Official Anthony Gallo Owners Thread - Page 102 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #3031 of 3054 Old 03-16-2015, 07:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encom Tron View Post
I'm still amazed at how great these speakers sound.
Yep, same here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3032 of 3054 Old 03-28-2015, 01:00 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 46
I just wonder if anybody tried or was successful to remove grilles from mid tone drivers either from Anthony Gallo 3.5 or Stradas?
post #3033 of 3054 Old 03-28-2015, 06:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by delfincek View Post
I just wonder if anybody tried or was successful to remove grilles from mid tone drivers either from Anthony Gallo 3.5 or Stradas?
They are press fit, and can be pried off carefully by the edge.

So much media, so little time...

post #3034 of 3054 Old 03-30-2015, 12:49 PM

Barry, only the black grill part as far as I understand? I struggle to grab that grille. But I do not want to use some crazy tools as I can do more harm for sure.
post #3035 of 3054 Old 03-30-2015, 01:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Barry, only the black grill part as far as I understand? I struggle to grab that grille. But I do not want to use some crazy tools as I can do more harm for sure.

Yes, just the black perforated metal screen can be removed.

Carefully, with a very small screwdriver, catching an opening in the grill and just prying gently at the edge. Fairly delicate work, but not neuro surgery

But why remove the grill? They are part of the design, and not an after thought whose sole purpose is to protect the driver...

post #3036 of 3054 Old 03-31-2015, 11:17 AM

Hi Barry,
yes, I'm interested to hear if there is any sonic difference with grilles off. Just curious after almost 5 years of usage and I know their performance in their essence. Have to say that I heard also a lot of different speakers in this time also with sky is the limit price. Sill very happy and satisfied with Anthony Gallo Reference 3.5 speakers, I'm not looking for anything else.

best, d.
post #3037 of 3054 Old 04-01-2015, 10:19 AM

With some respect and courage I did it. I will have it like that for some time now just to get used to it and will try to hear if there is any difference with grilles on or off.
Thanks Barry for advice how to go forward. Cau, d.

post #3038 of 3054 Old 04-01-2015, 02:34 PM
Advanced Member

Happy to help, let us know what you discover.

post #3039 of 3054 Old 04-04-2015, 08:10 AM

Hiya,
I had some listening sessions with my well known songs through these days. My initial impression is that music flow is smoother, more clear and also more energizing, also 3D impression goes one step further. So grilles will stay off for now and will keep listening throughout my music library. I might rediscover my Anthony Gallo's 3.5.

best, d.
post #3040 of 3054 Old 04-04-2015, 11:20 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Listening Height

Quote:
Hiya,
I had some listening sessions with my well known songs through these days. My initial impression is that music flow is smoother, more clear and also more energizing, also 3D impression goes one step further. So grilles will stay off for now and will keep listening throughout my music library. I might rediscover my Anthony Gallo's 3.5.

best, d.
Now you need to raise the Ref 3.5's at least 8 inches above the floor and experience some very positive improvements!
post #3041 of 3054 Old 04-19-2015, 05:05 AM

Liked: 10
I'm refitting my living room and home theater setup, which I plan to use both for music and TV/movies. A friend recommended the A'Diva 5.1 system. The reviews look great, but I have a large space and am concerned thathe subwoofer won't be adequate.

The room is 28' x 18' and has 28' ceilings. The actual viewing and listening area is about 18' x '14' (also with the 28' ceilings) and is open to the rest of the room.

The A'Diva 5.1 system comes with the TR-1D subwoofer, but will that be sufficient for the room? The A'Diva SE system comes with the TR-3D sub, which would probably be better, but it may be pushing my budget.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Aari
post #3042 of 3054 Old 04-19-2015, 09:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi there,

I have Strada II speakers (LCR) since last July and enjoying it. However, lately noticed there are stains on the CDT on one of my speakers. Is this common?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stained Strada II.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	675345  
post #3043 of 3054 Old 04-20-2015, 08:26 AM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by aari5 View Post
I'm refitting my living room and home theater setup, which I plan to use both for music and TV/movies. A friend recommended the A'Diva 5.1 system. The reviews look great, but I have a large space and am concerned thathe subwoofer won't be adequate.

The room is 28' x 18' and has 28' ceilings. The actual viewing and listening area is about 18' x '14' (also with the 28' ceilings) and is open to the rest of the room.

The A'Diva 5.1 system comes with the TR-1D subwoofer, but will that be sufficient for the room? The A'Diva SE system comes with the TR-3D sub, which would probably be better, but it may be pushing my budget.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Aari
I think you are right to be concerned about the subwoofer output in such a large room.
Consider getting 2 - TR-1D subs. The second sub will not only provide more bass but a second sub can really help smooth the bass response in the room. If you find you don't really benefit by the second sub, Gallo has a 60 day no risk return policy - can't go wrong.

Mitsubishi WD73-742, Oppo BDP-103, Gallo Classico CL-4/Classico CL-C Center/ CL-10 Sub/ Adiva-ti surrounds, Emotiva UMC-200/ XPA-5/ XPA-3, Toshiba HD-A3. Roku XS  "All rooms, speakers and ears are different, trust your own ears."

