The *OFFICIAL* Vienna Acoustics Owners Thread - Page 108 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 51Likes

post #3211 of 3230 Old 12-30-2016, 08:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking at purchasing a pair of older Beethovens from a local person.. They look to be before the Grand Series and was just kind of wondering what a good price on them and how they compare to the Grand Series.. They seem to be a great price, but I can't seem to find much information on the Beethoven before the Grand Designation came out. So just looking for some information.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3212 of 3230 Old 01-02-2017, 03:18 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolsax View Post
I am looking at purchasing a pair of older Beethovens from a local person.. They look to be before the Grand Series and was just kind of wondering what a good price on them and how they compare to the Grand Series.. They seem to be a great price, but I can't seem to find much information on the Beethoven before the Grand Designation came out. So just looking for some information.
Kind of tough when we don't know the condition, how old they are, or what the guy is asking for them.

TV: Sony XBR55HX929
Receiver: Integra DTR-70.4
Speakers: Two Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Baby Grand towers, a Maestro center, and two Solus SR-C6 in-ceiling rears
Sub: temporary placeholder
post #3213 of 3230 Old 01-02-2017, 07:00 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBucketOfTruth View Post
Kind of tough when we don't know the condition, how old they are, or what the guy is asking for them.
Says he bought them brand new in 1999. There doesn't seem to be any issues with them that i can tell.. no cracks or deterioration of the drivers per the seller. asking 700 but they've been listed for awhile so he may take 6-650... I'd be replacing a pair of Sierra-1s non NRT.

post #3214 of 3230 Old 01-02-2017, 07:41 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Quote:
Says he bought them brand new in 1999. There doesn't seem to be any issues with them that i can tell.. no cracks or deterioration of the drivers per the seller. asking 700 but they've been listed for awhile so he may take 6-650... I'd be replacing a pair of Sierra-1s non NRT.
5 or 600 seems okay. My friend and roommate bought an old pre-Grand 5 channel Vienna System for like $900 a couple years back. Two Bach towers, a center channel (can't remember), and two Waltz rear speakers if that's any reference. I think those were at least a decade old at the time as well (with the old V logo at the bottom not the newer script logo). I'm not familiar with your current speakers, but these things sing nicely when you power them right.

TV: Sony XBR55HX929
Receiver: Integra DTR-70.4
Speakers: Two Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Baby Grand towers, a Maestro center, and two Solus SR-C6 in-ceiling rears
Sub: temporary placeholder
post #3215 of 3230 Old 01-25-2017, 07:07 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I am thinking about buying Dolby atmos add-on modules to my Schonberg speakers. I don't think I can place them on top of the speakers. Do you have any suggestions about models and placement?
post #3216 of 3230 Old 02-09-2017, 05:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:

I sold my pair of pre-grand series Beethovens last year for $1600. So I would say $700 is an absolute STEAL if they are in nice shape
post #3217 of 3230 Old 02-17-2017, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Where are they??? I owned a pair of beethovens mk3 vII, the 2nd beethoven had a taller cabinet that you can tell by the woofer being up several inches off the floor. I sold mine because sometimes I need to blow the roof off and that was the only real complaint I had, they are truly audiophile quality sound that we look so hard for. If they had the ability to go loud (+100db) I would have kept them.
post #3218 of 3230 Old 03-12-2017, 05:09 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Has anyone tried the Peachthree Nova 150/300 with the VA Beethoven Baby Grands?

Hello everyone,

My first post here so please bare with me if I ask a few questions that might seam obvious to those with more experience.

After 30 odd years of not having a decent sound system I have just recently started building one up, unfortunately it needs to double as a home entertainment system as well which so far means compromises. I have a recently purchased a set of Beethoven baby grand SE's, after a number of comparisons with various speakers and amps I settled on Mozart's as the VA's for my ears knocked the socks off of any other speaker we listened to in that price range, the sound reproduction is just so lovely. So after deciding I went back in to buy Mozarts and walked out with the baby Beethoven's and the Meastro Grand centre, at present they are powered by a Yamaha 3060 AV, while not ideal for music it is one of those compromises that I will have the live with for a little while.

That has not stopped my looking for a dedicated 2 way amp for music that I can also double as a power amp for the home entertainment centre as the Yamaha seams to struggles a bit with 4ohm speakers. I have sampled and back to backed the new Peachtree Nova 150 when going through the process of deciding on the VA's and it (again for my ears) knocked the socks off of a number of other Amps for quality of sound with the VA's including the Yamaha AS3000 and off course the 3060.

My question is has anyone tried the new Peachtree Nova, either the 150 or 300 with the VA's and if so how does this measure up for quality of sound to other dedicated amps in that price range, especially ones with the home theatre by pass feature? I fully understand how good a speaker amp combination works together is in the ears of each listener but I would like to hear others experiences and thoughts please.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, hopefully it all makes sense and someone can point me in the right direction.

cheers .... Terry
post #3219 of 3230 Old 03-12-2017, 09:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 671 Post(s)
Liked: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry.O View Post
...I went back in to buy Mozarts and walked out with the baby Beethoven's and the Meastro Grand centre, at present they are powered by a Yamaha 3060 AV, ...

That has not stopped my looking for a dedicated 2 way amp for music ...
I had planned to upgrade my Haydns to BBSE but my wife says too big ;-(.

Are you looking for an integrated amp or a dedicated power amp? It looks like your Yamaha has pre-outs so I think a power amp is all you need.

I have powered my Haydns with Parasound, Belles, Krell and Odyssey Audios.

The Krells can power anything but take a little musicality off my Haydns in exchange for amazing transient detail.

The Parasound sounds good but a little cool. I don't think they give the VAs the lower frequency energy they need/want.

The Belles sound like nothing else, very liquid in a way. I liked the sound but had other issues with it.

Currently using a pair of Odyssey Stratos mono blocks that I got for a bargain via eBay. I am really enjoying my Haydns with the Odyssey Audio amps. They sound "fast", detailed, musical and no matter how softly I play I can still hear so much detail with them powering the Haydns. The soundstage has never been better.

In your situation, needing a power amp only, I'd look at a Parasound A31 because Parasound is a top-notch company with very good products and excellent service. Or I'd go for an Odyssey Audio HT3 amp because they sound fantastic and are a bargain and the proprietor believes in the personal touch.

Both would power your LCR easily and you could leave the Yamaha to power the rest of your system and control all of it.

If your looking for an integrated amp then the only thing that comes to mind is the Parasound HINT.

If you go back through this thread you'll see lots of amps being used. As long as the amp is rated into 4Ohms you should be good.
Terry.O likes this.
post #3220 of 3230 Old 03-13-2017, 12:23 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

My question is has anyone tried the new Peachtree Nova, either the 150 or 300 with the VA's and if so how does this measure up for quality of sound to other dedicated amps in that price range, especially ones with the home theatre by pass feature? I fully understand how good a speaker amp combination works together is in the ears of each listener but I would like to hear others experiences and thoughts please.
I have not tried the Peachtree Nova but have heard your speakers with Ayre V5xe and Primare amps. Both were really good matches. They also go well with Pass Labs.
Terry.O likes this.
post #3221 of 3230 Old 03-14-2017, 02:28 AM

Thanks for the feedback so far guys, the Nova 300 finally goes on sale here in about three weeks time. I have spoken with a hifi shop in Sydney that stocks VA's, Parasound and Peachtree and once the Nova 300 arrives I'll go down to Sydney, which is a couple of hundred kilometres away, and do some back to back comparo's.

The Nova 150 over here has a RRP of $2,600, the 300 when it gets here will be $3,600 and the Halo is $4,600.

