Official Anthony Gallo Owners Thread - Page 103 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 8Likes

post #3061 of 3067 Old 05-15-2015, 08:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleCBT View Post
I wonder, where does a person buy a pair of CL4's?
OOS at Gallo.
Try Underwood HiFi.com

Mitsubishi WD73-742, Oppo BDP-103, Gallo Classico CL-4/Classico CL-C Center/ CL-10 Sub/ Adiva-ti surrounds, Emotiva UMC-200/ XPA-5/ XPA-3, Toshiba HD-A3. Roku XS  "All rooms, speakers and ears are different, trust your own ears."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3062 of 3067 Old 05-15-2015, 01:06 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Actually, no you don't....

They are out of stock and say they don't know when they will have them. Word is that they have been discontinued.
post #3063 of 3067 Old 05-15-2015, 01:08 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Underwood is also sold out of CL4's and says that they are discontinued by Gallo.
post #3064 of 3067 Old 05-24-2015, 03:19 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi again all. As threatened, I am now back for some further advice please!
Can anyone tell me the settings/switches I should set the TR-1D sub too?
For clarification this is in a 3.3 x 3.3 metre room, in a 5.1 set up with Strad 2 fronts and centre and Nucleus rear surrounds. Paired with a Denon X4100W.
Many many thanks
post #3065 of 3067 Old 05-24-2015, 11:54 AM

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by lampshire2005 View Post
For clarification this is in a 3.3 x 3.3 metre room, in a 5.1 set up with Strad 2 fronts and centre and Nucleus rear surrounds. Paired with a Denon X4100W.
Many many thanks
On the sub I would recommend start with Bypass, Auto On, Level 50%, Bass Boost 0db, Phase 0. On the AVR set LFE+Main and use Audyssey to set levels. All other speakers should be set to "Small" on the AVR. You may end up tweaking the sub levels by ear, but I'd let Audyssey set levels to start, and also let it set the crossover freq on the AVR. Positioning the sub in the room can make a big difference, relative to walls and corners specifically, so some experimentation may be necessary to find the best location and sound. If Audyssey is cutting or boosting the sub level by a large amount you can adjust the Level setting on the sub, and re-run Audyssey, to get it closer to ideal. You can try flipping the phase to 180 and see if it sounds better. 0 works best for me, but there's no harm in trying it both ways and going with whichever you prefer.

Last edited by abalone; 05-24-2015 at 06:16 PM.
post #3066 of 3067 Old Yesterday, 12:02 PM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by abalone View Post
Quote:
Many many thanks
On the sub I would recommend start with Bypass, Auto On, Level 50%, Bass Boost 0db, Phase 0. On the AVR set LFE+Main and use Audyssey to set levels. All other speakers should be set to "Small" on the AVR. You may end up tweaking the sub levels by ear, but I'd let Audyssey set levels to start, and also let it set the crossover freq on the AVR. Positioning the sub in the room can make a big difference, relative to walls and corners specifically, so some experimentation may be necessary to find the best location and sound. If Audyssey is cutting or boosting the sub level by a large amount you can adjust the Level setting on the sub, and re-run Audyssey, to get it closer to ideal. You can try flipping the phase to 180 and see if it sounds better. 0 works best for me, but there's no harm in trying it both ways and going with whichever you prefer.
Many thanks for the guidance :-)
post #3067 of 3067 Old Today, 06:09 PM

Liked: 22
Quote:
Many thanks for the guidance :-)
Sure. Just let us know what you think once you get it all setup and dialed in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Anthony Gallo Acoustics , Anthony Gallo Acoustics Tr 3d , Anthony Gallo Acoustics Nucleus Reference 3 5 , Yamaha , Sony , Pioneer Elite , Pioneer Elite 49 Txi Receiver