Last edited by Repdetect; 04-20-2015 at 08:29 AM.
post #3044 of 3054 Old 04-20-2015, 10:43 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repdetect View Post
I think you are right to be concerned about the subwoofer output in such a large room.
Consider getting 2 - TR-1D subs. The second sub will not only provide more bass but a second sub can really help smooth the bass response in the room. If you find you don't really benefit by the second sub, Gallo has a 60 day no risk return policy - can't go wrong.
^^^ That!
post #3045 of 3054 Old 04-21-2015, 09:21 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by macuniverse View Post
^^^ That!
Thanks for the advice. Finding a place for two subs may be a challenge with my wife (who is already not thrilled with having even one). I assume the two subs should be placed in different spots in the room and not more or less next to each other. Is that right? If they do need to be in different places and that is not an option for me, would the TR-3D work in place of two TR-1Ds?
post #3046 of 3054 Old 04-21-2015, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. Finding a place for two subs may be a challenge with my wife (who is already not thrilled with having even one). I assume the two subs should be placed in different spots in the room and not more or less next to each other. Is that right? If they do need to be in different places and that is not an option for me, would the TR-3D work in place of two TR-1Ds?
Gallo subs are very small compared to other sub boxes. You can also hide them under something if possible. If you believe in Audyssey XT32, A'Diva's are crossed over around 90-100 Hz mark with wall mounting.So, bass localisation is a border case.

Having two subs helps smooth the music but it might also create bass balance problems if not carefully located. My solution was to put my two subs just next to the L/R speakers, more or less, at equal distance to the main listening position. This way 2.2 music sounds just right and Audyssey did a decent job of blending subs and L/R speakers.
post #3047 of 3054 Old 04-22-2015, 08:23 AM

Liked: 18
Quote:
As far a placement goes it's really a matter of experimenting where the best spot may be (sound & WAF considerations). Harmon Industries has published some basic guidelines. Good reading to start with as no 2 rooms are likely to require the same placement.

http://www.harman.com/EN-US/OurCompa...White%20papers.

No single sub will operate in a room the same as 2 subs, which will have the potential for better bass balance throughout the room.

You could try one TR-3D and you may be happy/satisfied. If not then try 2 of that or the TR-1D. I'd speak to tech support at Gallo as well. No one knows their subs better than they do.

Mitsubishi WD73-742, Oppo BDP-103, Gallo Classico CL-4/Classico CL-C Center/ CL-10 Sub/ Adiva-ti surrounds, Emotiva UMC-200/ XPA-5/ XPA-3, Toshiba HD-A3. Roku XS  "All rooms, speakers and ears are different, trust your own ears."
post #3048 of 3054 Old 04-23-2015, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi all, looking for a bit of detail please on the Strada 2 speakers.
1) Could anyone please state exact height of the centre speaker when mounted on the table mount? So height from bottom of mount to top of speaker. This is crucial to my proposed set up.
2) Does the table mount for the satellite speakers tilt up and down? I believe the centre speaker table mount does.
3) Recommendations for a suitable AV receiver (£500 budget) to run the following proposed set up TR-1D subwoofer, Strada 2 Centre speaker, Strada 2 x 2 Front satellites, Micro SE x 2 Rear satellites. I am UK based and the viewing/listening room is 3.4 x 3.4 metres.

Apologies if this information has already been posted but it is a pretty lengthy thread to read through! Many thanks and regards, Tim.
post #3049 of 3054 Old 04-23-2015, 07:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenzenus View Post
Hi there,

I have Strada II speakers (LCR) since last July and enjoying it. However, lately noticed there are stains on the CDT on one of my speakers. Is this common?

I'd contact Gallo customer service. It was pretty common on their early versions of the CDT, but I don't think so on the recent models.

post #3050 of 3054 Old 04-23-2015, 07:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampshire2005 View Post
1) Could anyone please state exact height of the centre speaker when mounted on the table mount? So height from bottom of mount to top of speaker. This is crucial to my proposed set up.
2) Does the table mount for the satellite speakers tilt up and down? I believe the centre speaker table mount does.
3) Recommendations for a suitable AV receiver (£500 budget) to run the following proposed set up TR-1D subwoofer, Strada 2 Centre speaker, Strada 2 x 2 Front satellites, Micro SE x 2 Rear satellites. I am UK based and the viewing/listening room is 3.4 x 3.4 metres.

Apologies if this information has already been posted but it is a pretty lengthy thread to read through! Many thanks and regards, Tim.

I can only confirm a yes on #2

post #3051 of 3054 Old 04-24-2015, 07:30 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:

1. The center speaker mount does tilt. Mine is tilted slightly upward and the height to the top of the speaker is just under 7 inches. If it were tilted up more it could be a bit higher.
2. I don't have these, but another poster answered.
3. I have a Denon X4000 AVR, which is very close to your price range, and I'm very happy with it. I have original Strada mains and center, 2 TR-1D subs, and another brand back surrounds. My room is 4.1m x 5.9m with a high ceiling, and the X4000 has plenty of configuration options and power for this setup and room size. Rooms can make a huge difference in sound quality, so having Audyssey XT32 is a major bonus.

Last edited by abalone; 04-24-2015 at 07:54 AM.
post #3052 of 3054 Old 04-24-2015, 10:52 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thanks guys for the replies.
Also considering (smaller budget) option of TR-1D sub, Strada2 centre and Gallo Nucleus micro front on rear satellites.
Perhaps either set up with the Sony STR-DN1050, thoughts please on whether that's a decent sounding match with either?
post #3053 of 3054 Old 04-24-2015, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Thanks guys for the replies.

Perhaps either set up with the Sony STR-DN1050, thoughts please on whether that's a decent sounding match with either?
I agree with the previous commenter that Audyssey XT32 makes a significant difference, at least in my situation. I have not listen to the Sony one but I suggest an AVR with a decent room mode correction tool such as Audyssey Multi XT/32 if you want a good sub integration.
post #3054 of 3054 Old 04-25-2015, 10:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi Barryecohen, I contacted Anthony Gallo about the stain. I'm glad they're quick to replace the CDT for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Anthony Gallo Acoustics , Anthony Gallo Acoustics Tr 3d , Anthony Gallo Acoustics Nucleus Reference 3 5 , Yamaha , Sony , Pioneer Elite , Pioneer Elite 49 Txi Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page