Aerial Acoustics Owners Thread - Page 56 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 14Likes
post #1651 of 1667 Old 01-18-2015, 09:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 62
I'm away from home on a work trip. right before I left, I moved into a new house with a dedicated music/movie room. I'm hoping to be able to get my out of the ordinary speaker setup to sound coherent. Could be a challenge. Im using 7T's and a CC3 across the front (I feel they are a good match even though they are different series) and sr's for the sides. I have a second set of sides flanking the second row of seats which are Definitive Technology BPVXP's and DT BP7001sc's for the rears. I'm installing 4 Martin Logan in ceiling for future Atmos (or other such surround type) down the road but will hook them up to the wide/high channels for the time being. My subs will be 2 ML Depth I's and 1 ML Descent I. I'd love to have Aerials all around but the budget was blown on appliances, window treatments, furniture etc. I had a similar set up in my last house minus the vxp's and in ceiling speakers and it sounded pretty good. Keeping my fingers crossed

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1652 of 1667 Old 01-18-2015, 09:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1099 Post(s)
Liked: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannga View Post
You are very welcome. Just to clarify: I'm certain the Environment knob increases BOTH treble and midrange. It says so on the knob label (click on the second picture that I posted above), and confirmed by Michael Kelly when I spoke to him. The only thing I don't know is the shape (frequency range and amplitude) of that boost. Hope this helps.
I did some REW sweeps last week -- didn't keep them. The environment control appears to adjust the tweeter in ~1 dB steps. The Program control appears to adjusts the midrange driver about the same, but there is some interaction between them. It's really mild tweaking.

Deadwood Atmos theater
AV7702 Atmos 7.4.4, SSP-800 PLIIx 7.4
Aerial Acoustics 7B/CC3B fronts, B&W CWM8180 surrounds, Tannoy Di6 DC heights, Hsu ULS-15 subs
post #1653 of 1667 Old 01-18-2015, 09:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A View Post
I've been sitting by the phone 24/7 and still no call on the Center. The Peachtree D5 should make a good rear for the T's. The Aperions I've never heard. Next month I'll be adding a Bryston 2.5 amp to my system. As soon as the tax returns come through.
Well, for psychdoc, there's the rub. If the T series are more open on the top end, they may not timbre match the ERA's which are a tad reserved...ala the B series.

Psychdoc, I'd suggest you give the Aperions a try. They have free shipping both ways...so if you're not satisfied with the match, you can return them at no expense and try something else. AND...there is nothing better than auditioning speakers in your home......even tho' there is so much wisdom out here in forum-land, lol.
Class A likes this.

MARGARITAS,
they're not just for breakfast anymore.
post #1654 of 1667 Old 01-20-2015, 08:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dressler View Post
I did some REW sweeps last week -- didn't keep them. The environment control appears to adjust the tweeter in ~1 dB steps. The Program control appears to adjusts the midrange driver about the same, but there is some interaction between them. It's really mild tweaking.
Thanks for sharing. Yeah I sort of expected it to be a mild change.

Regards, Can
Theta: Stunning 3D soundstage, sublime details, unlimited dynamics and low end response - the processor for music lovers. My system & CBIII HD review & setup help - Post # 3913 and Diagrams & Surround Speaker Rec. Here
Give vinyl and tube gears a try - the sound from heaven :-).
post #1655 of 1667 Old 01-21-2015, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by g_bartman View Post
I hadn't been on Audiogon in a while. Someone has a pair of 6t's listed at a killer price. If I didn't have expenses due to building a house right now I might jump on them.

How about now Bartman? I have an as-new pair in Nero Black; bought new from authorized dealer about 4 months back.

Have been in-home auditioning, against my incumbent PMC FACT 3s. Both GREAT speakers; different, so in their own way. It's kind of a draw; if someone wanted my FACT 3s, I'd be happy to live with the 6Ts longer. Quite a feat for the Aerials, as the FACTs cost $9k. Not quite the transparency...but much more slam, IMO.

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. -Plato
post #1656 of 1667 Old 01-22-2015, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Thanks for the offer but still gotta watch the $$$. I'm sure you won't have a problem finding them a new home if you decide to part with them.

post #1657 of 1667 Old 01-22-2015, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Well, of course; the offer is good to any Aerial lover.

