours, I am willing to pay top dollar. email is jad-allah@hotmail.com thank you
post #95 of 525 Old 10-31-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murjo View Post

Hello guys,

Any recommendation on the receiver? Kind of split between Denon, Onkyo and Yamaha, but there's so much material out there that I get truly lost so I decided to ask the experts who run similar systems

Thats a good speaker system. IF it was me I would get neither of those recievers. I would look at these here. http://emotiva.com/erc1_feature.shtm

I would get the UPA 7 7channel amp and the UMC-1 AUDIO-VIDEO PROCESSOR. That way you have more flex ability for the future.

frenchmon
post #96 of 525 Old 11-01-2009, 01:05 AM

Installed my new Cantons

Redecorated, new furniture, new AV setup (Canton Chrono + Marantz sR6004).

post #97 of 525 Old 11-02-2009, 04:40 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by murjo View Post

Hello guys,

Hi,

I have the Canton GLE 409 & the GLE 455 as my L/C/R. Mine is 50% HT & 50% music with the occasional gaming. I have no experience with the Denon, Onkyo and Yamaha. I run them through a Earthquake cinenova Grande 7 channel amp. The pio 2016 AVR does not have enough power to open up the canton's. All the best

Cheers
post #98 of 525 Old 11-02-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapino View Post

Installed my new Cantons

Redecorated, new furniture, new AV setup (Canton Chrono + Marantz sR6004).

Man I wish there was a place where I could audition those. Can you give a review of them What do they sound like?

frenchmon
post #99 of 525 Old 11-03-2009, 12:14 AM

I'm not an audiophile, so I'm not sure I'm the right source to ask how they sound. I can only tell that they sound amazing to me. I previously had a Sony Pascal SAVE845 speakerset and these sound a LOT better. The Marantz SR6004 is said to produce a very warm sound and the Cantons seems to be a perfect match. Music sounds very clear, I can hear instruments or details I never heard before, and movies and games just sound awesome.

I have not yet bi-amped the fronts since the manual says they should be run-in for about 200hrs, so I think it might be better to wait a little. Design is great too, incredibly well built for its price.
post #100 of 525 Old 11-14-2009, 06:38 PM

no one knows of any place that has
post #101 of 525 Old 11-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkj69 View Post

no one knows of any place that has

Have you looked at ac4l . com? Karat CM 50 available there. Good luck.
post #102 of 525 Old 11-15-2009, 11:20 AM

I have thank you. but all they hvae are newer models, mine mains (ergo 100 dc) are over a decade old i believe.
post #103 of 525 Old 12-03-2009, 11:52 AM

I posted this somewhere else, but this is where it belongs:

I have been an audiophile for close to 20 years, owned so many different brands its hard to keep track and I am so in love with Canton's, that I have to share my story.

Back in the early 90's I bought a Hafler amp at the Wiz in NJ and was hooked on hi-end ever since. I immediately heard a difference, when I connected my Hafler to what I thought was quality speakers back then (Cerwin Vega horn speakers lol). That experience put me on the pursuit for better sound. I began with getting better speakers and within 2 years I went through about 10 brands, Paradigms, Cambers, KEF, Def Tech, and many others... Then I went to the next level and started purchasing mid level speakers and probably went through another 15 brands B&W's, Energy Veritas, M&K's, .... Then I went to what should have been the end of the road Meadowlark Heron I, B&W Nautilus 803's, Focal Limited Edition-Beryllium Electras 927's and 907's. Along with what I mentioned above I bought many other hi-end speakers and always felt something was missing. Because of all the knowledge I acquired I wound up working in a Hi-End Audio Salon for about 10 years. During that time I Listened to 100's of loud speakers, Manufacture Reps would come in weekly with a new brand or model for us to try. I eventually became the Manager of the store and traveled to CES in Vegas (the Consumer Electronic Show) each year and being an 'audiophile' I would spend hours at Alexis Park listening to the best of what Hi-End had to offer, Wilsons, Goldmund, Aerial, Cat, Genesis, Martin logan, MBL, Sonus (I loved the Cremonas), Eggleston, Von Schweikert, Mark and Daniel (one of the best I heard!) and many, many others. The point is I know what Hi-End sounds like! Many of the brands I listened to were awesome but not realistically priced.

