post #3001 of 3012 Old 01-06-2015, 09:05 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.sah View Post
Where can I get gel, which is under ref 3.5? I woul like to replace it.
I would contact Gallo customer service with that request. Otherwise you may not get the same consistency of gell.

So much media, so little time...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3002 of 3012 Old 01-13-2015, 06:02 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
is here anyone who compared gallo 3.5 against Goldenear Triton One or Two? any impressions about sound, which is better?
post #3003 of 3012 Old 01-13-2015, 01:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodak805 View Post
Here are some photos of the Gallo Ref 3.5's on the ballistic rubber blocks:

Those are awesome looking speakers. Can you still get them? How much? Who do they sound?
post #3004 of 3012 Old 01-15-2015, 03:06 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.sah View Post
is here anyone who compared gallo 3.5 against Goldenear Triton One or Two? any impressions about sound, which is better?
I haven't but this guy claims to have extensively compared the Gallo 3.5 and Triton Two (2nd post):

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums...-adagio.81324/

To summarize, he says Gallo "smokes" the Triton on all counts.

Last edited by abalone; 01-15-2015 at 03:30 PM.
post #3005 of 3012 Old 01-19-2015, 05:24 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Driving Ref 3.5 2nd Woofer Voice Coil

This topic has remained dormant for awhile. While looking for any information I could find on the web regarding a possible Ref 3.5 replacement I found an early review on the Ref 3 from 2004 on the 6Moons website. The reviewer used a passive crossover with an amplifier to drive the 2nd voice coil of the Ref 3.

The crossover is manufactured by Harrison Laboratory and is called FMOD. Here is the link:

http://www.hlabs.com/products/crossovers/

I have not tried this but the concept intrigues me for its simplicity. All you would need to add is a volume controlled amplifier and cables.
post #3006 of 3012 Old 01-19-2015, 11:50 PM

Hi -

I'm seeing Gallo Strada 2's down in the $650-660 range at a couple of these online outfits like NewAudioVideo, AudiophileLiquidator - and also at a joint in WI called HiFi Heaven.

Anyone familiar with these places and their level of trustworthiness? I will have to ask them of course if they're authorized Gallo dealers, which I doubt - and which I suppose means the Gallo warranty wouldn't apply, correct?

Is it inherently suspicious to see these speakers at this price?

Thanks so much for any thoughts!
Andrew
post #3007 of 3012 Old 01-20-2015, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by alloyd50 View Post
Hi -

I'm seeing Gallo Strada 2's down in the $650-660 range at a couple of these online outfits like NewAudioVideo, AudiophileLiquidator - and also at a joint in WI called HiFi Heaven.

Anyone familiar with these places and their level of trustworthiness? I will have to ask them of course if they're authorized Gallo dealers, which I doubt - and which I suppose means the Gallo warranty wouldn't apply, correct?

Andrew
I don't know about the others, but HiFi Heaven is authorized - that said, the price range you are quoting is for Stradas, not Strada 2s.

HiFi Heaven will work with you on trade-ins.

Hope that helps...
post #3008 of 3012 Old Yesterday, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Hi -

Andrew
I bought my Stradas and a TR-1D from Hifi Heaven. Good prices, no issues. They did exactly what they said they would do. They're also an authorized dealer, so when my TR-1D died after one year I got a quick replacement directly from Gallo. I looked into some of the other sellers offering much lower prices and found reports of bogus business addresses, foreign owned companies, non-delivery of promised goods, delivery of defective products, and no Gallo warranty coverage. I can only suggest some Google research and buyer beware.
post #3009 of 3012 Old Yesterday, 09:15 AM

(double post, please delete)
post #3010 of 3012 Old Yesterday, 10:24 AM

Good to know, thanks Abalone. I will probably pull the trigger w HiFi heaven in the next couple of days.

I'm pairing with a Cambridge Audio Azur 351R, btw...will get a single Gallo A'diva SE for center channel, and probably fly with no sub or surrounds for the time being (this s*** gets expensive). Equal duty, music and movies/TV. Any thoughts welcome - will I badly miss having the sub, e.g. Eventually I'll find a cheap TR-1D on eBay or something and incorporate...and get some Nucleus's for surrounds.
post #3011 of 3012 Old Yesterday, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Good to know, thanks Abalone. I will probably pull the trigger w HiFi heaven in the next couple of days.

I'm pairing with a Cambridge Audio Azur 351R, btw...will get a single Gallo A'diva SE for center channel, and probably fly with no sub or surrounds for the time being (this s*** gets expensive). Equal duty, music and movies/TV. Any thoughts welcome - will I badly miss having the sub, e.g. Eventually I'll find a cheap TR-1D on eBay or something and incorporate...and get some Nucleus's for surrounds.
The short answer is yes, you'll likely miss not having any bass without a sub. The Stradas weren't designed for full range. We each have our own preferences and expectations, but if you're investing in Stradas for sound quality you'll probably want some bottom end. Don't hesitate to make HiFi Heaven an offer for a package deal. I also got a very good price directly from Gallo on a 2nd TR-1D, so I'd suggest contacting them to see what they can offer.
post #3012 of 3012 Unread Today, 02:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
anthony gallo 3.1 repair

Hi all,

Just found this thread. I have had the AG ref 3.1 for about five years. I bought them used from a dealer going out of business. I have the SA as well driving the lower speakers. I have loved them for the time I have owned them. However my 18 month old daughter has taken apart the midrange speakers. She removed the middle of the mid range speakers. Just picked off the piece in the middle. I would like to get them repaired. The website suggests the only option is to send them back to AG and that I must be the original owner etc. Anyone know of aftermarket repairs or other thoughts?

Would hate to get rid of these as the remainder of the speaker works great.

Thanks

Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Anthony Gallo Acoustics , Anthony Gallo Acoustics Tr 3d , Anthony Gallo Acoustics Nucleus Reference 3 5 , Yamaha , Sony , Pioneer Elite , Pioneer Elite 49 Txi Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page