post #61 of 2969 Old 03-19-2007, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara View Post

Vishal,

Is the center below the screen angled up, or in back of the screen. I would think if you had an acoustically transparent screen and image height was a problem you could go with one Ref AV instead of the center. I imagine the center disperses well in small rooms and the height isn't a issue, but far away with a projector I could see how it would become one. The AV would sound larger height wise as it is oriented vertically, but would sound smaller in scale left to right, but I imagine it wouldn't be a problem as you were happy with the center fill using a phantom center. Just a thought.

Jared

Jared -

The center is below the screen since it is not acoustically transparent. A regular Ref AV might work better, but the vertical orientation would not work for my room. If it did, bushbison and I would split another pair of Ref 3.1s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 2969 Old 03-19-2007, 06:56 PM

Og,

I have a Denon AVR 4306 for my amplification.
post #63 of 2969 Old 03-20-2007, 02:31 AM

Mine sound just find with my Pioneer Elite 71 reciever, although I do find myself turning it up a bit more than I did with my last set of speakers (Axioms all around).
It still gets much louder than I can bear to listen, and I haven't heard any distortion, but I have been toying with the idea of external amplification, at least for the fronts for music.
post #64 of 2969 Old 03-20-2007, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassy View Post

anyone have a DUE in black and/or a pair of black Micro Ti's or A'diva ti's for sale? let me know.

If you're looking to complete a system, the A'diva Tis should still be available. I just ordered a black pair on Saturday to try out. If you're far from a dealer, the website allows you to order directly from them.

However, it looks like the Dues are no longer in production... I wonder if there's new speakers coming out.
post #65 of 2969 Old 03-20-2007, 08:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Last I read they were supposed to be coming out with a new model to replace the Dues Q4 2007 or Q1 2008.

From JonnyGallo on AV Talk about the replacement:
Quote:

All I would say is that with the improvement in performance seen in the Ti Micros and A'Divas the "replacement" will move things on another notch.

Jared
post #66 of 2969 Old 03-20-2007, 10:01 AM

Patdeisa I may have a Due' or two, brand new, in boxes, never opened, black, for sale in a couple of days, check back with me ... it is all above board if you follow my previous posts, and neurotic quest for sound!!!

Hey Vishal, that may not be a terribly bad idea ...... oh yeah, you can't have a full 3.1 for a center due to the screen, yes?? Hey come on; move the screen up!!! "Yeah, that's the ticket"! If you are able and could do a quick experiment for a fellow audio neurotic, could you try your new center at the same height as the tweeters in your 3.1's? I have the room to do that, and am wondering if the image height is still "off", when placed as such.

Oh yeah, and everyone, I have recieved a bunch of emails asking me to give my comments on my new 3.1's .. and I really can't say too much right now as they are a tad difficult to set-up presently as I have two of the same speakers, NOT mirrored pairs as required, so a review would be unfair ...... but let's just say right now, I am NOT unhappy

Oh yeah, I have a friend who is also selling a new Onkyo "super receiver", that normally costs about $4-5000 up here in Canada, for about $2,200 CANADIAN!!! Crazy deal if anyone is looking! Just my 2 cents..... man, I sound like a cheesy huckster, selling, barginning .....
post #67 of 2969 Old 03-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Advanced Member

I'm constantly amazed at how good these speakers sound. I have three adiva ti's in the front (my ref center is on order) I'm running these on an HK/AVR 135 with only 50 watts (stereo) of power. I've tried Denon And Arcam, and to me the warmth and detail of the HK sounds best. Just my opinion of course..

Scan not a friend with a microscopic glass. you know his faults, let his foibles pass.
post #68 of 2969 Old 03-20-2007, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushbison View Post

Patdeisa I may have a Due' or two, brand new, in boxes, never opened, black, for sale in a couple of days, check back with me ... it is all above board if you follow my previous posts, and neurotic quest for sound!!!

Thanks, but it was Wassy looking for the Dues. I just ordered the A'divas, as I love my Micros and wanted to see how much better they are. Gallo offers 30 day trials by mail.

I hope you get your matching 3.1 soon...
post #69 of 2969 Old 03-21-2007, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member

I need to get out an listen to the Gallos. I was having a problem getting my head around them, because they are so revolutionary in form. But I rarely hear anything negative about their sound. Where in CA are you, patdeisa..have a dealer to recommend?
post #70 of 2969 Old 03-21-2007, 03:34 PM
rlw

This is *great*, I've been hoping for a Gallo Owners thread for quite a while. My system is comprised of the following:

2 Gallo Ref 3.1 for Front L/R
2 Gallo Dues for Rear L/R
1 Gallo Due for Center
Earthquake SuperNova MKIV-10B Subwoofer
Harman-Kardon Signature 2.0 Preprocessor
Harman-Kardon Signature 2.1 Power Amp
Denon DVD-3910 DVD/CD player
Bang & Olufsen BG9000 Turntable
Bang & Olufsen MMC1 and MMC2 cartridges
Gram Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono Preamp
Creek OBH-11 Headphone amp
Sennheiser HD580 headphones
Alpha-Core Goertz MI-2 Speaker cable
Music Boy/Petra RCA audio cables Interconnect
Hitachi 51F710 51" RPTV
Motorola FIOS TV DVR 160GB
Marantz RC2000 Mk II Programmable Remote COntrol

I have to say that this system sounds (and looks) TERRIFIC! I use it for music and HT and I really dig it. My wife likes it, too. I've gone out of my way to make it very easy to use the system. The Marantz remote control allows me to have pre-programmed macros that perform numerous functions by pushing one button. I have it set up so my wife can simply push 1 button on the remote to turn everything on and then push another single button to turn everything off. She's happy, and I'm happy.

The Dues mate very well with the Ref 3s, I wouldn't say it's a *perfect* match, but it's plenty good enough for me. Multi-channel music sounds incredible, I've been downloading a TON of DTS-encoded CDs recently and they really blow me away. I finally have a system and source material that I've been dreaming about for decades.

If you'd like to get in on the (multi-channel) fun, cruise on over to this link and then join the group: http://groups.google.com/group/SurroundSound?hl=en

-RW-
post #71 of 2969 Old 03-21-2007, 04:09 PM

Thanks for the link RW. I joined the group since I also enjoy surround music, although it's a very different experience for me compared to listening to a standard redbook cd. I wouldn't say I prefer one over the other, they are just different.
post #72 of 2969 Old 03-21-2007, 04:09 PM

Mr. RLW Welcome to the fold! Sounds like a killer system .... should be very contemp. looking! Any pix? Good to hear you set it up so well; yeah the macros thing does work well, even with my modest "Universal Customizer" remote ... it keeps the "how the hell do you turn this friggen thing on" arguments to a minimum!! And quite frankly it also stops others from messing around with the settings!!!

Since you are so into surround PLEASE tell me you have some DVD-Audio and SACD multi-channel disks at your disposal .... I.M.H.O., MUCH better than even DTS; if you want a list of a few GREAT disks, as well as your musical pref. let me know!

I DO have an open question to all with Ref 3's and 3.1's; after the LONG break-in period, what should one expect to be different? What changes did people note? Did anyone actually take measurements to "see" the change? Just curious! STILL waiting on my other speaker ...... *sigh* ..... so for those who are waiting for a review, a) don't give me too much credit, as I may disappoint I'm just another guy who is picky as hell with these things..... and b) I may have another speaker or two to break-in once I receive it / them!
Also, b/c I am waiting on this, I won't be able to make a decision on my extra Dues, but thanks for all who voiced interest in them; I will be contacting everyone when that decision is made (probably by the end of the week).
*whew*!
post #73 of 2969 Old 03-22-2007, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoaddikt View Post

I need to get out an listen to the Gallos. I was having a problem getting my head around them, because they are so revolutionary in form. But I rarely hear anything negative about their sound. Where in CA are you, patdeisa..have a dealer to recommend?

I'm about 4.5 hours from you (north of Mojave, east of Lake Isabella). You can do a dealer search on www.roundsound.com . If you're far enough away, you can use the Gallo on-line store.

Stores I've been to are Audio Ecstasy in San Luis Obispo and Future Sound in Burlingame, both carry the Gallo lines, but make sure to call ahead. My last order was on-line.

PS. Yes, I know where Clovis is- my cousin just got married to a firefighter who lives there.
post #74 of 2969 Old 03-22-2007, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patdeisa View Post

I'm about 4.5 hours from you (north of Mojave, east of Lake Isabella). You can do a dealer search on www.roundsound.com . If you're far enough away, you can use the Gallo on-line store.

Stores I've been to are Audio Ecstasy in San Luis Obispo and Future Sound in Burlingame, both carry the Gallo lines, but make sure to call ahead. My last order was on-line.

PS. Yes, I know where Clovis is- my cousin just got married to a firefighter who lives there.

Probably would do best at Future Sound... thanks for the info!
post #75 of 2969 Old 03-23-2007, 01:56 PM

I just took delivery of two A'diva Tis this afternoon. I'm currently putting them in place of my Micro mains for auditioning stereo and 5.1 (I have Micros for all around). I'll write comments as I go through my 30 day trial period.

My first observation that I noticed is that the high punchy bass is definitely more present (it took me 5 minutes to swap out speakers, so a little audio memory is lost, but probably not too much). At low levels, i.e. background music levels (-40dB from reference), a sub isn't really needed unless you really want the bass to be present.

I'll keep auditioning them with and without my sub to see how they go. More comments to come...
post #76 of 2969 Old 03-25-2007, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissou View Post

Selling my Gallo sub amp if anyone's looking.

Why are you dumping the subamp? Running a standalone sub?
post #77 of 2969 Old 03-26-2007, 07:43 PM

Hi all... someone in a different thread suggested the Gallo Reference 3.1, but I only have a Harmon Kardon AVR 225. Will this be enough power to drive the 3.1 (I will not be playing at loud levels at all).
post #78 of 2969 Old 03-27-2007, 02:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcemanDallas View Post

Why are you dumping the subamp? Running a standalone sub?

Sold the Gallos.
post #79 of 2969 Old 03-27-2007, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroeric View Post

Hi all... someone in a different thread suggested the Gallo Reference 3.1, but I only have a Harmon Kardon AVR 225. Will this be enough power to drive the 3.1 (I will not be playing at loud levels at all).

Depending on the room size, you should be fine. HK is usually pretty conservative in rating its receivers. If you get the Gallo's, I'll bet you decide to buy more power, you'll want to crank them.
post #80 of 2969 Old 03-28-2007, 03:35 PM

Do yo know, how much space the Ref3.1´s need? In my room both speakers would have 3 feet to the side and the back wall. Is that enough or does they need a lot more?
post #81 of 2969 Old 03-28-2007, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by og playa View Post

Do yo know, how much space the Ref3.1´s need? In my room both speakers would have 3 feet to the side and the back wall. Is that enough or does they need a lot more?

I would say that's plenty of space for them. I have about 2.5 feet from the back and 4 feet from the sides for mine.
post #82 of 2969 Old 03-28-2007, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by og playa View Post

Three feet either way gives you a lot of room to find the right placement position. So much depends on the room and you have the option of firing the woofer in or out.
post #83 of 2969 Old 03-29-2007, 08:49 PM

My setup is on the simple side & I'm very happy with it.
Left & Right = Due'
Center & Rears = A'Diva Ti
Sub = Gallo TR2