Aerial Acoustics Owners Thread - Page 59 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 16Likes

post #1741 of 1746 Old 05-07-2015, 05:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grit View Post
Just two more days! Waiting anxiously to hear about it!
Very disappointed. No center. It's now scheduled for July/August or whenever. He had a 5T there but he's still working on the crossover. So we couldn't hear that. If your looking for a pair of new 20T's your out of luck. It has been discontinued. The price for the 5T will be $3750. Michael also mentioned he is working on his new replacement for the 20T price will be $18,000. Also there were some other intersting demos. Gary Dayton was there playing the Middle T speaker and the small Model A speaker. It was an all Bryston set up w/the BDP-2 digital player. Yamaha was there w/a $3500 integrated playing Aerial 6T's. Made an excellent combo. The Luxman gear was impressive as was the PrimaLuna Klipsch Cornwall combo. Sorry I don't have more Aerial news but long waits are then norm for Aerial fans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1742 of 1746 Old Yesterday, 12:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A View Post
Michael also mentioned he is working on his new replacement for the 20T price will be $18,000
This model will be a completely new model between the 7T and 20T, perhaps called 12T. A model replacing the 20T V2 will definately be more expensive than that and will earliest be available in 2016.
post #1743 of 1746 Old Yesterday, 04:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand07 View Post
This model will be a completely new model between the 7T and 20T, perhaps called 12T. A model replacing the 20T V2 will definately be more expensive than that and will earliest be available in 2016.
Yes he did say the new 12T. He was also surprised how fast his remaining 20T's sold out. He stated that it was about 6 months ahead of schedule. Design wise the 12T will be a 2 box design.
post #1744 of 1746 Old Yesterday, 04:58 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A View Post
Very disappointed. No center. It's now scheduled for July/August or whenever. He had a 5T there but he's still working on the crossover. So we couldn't hear that. If your looking for a pair of new 20T's your out of luck. It has been discontinued. The price for the 5T will be $3750. Michael also mentioned he is working on his new replacement for the 20T price will be $18,000. Also there were some other intersting demos. Gary Dayton was there playing the Middle T speaker and the small Model A speaker. It was an all Bryston set up w/the BDP-2 digital player. Yamaha was there w/a $3500 integrated playing Aerial 6T's. Made an excellent combo. The Luxman gear was impressive as was the PrimaLuna Klipsch Cornwall combo. Sorry I don't have more Aerial news but long waits are then norm for Aerial fans.
Ah well. Thanks for the update.

I remember someone trying to get me to pre-order the center channel for October 2014. Looks more like October 2015!

Any rough estimate on the size of the 5T's?

Anything on the on/in wall surrounds?
post #1745 of 1746 Old Yesterday, 05:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Thumbs up

Quote:

I remember someone trying to get me to pre-order the center channel for October 2014. Looks more like October 2015!

July/August for both the 5T and the center. The 5T was on display sans the crossover. So it seems to be near completion. Michael said it is 2db more efficient than the old 5B. Plus it's a ported design rather than sealed. The cabinet is typical Aerial high quality.
post #1746 of 1746 Old Today, 06:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Thumbs up

Quote:

Just checked this morning. If you go to the Audio Video Therapy web site and go to the Facebook page they have a closeup picture of the 5T. Just scroll through the pictures of the event and you'll see it near the end.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy Cc 5 Center Channel Speaker Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page