The *OFFICIAL* Vienna Acoustics Owners Thread - Page 106 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-19-2015, 09:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollandwg View Post
Thank you! I contacted VANA and they advised that there is an upgrade route I can take, since I have to do replacement anyway. The upgrade is $750 a pair and includes updated matched tweeters and (self installed) crossover mods. The pics below show how the tweeter is mounted in the early generation Mahlers. Removal involves removing the mid-bass driver and then removing the tweeter and motor from the rear, leaving the faceplate attached. The crossover pic shows where the additional or replacement crossover pieces are installed.
Glad to help and hope you get back to enjoying your speakers. I will say however, I'm disappointed at the cost of the upgrade - $750 seems a bit high to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2015, 12:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
What Next ?

Apparently Vienna Acoustics has no distributor for North and South America.Their website says distributor TBA.

Arcam Fmj A38,Arcam Fmj CD17, Arcam rDac kw,Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand Se,Rel R-328,Cardas Golden Presence and Crosslink ic's,Kimber 4tc,VH Audio power cords,Shunyata Venom PS8 & Defender & HC power cord, Furutech wall outlets.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmalan View Post
Apparently Vienna Acoustics has no distributor for North and South America.Their website says distributor TBA.
Does that mean VANA isn't the distributed anymore?
Old 08-23-2015, 05:54 AM

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by artur9 View Post
Does that mean VANA isn't the distributed anymore?
Yes, Vienna Dropped VANA actually.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:29 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
VANA Was Still the US Distributor Last Week

Hey folks,
I am by no means an authority but I can tell you I dealt with VANA on a Vienna Acoustics service issue just last week. I dealt with a guy named John Song in tec support who was helpful and immediately reached out to Vienna, in Vienna. I literally had an answer in a few hours and placed my order through them for a tweeter and crossover upgrade. Fed Ex has the delivery tracking for day after tomorrow delivery. So, about a week total between initial contact and delivery of OEM parts for 15 year old speakers! Some thought the $750 price tag was high but I'm just glad OEM parts still exist, and to be able to buy a matched pair upgrade was even better. I'll let you all know how it goes.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:01 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contuzzi View Post
Yes, Vienna Dropped VANA actually.
Any details - is there an official statement? Thanks to anyone for additional information.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:38 PM

Verified VANA No Longer US Distributor

Hello all,
I just spoke with my rep at VANA and can verify that others on this forum are correct, they are no longer associated with Vienna Acoustics even though they were last week. They do not know of any US or North American replacement, so I guess we have to go to the manufacturer directly until a replacement is nominated. For technical issues, VANA provided me the name of a person directly at Vienna Acoustics: Mr. Piotre Cholewa.I have his email if anyone wants it but I am too new to post it here and got blocked. We'll see how this works out, not the best idea to fire your only distributor for North America before a new one takes over. Figures I would need support for the first time in 15 years of ownership at the same time as this occurrs!
Saril likes this.
Old 08-24-2015, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollandwg View Post
Hello all,
I just spoke with my rep at VANA and can verify that others on this forum are correct, they are no longer associated with Vienna Acoustics even though they were last week.
If you find out anything more please share.

Crazy to have no distributor in North America.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:20 AM

Vienna Acoustics Contact Info

So, I have sent a message to Vienna Acoustics general email and one to one of their tec people and I'm awaiting return contact. However, I did also call Vienna Acoustics in Austria this morning and got an English speaking person who said he would call the tec's attention to my message right away. We shall see how that works out but at least it's something to know you can call the manufacturer directly from the US and get someone. Vienna Acoustics can be reached at: 011 43 18896815; remember the +6 hr time difference from US EST.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:52 PM

Vienna Acoustics Service

I'm happy to say that tech service from Vienna Acoustics was very responsive and I was able to make the repairs to my speakers without much of any real difficulty. Mr. Piotr Cholewa is the man you want to talk with (via email) if you need any technical assistance and don't have a Distributor, like all of us in North America. I would expect Piotr is a pretty busy guy right now but he returned my email every day for three days, as I asked questions about my older crossovers configuration.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
A couple of years ago I vaguely recall there was a tweeter upgrade for the Vienna Acoustic Mahlers that I should get. At the time I had a cash flow issue to deal with and upgrading tweeters was put by the way side. Now I am interested in getting the Mahler speaker kit upgrade assuming it is still possible. How should I try to pursue this ? Thanks
Old 09-02-2015, 07:25 PM

Mahler Tweeter Upgrade

Well, the tweeter upgrade I performed was due to the over-driving of one of my tweeters, so I did not have any choice. I contacted the US Distributor, VANA LTD, and just ordered the upgrade for a self install. The package was $750 and included two tweeters and four resistors that need to be soldered onto the crossover board. Excellent package for a repair of 15 year old speakers with matched drivers but, knowing what I know now, I wouldn't do it if my tweeters were already working properly. The install involves laying the speakers down and removing multiple drivers, as well as the crossover board and then some light soldering. Completely doable but a pain in the butt and very little appreciable difference in sound quality. Additionally, VANA is no longer the Distributor and I don't know of another one being appointed yet, so you would have to get the kit directly from the manufacturer in Austria. Piotr Cholewa at Vienna Acoustics in Austria was very helpful when I contacted him for support after VANA ceased support. pc@vienna-acoustics.com is his contact info. If you decide to do it, I can give you some pointers.