Official Anthony Gallo Owners Thread - Page 104 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 9Likes
post #3091 of 3094 Unread Today, 07:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smyly View Post
Hello All,

Any experience with bipolar surrounds and Stradas mounted LCR? Rebuilding a home theater and unsure of a "complimentary" brand, but don't want direct radiating. Since this is concerning surrounds I may be over thinking things. Thanks in advance for any advice/opinions.
I'm using 5 Stradas in a 5.1 setup with all of the speakers at ear level and the surround speakers are close to the side walls (about 6 feet wide and 3 feet behind the listening position). These replaced a set of Boston Acoustics speakers including VRS Pro bipolar speakers. The bipolar speakers were great but I prefer the Stradas. The bipolar speakers were mounted about 3 feet above the listening position and directly left and right of the listening position.

If you already have bipolar surround speakers that are wall mounted, then just keep those and get 3 Stradas. You can try that out and see how you like it. Then consider temporarily disconnecting the center Strada and connect it as a surround speaker and compare the sound. I'm very happy with the wide dispersion of sound from the Stradas and I think that makes them a good choice even as surround speakers.

Good luck with your decision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3092 of 3094 Unread Today, 07:09 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
Hi all,

I have a 2.1 setup with 2 x A'Diva's (non-SE) and 1 x TR1D subwoofer (the amp is an Anthem MRX 300).

I'm thinking of buying one more A'Diva to make it a 3.1 setup.

Would it make sense to go from 2.1 to 3.1 (distance between my front speakers are ca. 2 meters)?

Thanks
If you only use your system for music it will not make a huge difference in my opinion. If you use your system for television viewing and watching movies then adding a center channel speaker will significanly improve dialog and should result in a big improvement in sound.
post #3093 of 3094 Unread Today, 07:43 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encom Tron View Post
If you only use your system for music it will not make a huge difference in my opinion. If you use your system for television viewing and watching movies then adding a center channel speaker will significanly improve dialog and should result in a big improvement in sound.

Thanks a lot for the input, I use it for 80% movie/tv watching, so I think I'll get another A'Diva then, and go 3.1

Sent from my iPhone

/Martin
post #3094 of 3094 Unread Today, 10:56 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
Thanks a lot for the input, I use it for 80% movie/tv watching, so I think I'll get another A'Diva then, and go 3.1

Sent from my iPhone
Another option is to get a centre Strada if you have the funds. It will make even bigger difference as your priority is a clear, realistic movie/TV dialogue.

Also, if you have an AVR you can try different listening modes before committing a purchase. For example my Onkyo 818 AVR has a listening mode called "DD TV Logic" which i use for TV watching.

Hope this helps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Anthony Gallo Acoustics , Anthony Gallo Acoustics Tr 3d , Anthony Gallo Acoustics Nucleus Reference 3 5 , Yamaha , Sony , Pioneer Elite , Pioneer Elite 49 Txi Receiver