The *OFFICIAL* Vienna Acoustics Owners Thread - Page 107 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 38Likes

post #3181 of 3200 Old 01-30-2016, 05:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Vienna Acoustic Mahler speakers

Selling my Vienna Acoustics Mahler speakers and my REL stadium III sub. Everything is in great condition. Can't seem to find any great reference for price... Does anyone have any suggestions for what to ask? I am thinking $4k for speakers and $500 for sub... Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3182 of 3200 Old 02-11-2016, 10:42 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
duplicate pls delete

Last edited by jamie ford; 02-11-2016 at 10:46 AM.
post #3183 of 3200 Old 02-11-2016, 10:42 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
wrong forum. pls delete

Last edited by jamie ford; 02-11-2016 at 10:46 AM.
post #3184 of 3200 Old 02-14-2016, 05:56 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by artur9 View Post
Bluebird Music has just announced that it has been appointed as the exclusive distributor for Vienna Acoustics in North America. A true European product, Vienna Acoustics’ loudspeakers have been hand-built in Vienna, Austria since 1989 and are best known for their authentic, natural, musical sound; outstanding fit and finish, and exceptional value.

http://canadahifi.com/bluebird-music...nna-acoustics/
I bought a 3 day VIP pass for Axpona (April 15-17) based on the following from Vanaltd: "High quality loudspeakers. Hear demo's of the new Beethoven Concert Grand as well as other models at 11AM and 2PM Friday, 1 and 4PM Sat, Sunday noon."

Their website does not show VA speakers at all. Confusing!
post #3185 of 3200 Old 02-14-2016, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 448 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saril View Post
I bought a 3 day VIP pass for Axpona (April 15-17) based on the following from Vanaltd: "High quality loudspeakers. Hear demo's of the new Beethoven Concert Grand as well as other models at 11AM and 2PM Friday, 1 and 4PM Sat, Sunday noon."

Their website does not show VA speakers at all. Confusing!
Well, VanaLTD is no longer affiliated with VA. I would contact Bluebird and see what they have to say about AXPONA.
post #3186 of 3200 Old 02-17-2016, 10:27 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Replacement woofer for Haydn

I have a Haydn Grand with a blown woofer that needs to be replaced. Any suggestions on where to go? I'll settle for aftermarket if necessary.
post #3187 of 3200 Old 02-17-2016, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenholster View Post
I have a Haydn Grand with a blown woofer that needs to be replaced. Any suggestions on where to go? I'll settle for aftermarket if necessary.
I see VA parts on eBay all the time. Alternatively, someone here once contacted VA directly and that worked out for him.
post #3188 of 3200 Old 02-17-2016, 11:21 AM

Thanks. I did find something on eBay but is for complete two speaker rebuild. May have to go that route but trying to avoid buying gear I don't need.
post #3189 of 3200 Old 02-19-2016, 04:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Has anyone here ever directly compared the Mozart to the Baby Grand?

If so, can you try to convey the sonic differences?
post #3190 of 3200 Old 02-23-2016, 04:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenholster View Post
I needed a resistor for the crossover board on one of my Beethovens last year. After having zero luck trying to source them I contacted Vienna directly and they not only verified which one I needed but shipped me replacements free of charge. Phenomenal customer service.
post #3191 of 3200 Old 02-23-2016, 08:52 PM

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Hi all, I got a good deal on a Velodyne DLS 3750R. I'm thinking of pairing my Mozarts with them in my bedroom setup for added bass extension.

Would this be a good match sonically and blend well? Or am I better off running the Mozarts full range (they do have nice extension until about 40 Hz then rolls off after that in my room - the Velodyne would help it hit the 25-28 Hz range)
post #3192 of 3200 Old 02-24-2016, 04:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldark View Post
Hi all, I got a good deal on a Velodyne DLS 3750R. I'm thinking of pairing my Mozarts with them in my bedroom setup for added bass extension.

Would this be a good match sonically and blend well? Or am I better off running the Mozarts full range (they do have nice extension until about 40 Hz then rolls off after that in my room - the Velodyne would help it hit the 25-28 Hz range)
If you have something like RoomEQ Wizard and a mic you should be able to blend them pretty well. Just keep an eye on the distortion as the Mozarts' limits are reached.
post #3193 of 3200 Old 02-24-2016, 07:01 AM

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by artur9 View Post
If you have something like RoomEQ Wizard and a mic you should be able to blend them pretty well. Just keep an eye on the distortion as the Mozarts' limits are reached.
I noticed by looking at your setup that you're running an Outlaw M8 with your VA's - which should perform comparably to my Velodyne in a small room.

