Aerial Acoustics Owners Thread - Page 59 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 17Likes

post #1741 of 1770 Old 05-07-2015, 05:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grit View Post
Just two more days! Waiting anxiously to hear about it!
Very disappointed. No center. It's now scheduled for July/August or whenever. He had a 5T there but he's still working on the crossover. So we couldn't hear that. If your looking for a pair of new 20T's your out of luck. It has been discontinued. The price for the 5T will be $3750. Michael also mentioned he is working on his new replacement for the 20T price will be $18,000. Also there were some other intersting demos. Gary Dayton was there playing the Middle T speaker and the small Model A speaker. It was an all Bryston set up w/the BDP-2 digital player. Yamaha was there w/a $3500 integrated playing Aerial 6T's. Made an excellent combo. The Luxman gear was impressive as was the PrimaLuna Klipsch Cornwall combo. Sorry I don't have more Aerial news but long waits are then norm for Aerial fans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1742 of 1770 Old 05-08-2015, 12:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A View Post
Michael also mentioned he is working on his new replacement for the 20T price will be $18,000
This model will be a completely new model between the 7T and 20T, perhaps called 12T. A model replacing the 20T V2 will definately be more expensive than that and will earliest be available in 2016.
post #1743 of 1770 Old 05-08-2015, 04:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand07 View Post
This model will be a completely new model between the 7T and 20T, perhaps called 12T. A model replacing the 20T V2 will definately be more expensive than that and will earliest be available in 2016.
Yes he did say the new 12T. He was also surprised how fast his remaining 20T's sold out. He stated that it was about 6 months ahead of schedule. Design wise the 12T will be a 2 box design.
post #1744 of 1770 Old 05-08-2015, 04:58 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Very disappointed. No center. It's now scheduled for July/August or whenever. He had a 5T there but he's still working on the crossover. So we couldn't hear that. If your looking for a pair of new 20T's your out of luck. It has been discontinued. The price for the 5T will be $3750. Michael also mentioned he is working on his new replacement for the 20T price will be $18,000. Also there were some other intersting demos. Gary Dayton was there playing the Middle T speaker and the small Model A speaker. It was an all Bryston set up w/the BDP-2 digital player. Yamaha was there w/a $3500 integrated playing Aerial 6T's. Made an excellent combo. The Luxman gear was impressive as was the PrimaLuna Klipsch Cornwall combo. Sorry I don't have more Aerial news but long waits are then norm for Aerial fans.
Ah well. Thanks for the update.

I remember someone trying to get me to pre-order the center channel for October 2014. Looks more like October 2015!

Any rough estimate on the size of the 5T's?

Anything on the on/in wall surrounds?
post #1745 of 1770 Old 05-08-2015, 05:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Thumbs up

Quote:

I remember someone trying to get me to pre-order the center channel for October 2014. Looks more like October 2015!

July/August for both the 5T and the center. The 5T was on display sans the crossover. So it seems to be near completion. Michael said it is 2db more efficient than the old 5B. Plus it's a ported design rather than sealed. The cabinet is typical Aerial high quality.
post #1746 of 1770 Old 05-09-2015, 06:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Thumbs up

Quote:

Just checked this morning. If you go to the Audio Video Therapy web site and go to the Facebook page they have a closeup picture of the 5T. Just scroll through the pictures of the event and you'll see it near the end.
post #1747 of 1770 Old 06-17-2015, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 76
The few, the proud, the Aerial Acoustics owners. I was just curious to see if there was any recent action on this thread. I went back several pages and finally just did a search to bring this up. There are some owners threads that have 1 or 2 million views on this forum. That's great for those companies, they must move a lot of product and I'm sure it's for good reason. I for one am glad I took the time and effort to look at some "under the radar" companies products. Michael Kelly for president.

post #1748 of 1770 Old 06-17-2015, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_bartman View Post
The few, the proud, the Aerial Acoustics owners. I was just curious to see if there was any recent action on this thread. I went back several pages and finally just did a search to bring this up. There are some owners threads that have 1 or 2 million views on this forum. That's great for those companies, they must move a lot of product and I'm sure it's for good reason. I for one am glad I took the time and effort to look at some "under the radar" companies products. Michael Kelly for president.
Aerial Acoustics produces (IMO) some of THE best speakers. What they don't do is design them fast. So, we've had a lull since the May. I keep (eagerly) checking back though.

I'll toss out something for discussion though (hopefully). I'm going to wait for the T-series center channel, but I'd like to get new surround speakers (for HT, not music). In my case, I'm stuck with in-wall speakers for now, but all the same, I'd like to hear what brands other Aerial 7T or 6T owners think would match well for surround duty, in-wall or otherwise.
post #1749 of 1770 Old 06-17-2015, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Aerial Acoustics produces (IMO) some of THE best speakers. What they don't do is design them fast. So, we've had a lull since the May. I keep (eagerly) checking back though.

I'll toss out something for discussion though (hopefully). I'm going to wait for the T-series center channel, but I'd like to get new surround speakers (for HT, not music). In my case, I'm stuck with in-wall speakers for now, but all the same, I'd like to hear what brands other Aerial 7T or 6T owners think would match well for surround duty, in-wall or otherwise.
I kept it in the family with the SR3's. It's nice that they are di/bi pole design which gives them better placement and integration flexibility. Got mine used, saved some cabbage that way. Highly recommended.

post #1750 of 1770 Old 06-17-2015, 01:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

I found that the laid back sound of my Model 9's had almost the exact timbre and gave a great surround match for my Definitive Technology surrounds that I already had.

Pioneer Elite Kuro, McIntosh amplifiers -- MC501 monos (3) and MC352's (2), McIntosh MX150 pre-pro; Oppo 83SE; speakers -- Aerial Acoustics Model 9's for mains and CC5 for center, Def Tech BPVX/P's and BPVX's for surrounds and JL F113's (2) for subs; Roku 3; PS3; Wiii; Tivos; and Monster HTPS...
post #1751 of 1770 Old 06-17-2015, 03:33 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
I've had my Aerial 7Ts for almost two years and they are the only component that remains after many changes. The only speaker that I would sell the Aerials for are Raidho's 3.1c ($40,000). I've compared them to Wilson Audio, Revel, Raidho and Rockport speakers. Not perfect, but they do so many things so well!
post #1752 of 1770 Old 06-17-2015, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

If I spent 40 grand on speakers, I'd have to put them in the garage. Because my wife would kick me out and that's where I'd be living. Most people think 10 grand for a pair is crazy. That was my absolute hi watermark. I got mine used like new for about seven so I think I scored pretty well
post #1753 of 1770 Old 06-17-2015, 04:59 PM

Quote:
If I spent 40 grand on speakers, I'd have to put them in the garage. Because my wife would kick me out and that's where I'd be living. Most people think 10 grand for a pair is crazy. That was my absolute hi watermark. I got mine used like new for about seven so I think I scored pretty well
I purchased a demo pair of Aerial 7Ts. I'm not and wouldn't pay 40K for speakers. Comparing 7Ts to a 40K pair of speakers is a testimony to how good the 7Ts sound to me. I did add two SVS SB13 Ultra subs.
post #1754 of 1770 Old 06-17-2015, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricjor1 View Post
I've had my Aerial 7Ts for almost two years and they are the only component that remains after many changes. The only speaker that I would sell the Aerials for are Raidho's 3.1c ($40,000). I've compared them to Wilson Audio, Revel, Raidho and Rockport speakers. Not perfect, but they do so many things so well!
I have owned and enjoyed my 7Bs for ten years. They are like a comfortable pair of slippers. I would have great difficulty parting with them.

Nevertheless, I suggest you keep an open mind, ric. I totally agree with you regarding your listed speakers But there are some REALLY fine speakers out there, particularly Internet Direct (ID) models that rival the audio quality of Aerials at similar, or in some cases lesser, prices. I've thrown a number of GTGs, including blind A/B (multi-)listener tests of many fine brands. I suggest you give a listen to anything by Salk Sound or Philharmonic Audio if you get an opportunity.

