Official Anthony Gallo Owners Thread - Page 114 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 28Likes
post #3391 of 3397 Unread 05-10-2017, 10:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Replacing woofer

How hard to replace the woofers for the reference 3 series speakers? do you need to solder any wires? do you need to seal the stainless steel enclosure of the woofer? if so, what kind of sealant do i need? lastly, if i replace my woofer of my ref 3/3.1 to the woofer that is used in ref 3.5 do you think it will make difference to the sound? will it make the bass better? thanks.

ps if anybody have pictures replacing the woofers that would be nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3392 of 3397 Unread 05-10-2017, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Gallo Tweeter Too Bright?

Hello,
I own Gallo Classico CL-3's and would like to know if there is a way to either reduce the gain of the tweeter, or roll-off the high-end frequencies.
I have a very revealing system plus a sensitivity to high frequencies, so music is sounding too bright. I've changed IC's and tubes, but no luck.

I'm using tip-toes as footers on the speakers to get some great detail in the bass, but I'm wondering if this is making the mids/highs sound too lean.

Any input is much appreciated.
post #3393 of 3397 Unread 05-10-2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider75 View Post
Hello,
I own Gallo Classico CL-3's and would like to know if there is a way to either reduce the gain of the tweeter, or roll-off the high-end frequencies.
I have a very revealing system plus a sensitivity to high frequencies, so music is sounding too bright. I've changed IC's and tubes, but no luck.

I'm using tip-toes as footers on the speakers to get some great detail in the bass, but I'm wondering if this is making the mids/highs sound too lean.

Any input is much appreciated.
I should add that I love the sonics of this speaker; imaging, timbre, realism. The issue is the highs sound bright and loud.

post #3394 of 3397 Unread 05-10-2017, 02:09 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider75 View Post
I should add that I love the sonics of this speaker; imaging, timbre, realism. The issue is the highs sound bright and loud.
The great dispersion of the tweeter causes the level of high frequency sound in the listening position to be very dependent on reflections in the room. Try and limit the first reflection from the sidewalls and maybe the reflection from the wall behind the listening position.

Otherwise digital room correction or simple equalization can solve this issue.
post #3395 of 3397 Unread 05-10-2017, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblez View Post
The great dispersion of the tweeter causes the level of high frequency sound in the listening position to be very dependent on reflections in the room. Try and limit the first reflection from the sidewalls and maybe the reflection from the wall behind the listening position.

Otherwise digital room correction or simple equalization can solve this issue.
Thanks for the reply. Some more info...
My room is 12' x 16' and I listen in a near-field setup. It's a living room, very well damped with drapes, a tapestry hanging on the wall behind me, large Oriental rug, and listening position is on a fabric sofa 8 ft. from the speakers. I have 2 vertical absorbion panels on the front wall to focus the imaging.
My component rack is on the side wall, flat screen on a stand between the speakers (covered when listening).

The tip-toes raise the speakers about 1.5". Anthony G's recommendation is to place the towers on his pads, but they're too unstable.

Do you think getting the speakers lower to the floor would help add warmth to the sound? Or is my issue all about reflections from the tweeter?
post #3396 of 3397 Unread 05-12-2017, 07:09 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, guys, new member here. Have had Gallos in the past but just got a new set of L/C/R Reference AV speakers for dad's theater. I have spent days looking and cannot find a single option. Have any of you come across a set of floor stands to mount the left / right on? The included ones are meant to be table top, I need something to elevate them enough so the center tweeter is ~36" off the ground. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance for the help.

Dad's basement theater with Sonance Beryllium 7.2 is no longer accessible to him and he wants to upgrade the family room "mini theater" before he starts chemo again. So the Nucleus Micros have to go, along with the NHT center. Will be all Reference AV then the new top of the line Sony 4K 65" to replace the small older TV that's there. Keeping the VMPS sub because 1. it's awesome and 2. it's too damn heavy to move.
post #3397 of 3397 Unread Today, 06:57 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I was also wondering about the use of Gallos for surround system.

I was thinking:
3 x Strada 2 -> LCR
2 x A`diva Se -> Side Surrond
2 x A`diva Se -> Back Surrond (optional)
2 x TR-3D

Quite the expensive equipment.. but would it give me enough for immersive HT experience?

Driven by an Marantz 8077.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Anthony Gallo Acoustics , Anthony Gallo Acoustics Tr 3d , Anthony Gallo Acoustics Nucleus Reference 3 5 , Yamaha , Sony , Pioneer Elite , Pioneer Elite 49 Txi Receiver