How do you do your bass management with the Outlaw, and does it sound good?
post #3194 of 3200 Old 02-24-2016, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I noticed by looking at your setup that you're running an Outlaw M8 with your VA's - which should perform comparably to my Velodyne in a small room.

How do you do your bass management with the Outlaw, and does it sound good?
Umm...long answer coming....

The M8 is an interesting sub. Its built-in crossover isn't very brickwall-ish so it ends up playing notes well above what it is set to as measured by REW. On the other hand it has vanishingly small distortion in its frequency range also as measured by REW. So, on the one hand, it interferes noticeably with the VA sound but on the other it adds a good clean punch.

Because of the crossover issue I use the crossover in my AVR as much as possible. My Haydns being small I set that value to 100Hz because the Haydn bass starts to get wooly a little below that.

The M8s by themselves was difficult to blend in well because of its crossover and room issues. Getting the time alignment right was a chore because one of the better places for the M8 is pretty far from the mains and I could hear it with string instruments. These things got easier when I got REW.

The room issues I deal with by having 4 subs.
post #3195 of 3200 Old 03-23-2016, 11:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Would this be a good match sonically and blend well? Or am I better off running the Mozarts full range
I have the Mozart Se's paired with one Rel R328 in a small room.I run them full range and set the Rel to cover below 40hz.I feel that they sound better that way, as they were intended to be.I can barely tell that the Rel is playing but if I turn it off it is easily noticed.The Rel allows me to feel the bass and enhance what the Mozarts already do so well.

Arcam Fmj A38,Arcam Fmj CD17, Arcam rDac kw,Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand Se,Rel R-328,Cardas Golden Presence and Crosslink ic's,Kimber 4tc,VH Audio power cords,Shunyata Venom PS8 & Defender & HC power cord, Furutech wall outlets.
post #3196 of 3200 Old 04-04-2016, 01:14 PM

Liked: 13
I was wondering what ceiling speakers folks are using for Dolby Atmos with their VA's. I have Baby Grand fronts and Haydn surrounds with a Maestro center and was wondering what speakers would be a good timbre match for my 5.1.4 system. Currently I have four "Builder" 8" speakers in my living room ceiling which fill the void but was looking for speakers that could better match my mains. Any Suggestions?
post #3197 of 3200 Old 04-04-2016, 06:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDun View Post
I was wondering what ceiling speakers folks are using for Dolby Atmos with their VA's. I have Baby Grand fronts and Haydn surrounds with a Maestro center and was wondering what speakers would be a good timbre match for my 5.1.4 system. Currently I have four "Builder" 8" speakers in my living room ceiling which fill the void but was looking for speakers that could better match my mains. Any Suggestions?
I'd imagine the wall mountable Waltz might be a good choice. Don't know how well the mount would adapt to the ceiling versus the wall, but otherwise should be a perfect match.
post #3198 of 3200 Old 04-05-2016, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightvet View Post
I'd imagine the wall mountable Waltz might be a good choice. Don't know how well the mount would adapt to the ceiling versus the wall, but otherwise should be a perfect match.
Thank you for the response, but I was looking to replace the speakers I have now (8" ceiling) with something with a dome tweeter perhaps? Although I have considered the Waltz for adding surrounds to make a 7.1.4 system but can't justify the price at this time.
post #3199 of 3200 Old 04-21-2016, 09:14 AM

New VA Dealer

Sara Electronics - Houston just contacted me, they just received a dealership for VA US from BlueBird Canada. Open house next week....
post #3200 of 3200 Old 06-27-2016, 06:31 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, purchased my Vienna Acoustic Mozart's back in 2003 - love them. Bought a new receiver - Marantz sr7008 - love it. Burning it in and listening to some tunes along the way - love it more... Unfortunately, Dire Straits Money For Nothing opening (and I) pushed one of the drivers a bit too far. Yep, you've been there.

Looking to repair/replace. Still getting sound fine - just that fizzle...

Suggestions/Advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page