About 2 years ago while in between speakers, I had a pair of Canton M10's just sitting around so I hooked them up till I could decide what was next... Not thinking much, I did not pay them any serious attention. A week or so later while stiing at my PC in a adjoining room I noticed that the music sounded very real, I felt like I was hearing a 'real' piano being played in my living room. This was a $1200 dollar speaker and I was very impressed with what I was hearing. As the weeks went by I did more and more critical listening and started falling in love with what I was hearing. Everything was alive and dynamic like a live performance! For the first time I started looking at the same line of speakers for an upgrade (I never had brand loyalty) I could not wait to see what a more expensive Canton could do. I bought the Canton Vento 820's and let me say that this is the most satisfying sound I have ever heard from a speaker under $5,000. Its hard to believe that a $2400 speaker can sound so good! Its safe to say that I am hooked on Cantons for life and next up for me is the Reference 9.2's. Cant wait to hear them!!!
post #104 of 525 Old 12-03-2009, 04:22 PM

Hi,
Since a week I own a canton movie cd 1000 set which i hooked up to an Onkyo receiver tx-nr807 but i'm not satisfied with the sound. I am still struggling with the set up and i hope it will be better!
Does someone have experience with this combination? Can cables do the trick? I'm now using cheap cables.

Thanks
post #105 of 525 Old 12-04-2009, 02:33 PM

Although I haven't hear any high end series from Canton, like the Karat, Ergo and Venton line, I have similar feeling with the Canton speaker as you have (I only listened to their entry level LE series). Sound coming out of the Canton is realisticly spacious and natural, no exaggeration of any particular frequency range. True German engineering does make a difference, I think.

One question, the M10 speaker you heared is the small bookshelf in Karat series, right? I am thinking of getting a pair of Karat M20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrakeavi View Post

I posted this somewhere else, but this is where it belongs:

I have been an audiophile for close to 20 years, owned so many different brands its hard to keep track and I am so in love with Canton's, that I have to share my story.

Back in the early 90's I bought a Hafler amp at the Wiz in NJ and was hooked on hi-end ever since. I immediately heard a difference, when I connected my Hafler to what I thought was quality speakers back then (Cerwin Vega horn speakers lol). That experience put me on the pursuit for better sound. I began with getting better speakers and within 2 years I went through about 10 brands, Paradigms, Cambers, KEF, Def Tech, and many others... Then I went to the next level and started purchasing mid level speakers and probably went through another 15 brands B&W's, Energy Veritas, M&K's, .... Then I went to what should have been the end of the road Meadowlark Heron I, B&W Nautilus 803's, Focal Limited Edition-Beryllium Electras 927's and 907's. Along with what I mentioned above I bought many other hi-end speakers and always felt something was missing. Because of all the knowledge I acquired I wound up working in a Hi-End Audio Salon for about 10 years. During that time I Listened to 100's of loud speakers, Manufacture Reps would come in weekly with a new brand or model for us to try. I eventually became the Manager of the store and traveled to CES in Vegas (the Consumer Electronic Show) each year and being an 'audiophile' I would spend hours at Alexis Park listening to the best of what Hi-End had to offer, Wilsons, Goldmund, Aerial, Cat, Genesis, Martin logan, MBL, Sonus (I loved the Cremonas), Eggleston, Von Schweikert, Mark and Daniel (one of the best I heard!) and many, many others. The point is I know what Hi-End sounds like! Many of the brands I listened to were awesome but not realistically priced.