At this stage I am still leaning towards the 300 Peachtree given how good the 150 sounded to me when when I heard it recently and also another important factor being the cost.
Having said that if the Halo sounds even better then I'll have to reconsider.

cheers .... Terry
post #3222 of 3230 Old 03-14-2017, 10:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I wonder what the equivalent of Parasound is in Australia because those prices are insane.

I know John Darko is a fan of Red Gum Audio. Maybe their price/performance works?
Terry.O likes this.
post #3223 of 3230 Old 03-20-2017, 07:33 AM

Well I went and compared the Peachtree Nova 150 with the P5 pre and Halo A23 power amp driving a set of Mozarts. So Artur now I know why you recommended Parasound.

cheers Terry
RoDa likes this.

Last edited by Terry.O; 03-21-2017 at 04:00 AM.
post #3224 of 3230 Old 03-29-2017, 11:46 AM

I know this is a very one side conversation at present here in the VA section but here goes.

I have compared at home a Plinius Haetonga amp along with a Music Fidelity M6i to see how they sounded with the Beethovens. Even though the MF amp is a older model it won hands down compared to the Plinius, much nicer sound quality while the Haetonga was pretty good it had a habit of sounding hollow and occasionally harsh in comparison.

Both were far better than my Yamaha RXA 3060 AV Reciever that I was using up until now.

So I have decided to keep the M6i for now anyway and take the Plinius back to the shop.

cheers Terry

Last edited by Terry.O; 03-29-2017 at 11:58 AM.
post #3225 of 3230 Old 03-29-2017, 07:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I have compared at home a Plinius Haetonga amp along with a Music Fidelity M6i to see how they sounded with the Beethovens.

So I have decided to keep the M6i for now anyway and take the Plinius back to the shop.

cheers Terry
Loving it! What happened to the Peachtree? Although that reminds me of Dredd ;-)
post #3226 of 3230 Old 07-03-2017, 07:30 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I listened to the nova 150 with a pair of 1028be speakers and was impressed so impressed that I took the 300 home to audition but, the 300 ****e itself within 5 minutes so now listen with an A21 driven by an ancient kav300il pre outs! Pretty musical but not quite the clarity of the hegel H360 which I would pick over anything i've heard yet. My salon1 have the the range and size to put the concert right in the room but, there's something to be said for the magic vienna's make with small ensemble jazz.
gprace and Terry.O like this.

Revel ultima salon loudspeakers
Rega jupiter cd
kav300il pre amp
Parasound A21 halo amp
revox s26 tuner
post #3227 of 3230 Old 07-03-2017, 07:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked: 7054
Fan of small ensemble jazz groups and love my Viennas.
steven59 and Terry.O like this.

LG Oled65E6P, Arcam AVR400, OPPO UDP-203, ATV3, Samsung DVR, Rega P3 turntable, Bellari VP130 Phono Pre Amp, Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand SE Fronts, Vienna Acoustic Maestro Center, Vienna Acoustic Bach Rears, Rel T7i Sub
post #3228 of 3230 Old 09-23-2017, 04:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey folks,

I was curious if anyone had tried the Waltz Grand speakers as ceiling mounted speakers.
We currently have in-ceiling speakers that came with the house, and am pondering whether to replace with the Strauss series InWaltz speakers, or whether to mount the Waltz Grand's instead.

Would love to know if anyone have tried this.

Thanks
Vanessa
post #3229 of 3230 Old 09-23-2017, 08:59 PM

Waltz Grand as ceiling mount

I've wall mounted 2 Waltz Grand as high speakers, supporting 2 Mozart Grand and a Theatro center... along with a 12" ported SVS Sub, two SVS bookshelves as rear.
The Waltz are super clean and when paired with the Mozart... it's over kill. For 5.1 or 7.1 they are far too nice to be support speakers... in my opinion. But that is the way I'm running them and they are incredible... they come across brighter than the Mozart, easier to drive. I typically listen to music in stereo and primarily just run the Mozart's and the sub.
post #3230 of 3230 Old 09-23-2017, 09:07 PM

Forgot to mention... when running them all... for music or theater... perma smile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page