The *OFFICIAL* Vienna Acoustics Owners Thread - Page 108 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 38Likes

post #3211 of 3217 Old 12-30-2016, 09:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking at purchasing a pair of older Beethovens from a local person.. They look to be before the Grand Series and was just kind of wondering what a good price on them and how they compare to the Grand Series.. They seem to be a great price, but I can't seem to find much information on the Beethoven before the Grand Designation came out. So just looking for some information.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3212 of 3217 Old 01-02-2017, 04:18 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolsax View Post
I am looking at purchasing a pair of older Beethovens from a local person.. They look to be before the Grand Series and was just kind of wondering what a good price on them and how they compare to the Grand Series.. They seem to be a great price, but I can't seem to find much information on the Beethoven before the Grand Designation came out. So just looking for some information.
Kind of tough when we don't know the condition, how old they are, or what the guy is asking for them.

TV: Sony XBR55HX929
Receiver: Integra DTR-70.4
Speakers: Two Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Baby Grand towers, a Maestro center, and two Solus SR-C6 in-ceiling rears
Sub: WTB used Rythmik or JL Audio
post #3213 of 3217 Old 01-02-2017, 08:00 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBucketOfTruth View Post
Kind of tough when we don't know the condition, how old they are, or what the guy is asking for them.
Says he bought them brand new in 1999. There doesn't seem to be any issues with them that i can tell.. no cracks or deterioration of the drivers per the seller. asking 700 but they've been listed for awhile so he may take 6-650... I'd be replacing a pair of Sierra-1s non NRT.

post #3214 of 3217 Old 01-02-2017, 08:41 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Says he bought them brand new in 1999. There doesn't seem to be any issues with them that i can tell.. no cracks or deterioration of the drivers per the seller. asking 700 but they've been listed for awhile so he may take 6-650... I'd be replacing a pair of Sierra-1s non NRT.
5 or 600 seems okay. My friend and roommate bought an old pre-Grand 5 channel Vienna System for like $900 a couple years back. Two Bach towers, a center channel (can't remember), and two Waltz rear speakers if that's any reference. I think those were at least a decade old at the time as well (with the old V logo at the bottom not the newer script logo). I'm not familiar with your current speakers, but these things sing nicely when you power them right.

TV: Sony XBR55HX929
Receiver: Integra DTR-70.4
Speakers: Two Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Baby Grand towers, a Maestro center, and two Solus SR-C6 in-ceiling rears
Sub: WTB used Rythmik or JL Audio
post #3215 of 3217 Old 01-25-2017, 08:07 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I am thinking about buying Dolby atmos add-on modules to my Schonberg speakers. I don't think I can place them on top of the speakers. Do you have any suggestions about models and placement?
post #3216 of 3217 Old 02-09-2017, 06:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:

I sold my pair of pre-grand series Beethovens last year for $1600. So I would say $700 is an absolute STEAL if they are in nice shape
post #3217 of 3217 Old Today, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Where are they??? I owned a pair of beethovens mk3 vII, the 2nd beethoven had a taller cabinet that you can tell by the woofer being up several inches off the floor. I sold mine because sometimes I need to blow the roof off and that was the only real complaint I had, they are truly audiophile quality sound that we look so hard for. If they had the ability to go loud (+100db) I would have kept them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers