MISSION owners thread. - Page 17 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #481 of 481 Old 02-16-2015, 12:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 879 Post(s)
Liked: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiffylush View Post
Opinions wanted:

Potential Mission 770 owner here. I can get a pair for $200 (maybe less) with no grills or stands. I am told they are in good condition but will be able to check them out in person and listen to them before I purchase.

These will not be used with my main setup so I don't need to worry about matching and all of that. I would like to have them at least partially for the nostalgia factor of old hifi speakers but I want to make sure that 35 year old speakers aren't just going to be more trouble than they are worth. I own a pair of Polk RT16s that are 20ish years old and they are practically perfect in every way so I am optimistic.

This could be the first step in having a separate analog system and moving into the world of LPs...
I have a pair of those 770 "Freedoms" with stands. Great little speakers and have aged well. Not in my primary listening room -- in there I have 780 "Argonauts", same vintage. Love 'em all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Optoma Ep 771 3000 Lumen Multimedia Data Projector