MISSION owners thread. - Page 17 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #481 of 482 Old 02-16-2015, 12:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked: 1044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiffylush View Post
Opinions wanted:

Potential Mission 770 owner here. I can get a pair for $200 (maybe less) with no grills or stands. I am told they are in good condition but will be able to check them out in person and listen to them before I purchase.

These will not be used with my main setup so I don't need to worry about matching and all of that. I would like to have them at least partially for the nostalgia factor of old hifi speakers but I want to make sure that 35 year old speakers aren't just going to be more trouble than they are worth. I own a pair of Polk RT16s that are 20ish years old and they are practically perfect in every way so I am optimistic.

This could be the first step in having a separate analog system and moving into the world of LPs...
I have a pair of those 770 "Freedoms" with stands. Great little speakers and have aged well. Not in my primary listening room -- in there I have 780 "Argonauts", same vintage. Love 'em all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 482 Old 06-07-2015, 05:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKellog View Post
Good to see so many happy Mission owners here!

I currently have the following in my theater room:
Mission M74i Fronts
Mission M7C1i Center
Mission M30i Rears (Would have got the M7DS but they were no longer sold locally)

And I have the following in my music room:
Mission 760i Bookshelfs
Mission MS8 Sub (I agree that their subs are pretty weak when compared to say, Paradigm/Energy subs)
Hi, I joined this site seeking further information on Mission 760i model speakers. I acquired a pair through "good karma" and kijij- New Brunswick, Canada. I was so impressed, I bought a pair in Toronto (also through kijiji);
Had a family member in Toronto pick them up for me. The order of evolution began with the Mission 760 and was followed by the 760i-which was altered a bit. A while back, I found an article on what changes were made, I think it was the crossovers. I lost the article and was hoping someone here might know. By the way, I bought the speakers as a gift for my niece; they are older than she is. Wonderful near-feild capability and the early versions pre-date speaker technology's migration towards 5 or 7 channel development. I believe this period was a very significant 2 channel speaker development timeframe. Super happy to find 25 year old speakers in mint condition and sound quality. Kindest regards to all Mission owners. Great to share their noteworthy gifts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Optoma Ep 771 3000 Lumen Multimedia Data Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page