Infinity Beta Owners - Page 81 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 9Likes

post #2401 of 2409 Old 08-13-2015, 08:33 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene c353 View Post
If you have trouble finding one I have a single tweeter from the Beta 20 - p/n 362820-001 - (broke the other one while not following my own advice Awesome? I think not ). $25 shipped sound O.K.?

That leaves me with a single Beta 20 (O.K. condition in Ebony) and a single 6" driver and single cabinet if anyone's interested.

I also have a pair of Il 50 tweeters, no visable p/n (also used in the 40's and 60's, one new, one used) which have cooling fins on the back for increased power handling, or so they say.

And a pair of mint (and I mean MINT) Beta 20's in Ebony with boxes and all packing material. O.K., taking my salesman hat off now.
Gene, I may be able to fix your tweeter. If you would like me to try, feel free to send it to me! PM for my contact info.

"The satisfaction of a great price will be overshadowed by the bitterness of poor quality."

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Abear
You still measure your TV in "inches"? Thats so cute! :D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2402 of 2409 Old 08-13-2015, 08:51 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I think I've tossed it already but if I stumble accross it sometimes in the future I'll keep you in mind .
post #2403 of 2409 Old 08-15-2015, 11:49 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you all for the leads. I called Infinity and they have no idea how to track down an original tweeter. I then called Harman/Revel and ordered the F12 tweeter pair ($35 each). Will report back on the quality of these units.
post #2404 of 2409 Old 08-18-2015, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi all,
I just found this thread and am trying to trouble shoot a speaker problem - One of my Beta 50 speakers sounds a bit muffled.
I tested all the speakers and found them all in spec so I replaced the crossover with a new OEM unit.

The speaker sounded better but still wasn't quite right.

I took an ohms reading at the speaker terminals of both speakers and found the good speaker to have a reading of 5.2 and the lame speaker read 6 ohms.

So I took the capacitors and resistors off the board and measured each,finding them all to be in spec.

What could be causing this degradation of sound quality??
post #2405 of 2409 Old 08-18-2015, 02:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokitjon View Post
Hi all,
I just found this thread and am trying to trouble shoot a speaker problem - One of my Beta 50 speakers sounds a bit muffled.
I tested all the speakers and found them all in spec so I replaced the crossover with a new OEM unit.

The speaker sounded better but still wasn't quite right.

I took an ohms reading at the speaker terminals of both speakers and found the good speaker to have a reading of 5.2 and the lame speaker read 6 ohms.

So I took the capacitors and resistors off the board and measured each,finding them all to be in spec.

What could be causing this degradation of sound quality??
First thing I would do is see if you can hear anything coming out of your tweeters. If you don't hear anything, you will need to replace them.

"The satisfaction of a great price will be overshadowed by the bitterness of poor quality."

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Abear
You still measure your TV in "inches"? Thats so cute! :D
post #2406 of 2409 Old 08-18-2015, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 739 Post(s)
Liked: 644
Betas are notorious for broken tweeters. read back a few posts and youll see a replacement option. Have you swapped your speakers to make sure its not your receiver?

I caved!
post #2407 of 2409 Old 08-18-2015, 04:07 PM

This is the frustrating thing - the tweeters,mids,woofers are all good and measure good.I've switched the connections to the receiver.
Everything is connected properly.The capacitors and resistors are in spec...there is nothing I can find that would cause this problem..
post #2408 of 2409 Old 08-20-2015, 10:18 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you all folks, my beta is back in business!

I replaced the old tweeter with the F12 tweeter, and here is the old vs new FR.

rokitjon -- I suspect what is happening to your beta, is what happened to mine: the tweeter is not "broken" in the sense that it doesn't make sound. It still makes sound, just not the way it's supposed to be. In my case, the tweeter is failing at around 4.5k but still operational at higher frequencies above 10k. You can only tell by running a frequency sweep. I have a miniDSP UMIK-1 and the free REW software which allowed me to test the FR. You can buy the UMIK-1 for about $95. It can also be used to correct your room acoustics.

See the FR of the beta with the new tweeter below, vs the old tweeter:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	beta right new tweeter vs old tweeter.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	899306  
post #2409 of 2409 Old 08-22-2015, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otheme View Post
Thank you all folks, my beta is back in business!

I replaced the old tweeter with the F12 tweeter, and here is the old vs new FR.

rokitjon -- I suspect what is happening to your beta, is what happened to mine: the tweeter is not "broken" in the sense that it doesn't make sound. It still makes sound, just not the way it's supposed to be. In my case, the tweeter is failing at around 4.5k but still operational at higher frequencies above 10k. You can only tell by running a frequency sweep. I have a miniDSP UMIK-1 and the free REW software which allowed me to test the FR. You can buy the UMIK-1 for about $95. It can also be used to correct your room acoustics.

See the FR of the beta with the new tweeter below, vs the old tweeter:
I've never heard of that before!

But it's not just the tweeter,it's the overall output of all the speakers in the cabinet..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Denon Avr 2807 A V Surround Receiver