post #1471 of 1474 Old Today, 10:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
[quote=Class A;27037433]
Quote:
Originally Posted by clpetersen View Post
I believe Aerial may be working on a 9T (?). Or is that a conjecture from this thread? In which case I am amplifying an echo.[/QU Both the 9 and the 5b are history. The new 5 will be coming out after the completion of the new center which is due soon. The 5T will run about $2999 w/the same cabinet design as the 6t & 7t. The new 9 is down the road and estimated price will run about $16,000. If you look around the used 9's are available for around $4000. My only concern is the size of your room. The 9's need plenty of room to control the bass. However you do have plenty of power. Great speakers in the right room.
By the way now that you have mentioned the new centre channel has John at AVT have any idea as to when this might show up, he seems to have a little bit of a connection with Mr. Kelly!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1472 of 1474 Old Today, 11:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A View Post
I was equating the Rocket 1000 , in output terms to the 9s, with its 4x 5.25" woofers, and an 8" 200w powered woofer( not a subwoofer) as well as a 4 inch mid range driver. Which is the reason my other choice is a Revel Ultima2 Salon, I like my movies to have sound that is authoritative, not necessarily loud. I have an 18" 2400w sub and a 15" 1000w sub both sealed to handle down low. Keeping control of volume with this class/size of speaker in a small to mid room, at least in my thinking, provides that effect. Does that make any sense or am I way off course?
I have never heard the Rocket speakers, so honestly I can't make a comparison. But The 9's will give you all you need in authoritative sound. The same will go for the Revels. The choice will be what sound you prefer. Aerials in my opinion have a very low listener fatigue factor. I would say most Aerial users would attest to that. Add a CC-5 center between those 9's and you'll have a combo that's hard to beat.[/QUOTE]

That was my plan to get the matching centers for the Aerial 9 or the Revels. As far as side surrounds, I'm not as convinced that movie soundtracks benefit significantly from timbre matched surrounds from same manufacturer as would music since it usually is environmental sound effects in the surrounds. Since most of my movies are action/scifi/horror I doubt I could tell if an aircraft/missle/ phaser canon would not be of similar timbre as the front 3 speakers!
post #1473 of 1474 Old Today, 11:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 18
QUOTE]....But The 9's will give you all you need in authoritative sound. The same will go for the Revels. The choice will be what sound you prefer. .[/QUOTE]

I agree that in all similar quality speaker levels, it comes down to listener preference. Unfortunately revel dealers of the Ultima class and Aerial dealers are quite a distance from where I live to be able to hear them at least in their demo rooms, and of course both are likely using different amps and acoustics making any decisions that are not based on your own amps in your own listening space makes this hobby challenging. Since both are at a significant magnitude higher in performance and overall owner and reviewer opinion that my current speakers I'm sure I'd be delighted with either.
post #1474 of 1474 Old Today, 11:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlanzy View Post
That was my plan to get the matching centers for the Aerial 9 or the Revels. As far as side surrounds, I'm not as convinced that movie soundtracks benefit significantly from timbre matched surrounds from same manufacturer as would music since it usually is environmental sound effects in the surrounds. Since most of my movies are action/scifi/horror I doubt I could tell if an aircraft/missle/ phaser canon would not be of similar timbre as the front 3 speakers!
For standard movie soundtrack the center is doing most of the dialog so you need something that very good in the upper range. And most of the bass is done by your subwoofer. If you have an AVR that can do room correction mix and matching different type of speaker is a lot simpler.
For me I did have not space for CC5 between my 9 so I ended am using a Triad Gold Monitor. And on a movie setup all the front speakers have a cut off frequency of 80hz so the woofer my 9 don't exercise that much.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy Cc 5 Center Channel Speaker Black

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page