About 2 years ago while in between speakers, I had a pair of Canton M10's just sitting around so I hooked them up till I could decide what was next... Not thinking much, I did not pay them any serious attention. A week or so later while stiing at my PC in a adjoining room I noticed that the music sounded very real, I felt like I was hearing a 'real' piano being played in my living room. This was a $1200 dollar speaker and I was very impressed with what I was hearing. As the weeks went by I did more and more critical listening and started falling in love with what I was hearing. Everything was alive and dynamic like a live performance! For the first time I started looking at the same line of speakers for an upgrade (I never had brand loyalty) I could not wait to see what a more expensive Canton could do. I bought the Canton Vento 820's and let me say that this is the most satisfying sound I have ever heard from a speaker under $5,000. Its hard to believe that a $2400 speaker can sound so good! Its safe to say that I am hooked on Cantons for life and next up for me is the Reference 9.2's. Cant wait to hear them!!!

post #106 of 525 Old 12-10-2009, 07:28 PM

Hello everyone,I have a pair of wharfedale diamond 8.4, however I'd like to buy better speakers that's why I intend to buy Canton speakers but I hesitate between several models. I also don't know if the speaker I would like to buy will work correctly with my amplifier (22 watts per channel kt66 push pull tube amp)
I am interested in the Canton ergo 611 or the ergo rc-l. However I don't k know how these speakers sound as in France (Paris) Canton is not at all a widespread brand so I can't listen to these speakers.
If there are folks in this forum who have had the opportunity of listening to the 611 or rc-l I would be very pleased to have your opinion. I listen to many types of music (classical, world music, rock, progressive rock, hard rock, blues, country, and jazz from time to time).
-Do you think I should buy the ergo 611 or ergo rc-l (is the control box is an advantage or the dc technology is better)?
-Will my 22 watts per channel tube amp will drive them correctly despite the rather low sensitivity 89db?
-If someone had the opportunity of comparing them to wharfedale diamond, how do they compare to them?
Aren't they too big for a 40 feet square room?

Thanks in advance for your replies
post #107 of 525 Old 12-12-2009, 10:02 AM

Hi! I become a proud Canton speakers owner about two months ago after endlessly searching for a pair of floor speakers with good build quality at a reasonable price.

I ordered a pair of Canton Karat 790DC from a German vendor with a leap of faith based on reviews here, testeo.org, and amazon.de. The total cost including shipping and custom fee is about 20% less than the best quote I can get in the US.

Initially, I was using my old Sony STR-DG910 7.1 receiver to drive the speakers. After break-in period, I found the speakers sounded good but not as great as I anticipate. They sounded a bit harsh and there was no depth. Then I figured the problem could be the receiver. Then I upgraded to Pioneer VSX-919AH. Oh, boy! What a difference it makes! BTW, my living room has high ceiling (25'x20' with 25' tall roof).

People have recommended Denon and Marantz receivers (even my German dealer recommended). But, they are kind of over my budget. Pioneer VSX-919AH is a good match for the price. I think Denon and Marantz might do better. For the time being, I am very happy.

Being impressed by Canton, I order a pair of GLE 407 from Accessories4less.com for my bedroom about a month ago. I thought the cabinet would be made in real wood but it isn't. It is made of plastics in great finish though. For $600 a pair, real wood seems to be a stretch. These babies sound great too. It does not require much break-in. In a medium small bedroom (15'x10'), they reproduce accurate high, med, and low. Another great buy from Canton! BTW, I use Sony STR-DG910 to drive the two. They seem to be doing fine. I guess the smaller the room is, the less demanding acoustics becomes.

My newest addition is a Canton Karat AS-725 subwoofer from Accessories4less.com. It is mainly supplementing the bass when I watch movies. It is doing a fine job with a stylish exterior.

By no means, Canton speakers are perfect. But, for the performance and fit and finish, Cantons are a bargain without a doubt. These speakers I bought are marked as "Made in Germany." I am pretty certain there are components made elsewhere as any product on the market right now. But the sticker represents a proud heritage of good quality products IMO.