Or, you could buy a pair of AA 20Ts.

MARGARITAS,
they're not just for breakfast anymore.
post #1755 of 1770 Old 06-17-2015, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslide View Post
I have owned and enjoyed my 7Bs for ten years. They are like a comfortable pair of slippers. I would have great difficulty parting with them.

Nevertheless, I suggest you keep an open mind, ric. I totally agree with you regarding your listed speakers But there are some REALLY fine speakers out there, particularly Internet Direct (ID) models that rival the audio quality of Aerials at similar, or in some cases lesser, prices. I've thrown a number of GTGs, including blind A/B (multi-)listener tests of many fine brands. I suggest you give a listen to anything by Salk Sound or Philharmonic Audio if you get an opportunity.

Or, you could buy a pair of AA 20Ts.
I agree with you. I like a couple of the speakers that I heard, some above and below the price of Aerials. I just don't feel the need to replace my speakers or component anymore. They sound totally different from when I first received them. I've added the Bricasti M1 DAC, all Wireworld Series 7 cables, and will soon have a Jeff Rowland Continuum S2 integrated amp. It's been a fun ride, but I'm done for a long time...hopefully at least ten years.
post #1756 of 1770 Old 06-18-2015, 04:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
I agree with you. I like a couple of the speakers that I heard, some above and below the price of Aerials. I just don't feel the need to replace my speakers or component anymore. They sound totally different from when I first received them. I've added the Bricasti M1 DAC, all Wireworld Series 7 cables, and will soon have a Jeff Rowland Continuum S2 integrated amp. It's been a fun ride, but I'm done for a long time...hopefully at least ten years.
I've had my Aerial 6's for around 6 or 7 years and have no desire to change. It's given me the freedom to upgrade other segments of my system. I recently added a Bryston 2.5 amp and for fun picked up an Akai GSX-2200 Reel to Reel tape recorder for $80.
post #1757 of 1770 Old 06-18-2015, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Finding the right speakers for your budget, room, musical taste etc can be a quest. I make it a point to audition as many speakers as I can even if I have no intention to buy them. My wife knows that if we are in an area that we've never been before and there is an audio shop near by (remember those?) there will be a side trip. I've also been to Axpona. I'd venture to say I've heard well over a hundred pair of speakers over the years. Some sounded fantastic, some like crap. Axpona had a lot of demo rooms that left a lot to be desired and I suspect some speakers I heard there would sound better in the right room. And I've only scratched the surface of what's available. Never heard Usher, Dali, Salk to name a few high on my list. At the end of the day, my 7t's just do everything right so if I never get to hear another pair of speakers I'm okay with that.

post #1758 of 1770 Old 06-19-2015, 12:40 AM

While I don't get to hear the same number of speakers g_bartman has, I feel the same.

I had 7B's before this, but (I think) I had them WAY underpowered, and I never got to enjoy them for what I knew they could do. I bounced around with some other speakers and electronics for a few years. But once I heard the 7T's, I was hooked. As great as they sounded (and they're more efficient than the 7B's), I still didn't get what I was looking for.

I have mostly Bryston electronics, but the amp was something else. Then I had a Bryston 9B-SST2, which just didn't quite have enough "oomph". I gave up and got Bryston's 4B-SST2 and 6B-SST2, and finally, I stopped looking for the next best thing.

That's the great thing about this hobby: once you find the combination that works for YOU, its just audio bliss!

- Garrett
post #1759 of 1770 Old 06-19-2015, 08:50 AM

Quote:
While I don't get to hear the same number of speakers g_bartman has, I feel the same.

I had 7B's before this, but (I think) I had them WAY underpowered, and I never got to enjoy them for what I knew they could do. I bounced around with some other speakers and electronics for a few years. But once I heard the 7T's, I was hooked. As great as they sounded (and they're more efficient than the 7B's), I still didn't get what I was looking for.

