Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #1381 of 1389 Old 07-13-2014, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 51
@ SeaNile, I have always believed a good speaker should be driven by an equally good amp when possible. I know Michael Kelly designed the T series to be easily driven which is admirable. I bought a used Mcintosh before I bought my 7T's and really enjoy the Combination.

@fbwap , I always say no one ever said "I should have gone with the smaller tv, speakers etc so if toyr room can handle the 7T's would be my recommendation. Getting Michael's input is a good Idea. You could put up absorption panels if necessary. If you ever move your system to a bigger space, you'll be all set with the 7's

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1382 of 1389 Old 07-13-2014, 08:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Aerial CC3B update,

Hello all,

Just bought three used Aerial CC3s , as they were listed as CC3s I didn't know what they were because they looked like CC3Bs.

Watch this and see a peak of them being adjusted for position and attitude.

jdlynch had a good idea to contact Aerial. Michael Kelly was nice enough to help me this week end learn they were CC3bs
most likely because the only one to retain a serial number was a CC3B and looks identical. When asked, "how come Aerial speakers sound so good", he told me an Aerial secret. Aerials are soaked in the spice mélange, from the planet. Arrakis .

This isn't a review, It's a OH MY GOD these AERIAL CC3Bs are great. As all Aerial products.

These Aerials bring sounds to life I hadn't heard in my blu-ray collection. They are miles above and levels higher and deeper than can be explained.

As I was setting them up, I was kneeling close to one trying to see what connections did what and Mickey Orouke(SP I know) playing the Russian villain in Ironman II lets out that bellow and I literally jumped up a foot high , IT SOUNDED SO REAL.

The horns, drums, and strings in the 20th Century Opener is so clear rich and full!!!! I loved it before , now I super LOVE IT!

In Walk the Line, a blu-ray I've watched a dozen times and loved, never being an any sonic starvation mode, (though I was). Now it's just a different deal altogether.
Timber what ever it is I have it., resonances (good ones)between the AR 9LSis and the three Aerials, stunning, awesome, wonderful, plentiful. Every instrument now has a unique clear finger print.

My hope was to land a used CC5 or two. I happened to get find these CC3Bs , and I'm pleased as punch. They are big and weigh 45 pounds, look much bigger in real life that on camera.

I have a wide screen 12 foot. I need a wide sound foot print to widen the center.

I was using two AR 18Bs , even a 20 year HT pro (he sells HT gear and his son instauls) and semi pro jazz player remarked how good they sounded a few months back.

The R and L are an old pair of AR 9 LSis with updated mids and rebuilt others. These are a 5 way speaker $2000 for a pair in 1985. I bought hem in Denver from a stereo employee they were hardly broke in. I have beat the living hell out of them they still rock. And will suffice till a nice used pair of 20Ts come along.

The Aerial experience is a whole other world from what most hear. Has to be experienced.

Enjoy all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #1383 of 1389 Old 07-14-2014, 04:11 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Red face Lucky Find

[QUOTE=Pipelion;25720857]Aerial CC3B update,

"Hello all,

Just bought three used Aerial CC3s , as they were listed as CC3s I didn't know what they were because they looked like CC3Bs."

I saw three listed on E-bay last week. Were you the lucky one to get those for a steal? Glad to see they went to someone that will appreciate them.
post #1384 of 1389 Old 07-14-2014, 05:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipelion View Post
Aerial CC3B update,

Hello all,

Just bought three used Aerial CC3s , as they were listed as CC3s I didn't know what they were because they looked like CC3Bs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEO7LQ6l_UQ Watch this and see a peak of them being adjusted for position and attitude.

jdlynch had a good idea to contact Aerial. Michael Kelly was nice enough to help me this week end learn they were CC3bs
most likely because the only one to retain a serial number was a CC3B and looks identical. When asked, "how come Aerial speakers sound so good", he told me an Aerial secret. Aerials are soaked in the spice mélange, from the planet. Arrakis .

This isn't a review, It's a OH MY GOD these AERIAL CC3Bs are great. As all Aerial products.

These Aerials bring sounds to life I hadn't heard in my blu-ray collection. They are miles above and levels higher and deeper than can be explained.

As I was setting them up, I was kneeling close to one trying to see what connections did what and Mickey Orouke(SP I know) playing the Russian villain in Ironman II lets out that bellow and I literally jumped up a foot high , IT SOUNDED SO REAL.

The horns, drums, and strings in the 20th Century Opener is so clear rich and full!!!! I loved it before , now I super LOVE IT!

In Walk the Line, a blu-ray I've watched a dozen times and loved, never being an any sonic starvation mode, (though I was). Now it's just a different deal altogether.
Timber what ever it is I have it., resonances (good ones)between the AR 9LSis and the three Aerials, stunning, awesome, wonderful, plentiful. Every instrument now has a unique clear finger print.

My hope was to land a used CC5 or two. I happened to get find these CC3Bs , and I'm pleased as punch. They are big and weigh 45 pounds, look much bigger in real life that on camera.