Enjoy!
post #108 of 525 Old 12-16-2009, 10:10 AM

Hi All
I am novice trying to build up my first system and would require your help. I read through a lot of posts, listened a lot and finally zeroed in on some Floor Standing speakers Canton Vento 890DC . I bought a pair because I was getting a good deal and I also loved the audition . Now I am looking for a matching receiver but I am worried about the below specs

Nom. /Music power handling 180 / 340 watts
SPL (1 watt/1m) 88.5 db (1 W, 1 m)

Does this mean I need a really powerful AV receiver to drive these speakers and if so what model should I look for? Or should I look for separates? I have been going crazy trying to find a receiver to drive this. I would be mainly driving this in 5.1 mode. My center speaker is Vento 856 Center. I can stretch my budget to $2,500. I have auditioned Denon, Marantz and Yamaha. I am thinking of the Yamaha Rxv 3900 or the Onkyo 3007. What would your suggestion be? Will bi amping solve my problem for the fronts.

I really would appreciate your help. My requirement is 70% Music and 30% movies. My room is small and I dont need very loud music

Thanks for your responses
post #109 of 525 Old 12-16-2009, 01:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalguy View Post

Hi All
I am novice trying to build up my first system and would require your help. I read through a lot of posts, listened a lot and finally zeroed in on some Floor Standing speakers Canton Vento 890DC . I bought a pair because I was getting a good deal and I also loved the audition . Now I am looking for a matching receiver but I am worried about the below specs

Nom. /Music power handling 180 / 340 watts
SPL (1 watt/1m) 88.5 db (1 W, 1 m)

Does this mean I need a really powerful AV receiver to drive these speakers and if so what model should I look for? Or should I look for separates? I have been going crazy trying to find a receiver to drive this. I would be mainly driving this in 5.1 mode. My center speaker is Vento 856 Center. I can stretch my budget to $2,500. I have auditioned Denon, Marantz and Yamaha. I am thinking of the Yamaha Rxv 3900 or the Onkyo 3007. What would your suggestion be? Will bi amping solve my problem for the fronts.

I really would appreciate your help. My requirement is 70% Music and 30% movies. My room is small and I dont need very loud music

Thanks for your responses

Since your room is small a good receiver should do the job. I am using a Marantz SR8002 with good success. (Canton Ergo 1002's) I am also impressed with what I a read about the new Pioneer Elite SC-25 & SC-27 and their ICE power amps. Another road you could go would be a more mid priced amp (Marantz SR-6003) with a 3 or 5 channel amp such as a Rotel 1095. You may not need any more power than a good receiver, but that option would come very close to your 2500 budget.

No bi-amping, will not make a noticeable difference in your setup, because your receiver and many amps are using a single power supply. The power is shared by all channels being used.

Remember, power does not equal volume, but the reserve power of a 200w amp will pretty much assure you of not overdriving your speakers with some low powered receivers or amps.
post #110 of 525 Old 12-17-2009, 04:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
hi friends.

thanks you to all guys for sharing your setups and experiences.

VulcanSoulPatch, that's nice Canton journey... and yes DT forever.

ddrakeavi, it's great to read that Cantons satisfies you among so many other brands...

foxtrot1972
I hope someone will answer. You I don't have experience with 611 and nor RC-l, but from my experience with Ergos 700 and considering some reviews I would have some doubts about reproduction of classical music.
Which model (brand) is your tube amp?

------------------------------------------------------------------
The pics from my 'kitchen': [click on the icons]

Redemption - "Progressive Metal Band"
post #111 of 525 Old 12-29-2009, 12:14 PM

I am building a home theater and want "music quality" speakers. I will be getting tower speakers, a center channel and a subwoofer, but no surround speakers at the moment.

I had an opportunity to audition the PSB Imagine speakers and loved them. I thought I had a connection to get them at a wholesale price. Unfortunately, that window of opportunity closed before I could grab them.

I now have the same opportunity to pick up new Canton speakers at a great price. However, I live in South Florida. And from what I can tell, there is no way to audition these speakers anywhere around here.

The plan is to get the Chrono 509 DC tower speakers, the 505 center channel, and the Ergo AS 650.2 SC subwoofer.

Based upon my desire for music quality speakers and my appreciation of the PSB Imagine speakers, do you folks who are more familiar with Canton think this would be a good choice for me? Any Canton series higher than this would be beyond my budget.

