Infinity Beta Owners - Page 82 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 12Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2431 of 2438 Old 01-05-2016, 01:21 PM
Newbie
 
baisong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bedford, MA
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi,

Would it be possible you send it to me, how does $20 sound? I can pay through Paypal.

Please let me know if the price is okay with you, I will send you my address.

Thanks
Baisong
baisong is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2432 of 2438 Old 01-15-2016, 05:29 PM
Member
 
thebove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone have a pair of ES250's still kicking around that they are looking to part with? Black preferably, but for some reason the white ones seem to be more prevalent. They're all pretty hard to find these days though.

I currently run a 7.1 setup using a pair of cherry Beta 50 fronts, a cherry C360 center, and 4x black Beta 20's for surrounds and surround backs.

But, I'm doing some re-arranging, and will be going down to to a 5.1 system instead of 7.1. So, I'm looking for a pair of the ES250s to run in bipole mode. (the main seating area will be all the way at the back wall).
thebove is offline  
post #2433 of 2438 Old 01-15-2016, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
toddman36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,190
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebove View Post
Anyone have a pair of ES250's still kicking around that they are looking to part with? Black preferably, but for some reason the white ones seem to be more prevalent. They're all pretty hard to find these days though.

I currently run a 7.1 setup using a pair of cherry Beta 50 fronts, a cherry C360 center, and 4x black Beta 20's for surrounds and surround backs.

But, I'm doing some re-arranging, and will be going down to to a 5.1 system instead of 7.1. So, I'm looking for a pair of the ES250s to run in bipole mode. (the main seating area will be all the way at the back wall).
I saw a new pair on ebay this week... But, they were white.

(R&L: Infinity Beta 50) (Center: Infinity Beta C360) (Surround side & Back: Infinity IW ERS 210 x 4) (TM: Infinity ERS 110 x 2) (Sub: Def Tech SC1)
(7.1.2 Config.) (AVR: Denon 4100) (Audiosource Amp 110 for TM's) (BRP: Pioneer 80FD) (Display: Panasonic TC-P65S1)
toddman36 is offline  
post #2434 of 2438 Old 01-17-2016, 05:16 PM
Member
 
Erighan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hello all. I currently have a 5.1 setup using Beta 40s, a 250, 10s and a Klipsch 12, all running off an older Denon received. I just bought a new 7.1 Atmos Denon received and was looking to make a 5.2.1 setup. My room is oddly shaped, so a 7.1 won't work well.

Any thoughts on adding some Atmos speakers? Or, do you think I should save my money and upgrade pieces of my current setup? I can spend around $300-400.

Thanks
Erighan is offline  
post #2435 of 2438 Old 02-28-2016, 11:12 PM
Member
 
rlb4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 185
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I currently use 2 Beta 50's and a Beta 360 for my LRC and 2 Beta 10's for my surrounds. I have an Onkyo 818 receiver and Hsu sub. Room is 18' long x 11.5' wide. I use the Beta 10's on the side wall. I plan on getting 2 Beta ES250's to replace them on the side walls(in bipole mode). My question is should I use a 3rd Beta ES250(to provide both channels) on the back wall for 7.1 or my 2 Beta 10's? Which would sound better? System is for HT only.
rlb4 is offline  
post #2436 of 2438 Old 02-29-2016, 05:19 AM
Advanced Member
 
GLBright's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Morgan County, Indiana
Posts: 713
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb4 View Post
My question is should I use a 3rd Beta ES250(to provide both channels) on the back wall for 7.1 or my 2 Beta 10's? Which would sound better? System is for HT only.
I'd use two Beta 10s high in the rear corners. The newer uncompressed audio codecs have discrete rear channels that I believe benefit by being separated by the width of your viewing area. That's the way I do it, with bipole side surrounds and small Infinity Primus 142s in the rear corners (elevated 6.5 feet).

HT: Onkyo TX-SR702,Infinity IL60s/IL36c,DefTech PF1500sub,LG PF1500,Draper92"screen,SonyBDP-S570,Dish622
Stereo1 Denon PMA-630 amp,TechnicsSL-1300TT,ToshibaSD-4960 uni-player,Infinity Overture 3s
Stereo 2 OnkyoTX-8222,HitachiHT-61S TT,YamahaDV-S586 uni-player,Large Advents (1972)
GLBright is offline  
post #2437 of 2438 Old 02-29-2016, 07:12 AM
Member
 
rlb4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 185
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLBright View Post
I'd use two Beta 10s high in the rear corners. The newer uncompressed audio codecs have discrete rear channels that I believe benefit by being separated by the width of your viewing area. That's the way I do it, with bipole side surrounds and small Infinity Primus 142s in the rear corners (elevated 6.5 feet).
Most diagrams that I see have the back rears close together. Do you think it makes much of a difference whether the back rears are close or separated?
rlb4 is offline  
post #2438 of 2438 Old 02-29-2016, 08:34 AM
Advanced Member
 
GLBright's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Morgan County, Indiana
Posts: 713
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb4 View Post
Most diagrams that I see have the back rears close together. Do you think it makes much of a difference whether the back rears are close or separated?
I have a feeling that most of those diagrams were made when the "7" channel was a matrix derived single channel as on DVDs, a la DDex or DTS Neo6. Now that the L and R rear channels are discrete in new BD formats I still opt for corner placement.

HT: Onkyo TX-SR702,Infinity IL60s/IL36c,DefTech PF1500sub,LG PF1500,Draper92"screen,SonyBDP-S570,Dish622
Stereo1 Denon PMA-630 amp,TechnicsSL-1300TT,ToshibaSD-4960 uni-player,Infinity Overture 3s
Stereo 2 OnkyoTX-8222,HitachiHT-61S TT,YamahaDV-S586 uni-player,Large Advents (1972)
GLBright is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Denon Avr 2807 A V Surround Receiver

taboola here


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off