I have a wide screen 12 foot. I need a wide sound foot print to widen the center.

I was using two AR 18Bs , even a 20 year HT pro (he sells HT gear and his son instauls) and semi pro jazz player remarked how good they sounded a few months back.

The R and L are an old pair of AR 9 LSis with updated mids and rebuilt others. These are a 5 way speaker $2000 for a pair in 1985. I bought hem in Denver from a stereo employee they were hardly broke in. I have beat the living hell out of them they still rock. And will suffice till a nice used pair of 20Ts come along.

The Aerial experience is a whole other world from what most hear. Has to be experienced.

Enjoy all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wow, she is cute. cc3s sound good (at least as well as I can tell thru my laptop speaker)
post #1385 of 1389 Old 07-14-2014, 08:05 AM
Advanced Member

FINALLY BIG SOUND TO MATCH BIG SCREEN !!!

KECN,,Yes I'm the lucky ebay winner, thanks! Still can't believe it.

Glad they were listed as CC3s and not CC3Bs, the last used CC3B sold for $799. on ebay.

Ed, she is cute isn't she. As far as the lap top speaker, so goes the iPhnoe 4 I made the video on.

And my post, describing the sounds is like describing a painting someone else can't see.
We all have read the reviews of various audio speakers and read the myriad of adjectives . We can only tell the person was excited.

When I hooked up the first CC3B, I wasn't aware it needed more juice to come alive. So it wasn't yet appreciated.
When two were hooked up, it soon became clear, they needed more volume(power). Then things change. THEY CHANGE EVERYTHING. They bring good HT things to life. They are the real HT thing.
Leave the driving to US, "AERIAL".

I wasn't trying to play blu-rays looking for nuggets of Aerial bliss. They just appear, because I've heard the sound tracks and knew( thought I knew) what they sounded like. As the day went on new improvements appeared out of nowhere from my familiar Blu-ray collection, OK ;

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIENDS the CC3B brothers or twin sisters?

As almost said by Tony Montana,

Got Milk?

GOT AERIAL? Most in this thread have or want them.

How I got hooked.
I drove 15 hours to Maryland to buy a mint used 18 inch Velodyne, the guy had a CC3 sitting there and said this is the best. Then I fell over when he said $1600, just for the center. It didn't take but a few seconds to realize a complete Aerial HT system would cost $10 to $20K. WHAT?????????????? Just for the speakers?? Those were 5.1 days, with 9.2 approaching, what??

They are so sweet.

Last edited by Pipelion; 07-14-2014 at 08:10 AM.
post #1386 of 1389 Old 07-14-2014, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 34
"Ed, she is cute isn't she. As far as the lap top speaker, so goes the iPhnoe 4 I made the video on."

just playin' Yup, I was pretty stoked about my Aerial Acoustics buy too. they do sound nice.
post #1387 of 1389 Old 07-14-2014, 04:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Pipelion-

Try reconfiguring your Aerials so that you use only one each for left/center/right. Cross them over at 80hz to your sub.

I think you will be in for another enlightening experience. With three identical speakers for the front, and, those identical speakers being Aerials, I think you will be amazed compared to what you have now.

Nothing against your current main L/R speakers, but, in a HT setup you can't overemphasize the benefits of identical fronts.

David Lynch
post #1388 of 1389 Old 07-14-2014, 04:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I just saw on EBay where a pair of LR5's, with sound anchor stands, sold for $2,000!

OMG

David Lynch
post #1389 of 1389 Old 07-14-2014, 10:22 PM
Advanced Member

David,

we have to keep our eyes open when cool stuff sells. It happens all the time though.

I'll try the three as L-C-R someday.

But those AR9 Lsis have about three-to four times the volume of each CC3B, and each AR9 Lsi's has a down firing 10" a forward firing 12", an 8" mid, and a pair of tweeter and super tweeter a eye level.

The three Aerials are a balance to each AR9. They are acting as one now(but a 10 wide one), so I may not be gaining but losing(10 AR speakers)on the L-R, as well as lose 8 Aerial speakers under the screen.
I will keep an open mind and some day try it. I'm not in a hurry to spent an hour or two on these knees. But I promise I will. You may be right I may be surprised!!!!!!!

My idea is keep the three CC3Bs on the floor and add a pair of 20Ts to the L-R. My idea is better but I need a suit case of cash for even used 20Ts.

I want to try your idea,

Remind me in a couple weeks please.

Now with the new 20.5 speaker arrangements in Theaters, we need L-C-R in screen center and another R-L to the sides. No mater how good a speaker is it's 2-3 foot wide a full 9 foot short of my screens width. I've been thinking of this as I enjoy the set up. On a 10-14 foot wide screen or even 8 or 9 foot wide , lots area right to left for sound to originate. Two people talking are about 8 feet apart. Is the sound coming out of a 3 foot wide speaker eight feet apart.?

I'll still try it.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy Cc 5 Center Channel Speaker Black

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page