FYI, although I will be using the speakers for watching movies and TV, I am focusing on listening to music. My taste runs from classical music (primarily piano concerti) to contemporary jazz, to classic rock, to movie soundtracks, to classic rock and to "oldies".

Thanks in advance for any assistance or guidance you can provide.
post #112 of 525 Old 12-30-2009, 08:43 PM

Hi! You won't go wrong with Canton speakers. They are the best kept secret in audio world, IMO. I think you might want to make sure your receiver (or amplifier) work great with your setting. If the room is small, low-end receivers might do the job. But, if the room is large, you might want to find a good quality receiver in your budget.
Good luck!
post #113 of 525 Old 12-31-2009, 12:28 AM

I have the Chrono-set for about 4 months now and am still amazed how good these speakers sound. Both for music and movies. Miles ahead of my previous Sony Pascal set.
post #114 of 525 Old 12-31-2009, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiuej View Post

Hi! You won't go wrong with Canton speakers. They are the best kept secret in audio world, IMO. I think you might want to make sure your receiver (or amplifier) work great with your setting. If the room is small, low-end receivers might do the job. But, if the room is large, you might want to find a good quality receiver in your budget.
Good luck!

I am planning to purchase a Denon 4310. I think that should be strong enough to handle the Canton's. The area is relatively small, but has high ceilings. So, it should be fine.

Please advise if you think the Denon will not be sufficient.

BTW, I got a private message note from this forum, but was unable to open it. Whoever sent it can feel free to contact me at dslach@earthlink.net.
post #115 of 525 Old 12-31-2009, 09:32 AM

Hi! I never own a Denon receiver personally but I am certain your choice is great. I contacted Canton (Germany) for receiver recommendations a couple of months ago. They did not specify which models but they said based on their experience, Marantz and Denon receivers work great with Cantons. This does not mean other receivers would not work well with Cantons. You can read through the postings here and people are using various receivers and the results are generally positive. Another fact to consider: actually Denon, Marantz, McIntosh are owned by the same company, D&M Holdings. They make great products. You won't go wrong with them. If they are within your budget, go for it!
For speaker wires, I have used various brands in various gauges. I think the generic 12-gauge wire available on the market is a bargain. I settle on Supra Classic 6 (9-gauge made in Sweden) eventually. I cannot say it does a much better job than generic or other brands wires. It is like I put Michelin tires on my car. I trust the engineering/quality and I am willing to pay for a little bit extra for the assurance. The only downside of using thick wires is the difficulty to hook up with the receiver. I have to use banana plugs instead of bare wire connection (only to receiver end, not speaker end). Canton's terminals are designed to handle thick wires.
Good luck and congratulations!!
post #116 of 525 Old 01-04-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:

Hi! I become a proud Canton speakers owner about two months ago after endlessly searching for a pair of floor speakers with good build quality at a reasonable price.

I ordered a pair of Canton Karat 790DC from a German vendor with a leap of faith based on reviews here, testeo.org, and amazon.de. The total cost including shipping and custom fee is about 20% less than the best quote I can get in the US.

Initially, I was using my old Sony STR-DG910 7.1 receiver to drive the speakers. After break-in period, I found the speakers sounded good but not as great as I anticipate. They sounded a bit harsh and there was no depth. Then I figured the problem could be the receiver. Then I upgraded to Pioneer VSX-919AH. Oh, boy! What a difference it makes! BTW, my living room has high ceiling (25'x20' with 25' tall roof).

People have recommended Denon and Marantz receivers (even my German dealer recommended). But, they are kind of over my budget. Pioneer VSX-919AH is a good match for the price. I think Denon and Marantz might do better. For the time being, I am very happy.

Being impressed by Canton, I order a pair of GLE 407 from Accessories4less.com for my bedroom about a month ago. I thought the cabinet would be made in real wood but it isn't. It is made of plastics in great finish though. For $600 a pair, real wood seems to be a stretch. These babies sound great too. It does not require much break-in. In a medium small bedroom (15'x10'), they reproduce accurate high, med, and low. Another great buy from Canton! BTW, I use Sony STR-DG910 to drive the two. They seem to be doing fine. I guess the smaller the room is, the less demanding acoustics becomes.