I have mostly Bryston electronics, but the amp was something else. Then I had a Bryston 9B-SST2, which just didn't quite have enough "oomph". I gave up and got Bryston's 4B-SST2 and 6B-SST2, and finally, I stopped looking for the next best thing.

That's the great thing about this hobby: once you find the combination that works for YOU, its just audio bliss!

- Garrett
I was talking to a dealer that doesn't carry Aerials, but loves them. He told me that Aerials love power and before I ever think about selling them, make sure I try different amplifiers. I have noticed positive results every time I've upgraded a component...I submit that's what good speakers do.
post #1760 of 1770 Old 06-19-2015, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I was talking to a dealer that doesn't carry Aerials, but loves them. He told me that Aerials love power and before I ever think about selling them, make sure I try different amplifiers. I have noticed positive results every time I've upgraded a component...I submit that's what good speakers do.
Don't you know all amps sound the same!? Seriously, the 7t's are very revealing speakers so every link in the chain is more important. I've read some pro reviews that agree. I'm running mine with a Mcintosh MC252. I'd like to check them out with a Pass Labs some day just to see if there is a difference. I'm not at all dissatisfied with the Mc, just curious.

post #1761 of 1770 Old 06-19-2015, 12:41 PM
Advanced Member

I would recommend that you check out the new Theta Dreadnaught D amp. Theta mates very well with Aerial. Theta is way above McIntosh in sound qualities in my opinion.
post #1762 of 1770 Old 06-19-2015, 02:15 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand07 View Post
I would recommend that you check out the new Theta Dreadnaught D amp. Theta mates very well with Aerial. Theta is way above McIntosh in sound qualities in my opinion.

Does the new Dreadnaught D have enough power to help my Aerial LR5's reach their full potential?

Wattage wise they have less power than my current Proceed HPA3 (500 watts per channel into 4 ohms).

I would like to try a different amp to see if I can get more performance out of my aerials. Any suggestions that would be a definite step-up?

David Lynch Current Equipment: Marantz AV8801, Proceed HPA3, Parasound HCA-1206, Aerial Acoustics LR5's (LCR), Aerial Acoustics LR3's (sides), RBH in-walls (rears), Seaton Submersive, Marantz VP15s1, 106" Carada BW screen, Oppo BDP-103.
post #1763 of 1770 Old 06-19-2015, 03:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlynch View Post
Does the new Dreadnaught D have enough power to help my Aerial LR5's reach their full potential?

Wattage wise they have less power than my current Proceed HPA3 (500 watts per channel into 4 ohms).

I would like to try a different amp to see if I can get more performance out of my aerials. Any suggestions that would be a definite step-up?
Absolutely, the Dreadnaught will have no problems driving your LR5s. If you go for the 500w module you will be surprised of the dynamics and power of this amp. With the new Hypex technology and the way Theta has implemented it with huge power transformers you will be surprised of the level of both musicality and muscles this amp provides.

I have used Prometheus monoblocks with LR5s/CC5 and it sounds spectacular. These amps are game changers in my opinion. I have heard Prometheus side-by-side with Burmester 911, Accuphase A60 class A amp and more and it is so much better that everyone that hears it really is surprised. The Dreadnaught shares very much of the qualities from Prometheus and is a bargain in todays market IMHO.

Last edited by Armand07; 06-19-2015 at 03:48 PM.
post #1764 of 1770 Old 06-21-2015, 06:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Thumbs up

Quote:

I'm curios in what your lacking audio wise. Is it lack of detail on the top end?? Or a muted mid range? The older Aerial models have a warm top end. In my case I recently replaced my Thresholds w/a Bryston 2.5 amp and the top end opened up and. The Bryston is a brighter amp and ended up a good match w/my old 6's. I'm not sure of your budget but I saw a 5 channel Krell HTS amp on Agon for $3000. It goes down to 600wpc at 2 ohms and according to some reviews ran a Wilson Audio surround system at reference levels. Like the Bryston the Krell is on the bright side and may be a good match for your LR-5's.
post #1765 of 1770 Old 06-21-2015, 06:44 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 28
Class A, Thanks for your comments and the heads-up on the Krell.