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. -Plato
post #1658 of 1667 Old 01-27-2015, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Enjoying this snowy day in NH w/my Aerials. I have the new Lucinda Williams album spinning on my Linn TT. Later I'll fire up the movie Edge of Tomorrow w/Tom Cruise. A great day to sit back and enjoy the system. After all that's why we bought this stuff. Tomorrow I shovel!!! UGH!!!!
post #1659 of 1667 Old 01-27-2015, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Enjoying this snowy day in NH w/my Aerials. I have the new Lucinda Williams album spinning on my Linn TT. Later I'll fire up the movie Edge of Tomorrow w/Tom Cruise. A great day to sit back and enjoy the system. After all that's why we bought this stuff. Tomorrow I shovel!!! UGH!!!!
Edge of Tomorrow one of the greatest Sci-Fi Action movie ever and I'm sure you will LOVE IT.
post #1660 of 1667 Old 01-27-2015, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Be safe!

post #1661 of 1667 Old 01-29-2015, 04:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am absolutely mystified by the controls on my Sub. I just want to connect it correctly to a receiver for action as an LFE for movies. The Aerial Sub has more controls than I can deal with. Would someone please give me settings advice. Thanks.
post #1662 of 1667 Old 01-29-2015, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1099 Post(s)
Liked: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Lloyd View Post
I am absolutely mystified by the controls on my Sub. I just want to connect it correctly to a receiver for action as an LFE for movies. The Aerial Sub has more controls than I can deal with. Would someone please give me settings advice. Thanks.
You only need to connect the single audio wire from the AVR's subwoofer output to the sub's L or R input (pick one). May have to remove a plastic cap covering the RCA input.

Decide how you want to activate the power. Manual, 12V trigger, or signal presence detector. There's a switch next to the power switch for that.

After it is powered up, you can set EQ on/off, Input Direct/Norm, Phase Invert/Norm, and Damping up/down.

I'd suggest starting with EQ off, Input Direct, Phase Normal, and leave the Damping alone.

The EQ and crossover settings will all be deactivated in this case. Your AVR should take care of the crossover, and maybe the EQ if it has that built in. If not, the EQ will be your best friend. We can discuss adjusting it later.

Deadwood Atmos theater
AV7702 Atmos 7.4.4, SSP-800 PLIIx 7.4
Aerial Acoustics 7B/CC3B fronts, B&W CWM8180 surrounds, Tannoy Di6 DC heights, Hsu ULS-15 subs
post #1663 of 1667 Old 01-29-2015, 09:28 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Aerial Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Lloyd View Post
Not sure where you live but Steve at Stereo Design here in San Diego is a true and knowledgeable expert on this....His phone (858) 573-0060
post #1664 of 1667 Unread Today, 04:23 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Aerial sub? Are they still being made? Although still listed on Aerial site, they are no longer available the last time I checked.

This ain't no party, this ain't no disco
post #1665 of 1667 Unread Today, 05:00 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjk3030 View Post
Aerial sub? Are they still being made? Although still listed on Aerial site, they are no longer available the last time I checked.
They are available, and still some of the best available if you ask me. Built with an old-school, no-compromise no-nonsense approach.
post #1666 of 1667 Unread Today, 07:23 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Well I'm looking for one in a cherry finish but was told they stopped making them but the dealer had one in black, which I really don't want.
But the website still shows SW12 in cherry finish???

This ain't no party, this ain't no disco
post #1667 of 1667 Unread Today, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dressler View Post
You only need to connect the single audio wire from the AVR's subwoofer output to the sub's L or R input (pick one). May have to remove a plastic cap covering the RCA input.

Decide how you want to activate the power. Manual, 12V trigger, or signal presence detector. There's a switch next to the power switch for that.

After it is powered up, you can set EQ on/off, Input Direct/Norm, Phase Invert/Norm, and Damping up/down.

I'd suggest starting with EQ off, Input Direct, Phase Normal, and leave the Damping alone.

The EQ and crossover settings will all be deactivated in this case. Your AVR should take care of the crossover, and maybe the EQ if it has that built in. If not, the EQ will be your best friend. We can discuss adjusting it later.
Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy Cc 5 Center Channel Speaker Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page