My newest addition is a Canton Karat AS-725 subwoofer from Accessories4less.com. It is mainly supplementing the bass when I watch movies. It is doing a fine job with a stylish exterior.

By no means, Canton speakers are perfect. But, for the performance and fit and finish, Cantons are a bargain without a doubt. These speakers I bought are marked as "Made in Germany." I am pretty certain there are components made elsewhere as any product on the market right now. But the sticker represents a proud heritage of good quality products IMO.

Enjoy!

IF you got the GLE series...you get real wood.

frenchmon
post #117 of 525 Old 01-05-2010, 03:05 PM

Hi! frenchmon,

I look at the cabinet of my GLE 407 speakers. The material looks like real wood (cherry) but I am certain it is not wood. The pattern on the surface is totally identical for the pair. That leads me to believe it is not organic. It is almost impossible to two identical wood panels with the same pattern.

shiuej
post #118 of 525 Old 01-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Hi! frenchmon,

I look at the cabinet of my GLE 407 speakers. The material looks like real wood (cherry) but I am certain it is not wood. The pattern on the surface is totally identical for the pair. That leads me to believe it is not organic. It is almost impossible to two identical wood panels with the same pattern.

shiuej

Yes, wood veneered speakers can have nearly identical patterns. Google "wood veneer" images and you will see examples of this. This speaks well of Canton quality control. My Ergos are quite close in wood grain, and I assure you, they are real wood veneers and solids. Enjoy!
post #119 of 525 Old 01-07-2010, 10:18 AM

Thanks to frenchmons review of the GLE 403. I decided to sell my Klipsch RB61 and give the Cantons a try. I will let people know how they sound when they arrive tomorrow.
post #120 of 525 Old 01-14-2010, 07:21 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I recently became the winner of an auction for a pair of cherry Karat M 30 DC for a fraction of MSRP and i had mixed feelings with my Xonar DX sound card feeding a pair of Marantz MA-500 ( too powerful for my large desk at work ).

So i downgraded the amps to the perennial favorite baby Parasound Zamp v.2 but still it was missing.

Then i got an Auzentech X-Meridian card second hand and OH BOY!!! I also got toe-in as the tweeters are very directional and narrow-beaming and yes, sound stage was there.

Then they had a one day sale for the Asus Xonar ST PCI audiophile card, the one with the copper shielding and headphone amp with capacitors the size of my thumb and opamps from Mars .....What can i say, productivity initially decreased as i had coworkers creep in my office just to relax and listen, then once we all had our fill of pure magic i just keep running Avro Klassiek or Novasonic on Winamp (had to create a cell phone bluetooth PAN to bypass the corporate firewall and load shoutcast broadband stations, in windows 7 you just switch on the fly between internet connections).

Tip: a Griffin Powermate is a must in a busy office, one push and the system is muted, i keep it in front of my phone.

As the reviewer above i also noticed a sterile quality to the Cantons. Just like in Sankt Pauli, the body is there but no soul. Just like a BMW with go-kart millimetric input steering, perfect but not thrilling, clean like the streets of Hannover on a Monday morning, or the bus driver in a 3-piece suit with the laurel leaf cap...like Kraftwerk said "Wir sind die roboter", and oh BTW their SACD is now hitting close to $1000 on some auctions... got it?

Yes, cynicism apart, my Cantons are very very neutral but in a way that grows on you like an old glove. Very different eg from my basement Paradigm Reference v.2 system. Definitely keepers!

And cherry looks a lot prettier than the maple in the pic BTW.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Canton , Canton Center Channel Speaker , Canton Chrono 505 2 Speaker , Canton Ls 90 1 Stand Pair Silver , Canton Ls 95 Stand Pair Silver , Canton Ls 105 Stand Pair Silver , Canton Ls 80 1 Stand Pair Black , Canton Ls 90 1 Stand Pair Black , Canton Gle 490 2 Speaker Single Silver , Canton Chrono 507 2 Standing Speaker