To be perfectly honest, I don't feel I am lacking much of anything with my current system. The only reason I am considering a change is due to the age of my Proceed HPA3 and a lack of service in case it fails.

So many people have commented that the Aerials need a lot of current and power to reach their potential. Even though I am totally impressed with their present performance I can't help but wonder if there is still more improvement to be had with the right amp.

Happy Father's Day!

David Lynch Current Equipment: Marantz AV8801, Proceed HPA3, Parasound HCA-1206, Aerial Acoustics LR5's (LCR), Aerial Acoustics LR3's (sides), RBH in-walls (rears), Seaton Submersive, Marantz VP15s1, 106" Carada BW screen, Oppo BDP-103.
post #1766 of 1770 Old 06-21-2015, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Class A, Thanks for your comments and the heads-up on the Krell.

To be perfectly honest, I don't feel I am lacking much of anything with my current system. The only reason I am considering a change is due to the age of my Proceed HPA3 and a lack of service in case it fails.

So many people have commented that the Aerials need a lot of current and power to reach their potential. Even though I am totally impressed with their present performance I can't help but wonder if there is still more improvement to be had with the right amp.

Happy Father's Day!
My Thresholds are now being used for the rear speakers as I recently purchased the Bryston. And sound wise it was a big improvement. When your dealing w/speakers at the upper price range IMHO system matching is important. The Bryston just gave me more of what I was looking for. By by the way my Thresholds are about 22 years old and still going strong. The only thing that went on mine were the on/off switches.
post #1767 of 1770 Old 06-22-2015, 05:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
My Thresholds are now being used for the rear speakers as I recently purchased the Bryston. And sound wise it was a big improvement. When your dealing w/speakers at the upper price range IMHO system matching is important. The Bryston just gave me more of what I was looking for. By by the way my Thresholds are about 22 years old and still going strong. The only thing that went on mine were the on/off switches.
Which Thresholds do you have? I took my T200 to a dealer and hooked it up to his 7Ts and they sounded way better than the Mac he was using (don't know which Mac).

If I get the 7Ts, they will have to sit a foot from the back wall. Any problems with that?
post #1768 of 1770 Old 06-22-2015, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbwap View Post
Which Thresholds do you have? I took my T200 to a dealer and hooked it up to his 7Ts and they sounded way better than the Mac he was using (don't know which Mac).

If I get the 7Ts, they will have to sit a foot from the back wall. Any problems with that?
Mine are modified T-50's. The original owner whom I bought them from was a VP at Threshold. They were made into Monoblocks . The mods were done by Michael Bladelius (his name is on the back of bot amps) who was hired by Nelson Pass. He now has his own company in Sweden The Bladelius Design Group. W/the T's soft dome tweeter you get a more open sound than the older Aerials which are somewhat darker you should get great results matching it w/the T-200. As far as your room is concerned it's hard to tell until you get them in the room. I know my local dealer loans out his Aerials so customers can do in-house demos. I would ask your dealer. Just tell him it would be a great way to lock up the sale. After all this is not a chump change purchase.
post #1769 of 1770 Old 06-25-2015, 04:44 PM

Just curious if anyone has compared Dynaudio C4s to Aerial 7Ts? I've had my Aerial 7ts for a couple of years and had no intention of selling them, but I just received a really good deal on a pair of Dynaudio C4s. Unfortunately I may not have the opportunity to hear them.
post #1770 of 1770 Old Today, 07:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,
It seems that one of my speakers in my Aerial CC3 is broken. I noticed that it is now making crackling sound during any sort of lows. I popped open the screen and it is coming from the left speaker. My Fronts are 7b which I am not replacing.
Here is my problem, I don't think I can afford another CC3 so I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion on a new center channel that would match with my 7B at budget price range.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy Cc 5 Center Channel Speaker Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page