Aerial Acoustics Owners Thread - Page 64 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 64Likes

Old 09-30-2015, 03:49 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grit View Post
Woohoo!

How are you going to mount those??
That's the tricky part. I spoke with Michael Kelly (very nice guy) and specifically asked him if the same threaded blind holes found at the bottom of my 5B speakers are also found on the 5T's. He confirmed that is the case. The reason why that is important is that without those threaded holes I can't think of a way to mount them to the ceiling without damaging the speaker enclosure. What I did with the my 5B "heights" is make custom mounts and had the correct screws go into the bottom of the speaker holding it to the ceiling. This also means that my 5B ceiling speakers are upside down but that also makes sense (if the ceiling is another "floor" you would want the tweeter far away from it just like we do with regular floor standing towers). I leave the grills on the 5B's and will do the same for the 5Ts so you'll never know they are upside down. The difficult part will be creating the mount to hold the exact angle so the tweeter is firing toward the sweet spot (my seat). Lots of fun stuff coming up for my home theater build

Last edited by psychdoc; 09-30-2015 at 03:54 PM. Reason: fix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2015, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychdoc View Post
I made it official today. I have two pairs of 5T's ordered that will be the ceiling speakers in my AA surround sound system. They will be powered by my Bryston Amps with way more power than actually needed. I'm excited to hear them. I'll let you what my impressions are once I play with them a bit. Have a great day all....
Post some picture on how you mounted the 5T's. Very interesting setup. It should sound great.
Old 10-01-2015, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
I made it official today. I have two pairs of 5T's ordered that will be the ceiling speakers in my AA surround sound system. They will be powered by my Bryston Amps with way more power than actually needed. I'm excited to hear them. I'll let you what my impressions are once I play with them a bit. Have a great day all....
Will they be used for Atmos? What are the other speakers you are using?

Old 10-01-2015, 12:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_bartman View Post
Will they be used for Atmos? What are the other speakers you are using?
Yup. I plan on going with Dolby Atmos and DTS X (when it finally gets going). The 5T's are being shipped right now so there is nothing to show quite yet.
I copied and pasted the following list from the first post of my build thread listed below in my signature. Here are the rest of my AA speakers:

Aerial Acoustics 20T Mains in birds-eye-maple
Aerial Acoustics CC5 center speaker in Birds-eye-maple
Aerial Acoustics LR5 (Wides)
Aerial Acoustics 5B (Heights)
Aerial Acoustics SW12 subwoofer X 4 in Birds-eye-maple (1 in each corner)
Aerial Acoustics SR3 surrounds
Aerial Acoustics 5T ceiling surrounds X 3 pair

Once I get my hands on them I plan on taking some pics and showing what I plan to do in order to get them on the ceiling. Usually there's more than one way to crack an egg...

Last edited by psychdoc; 12-11-2015 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-01-2015, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Yup. I plan on going with Dolby Atmos and DTS X (when it finally gets going). The 5T's are being shipped right now so there is nothing to show quite yet.
I copied and pasted the following list from the first post of my build thread listed below in my signature. Here are the rest of my AA speakers:

Aerial Acoustics 20T Mains in birds-eye-maple
Aerial Acoustics CC5 center speaker in Birds-eye-maple

Aerial Acoustics LR5 (Wides)
Aerial Acoustics 5B (Heights)
Aerial Acoustics SW12 subwoofer X 4 in Birds-eye-maple (1 in each corner)
Aerial Acoustics SR3 surrounds
Aerial Acoustics 5T ceiling surrounds X 2 pair

Once I get my hands on them I plan on taking some pics and showing what I plan to do in order to get them on the ceiling. Usually there's more than one way to crack an egg...
WOW! Very nice. Congrats.
I guess they pay psychdocs pretty well.

MARGARITAS,
they're not just for breakfast anymore.
Old 10-01-2015, 02:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslide View Post
WOW! Very nice. Congrats.
I guess they pay psychdocs pretty well.
Yup, pay isn't bad as an Army psychiatrist. I see lots of distant places on paid vacations (deployments) where it's easy to save money. The trick is not getting killed in the process.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Yup, pay isn't bad as an Army psychiatrist. I see lots of distant places on paid vacations (deployments) where it's easy to save money. The trick is not getting killed in the process.
Stationed on Oahu? Holy smokes, psychdoc. The army gods have been kind to you!

MARGARITAS,
they're not just for breakfast anymore.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslide View Post
Stationed on Oahu? Holy smokes, psychdoc. The army gods have been kind to you!
Yes, I've been winning the lottery. My fellow Army buddy tells me that I've been walking the "golden path" pretty much my whole Army career. I think he's right. Living here in Hawaii has been truly amazing (except for the traffic and the amazingly high cost for just about everything). Still, it's sad to see that I'm much closer to the end of my military career than the begining. I'll 'pin on' COL (O-6) this June and likely need to move a year later (I'm still crossing my fingers that I can stay a little longer). Moving all my home theater gear and my AA speakers will not be fun, especially when I have my home theater sounding the way it is currently. I hope I don't go over my moving weight allotment.
Old 10-01-2015, 06:39 PM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
That is fantastic. You can send me (or another member) those 5Bs if you don't want them laying around.

Rip
Old 10-12-2015, 04:50 PM
Advanced Member

My AA 5T's arrived today. WOW!!!! Simply stunning. I hope they sound half as good as they look. Here are a couple of the pics I posted in my home theater thread. If you want to see all of the pictures just click on my "Hawaii Home theater" signature at the bottom and it will give more information regarding how they look and how they sound (once I get to play with them) as well as how I plan to mount them. Cheers all.

Old 10-12-2015, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 368 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Wow they do look great. Congrats!

Old 10-13-2015, 12:22 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rod#s View Post
wow they do look great. Congrats!
ditto!
Old 10-13-2015, 12:43 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks guys. I'm still working on all the things necessary to get them mounted and wired in so I've yet to do any serious listening but that will come soon.... Looking at the pictures taken on my phone camera (two above and more in my 'Hawaii Home Theater' thread) makes them look bad compared to what they look like in person. I kinda wish my other AA speakers had the same finish. They remind me a little of the Sapele wood I used in my theater so naturally I guess I would love them.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 16
as a long time aerial owner I was looking into getting a pair of 5T's, then I found out the price, yikes, I am sure there are lots of people willing to pay that much for a pair of bookshelfs, but not me, sooner or later a pair will come on the used market and I will try again.
Old 10-25-2015, 06:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Thanks guys. I'm still working on all the things necessary to get them mounted and wired in so I've yet to do any serious listening but that will come soon.... Looking at the pictures taken on my phone camera (two above and more in my 'Hawaii Home Theater' thread) makes them look bad compared to what they look like in person. I kinda wish my other AA speakers had the same finish. They remind me a little of the Sapele wood I used in my theater so naturally I guess I would love them.
How did you end up mounting your 5t's for Atmos effects?

Datasat + Aerial Acoustics = The cure for upgradeitis!

Current Equipment: Datasat LS10 w/ Atmos and DIRAC. Datasat RA7300, Aerial Acoustics LR5's (LCR), Aerial Acoustics LR3's (sides), RBH in-walls (rears), Seaton Submersive, Marantz VP15s1, 106" Carada BW screen, Oppo BDP-103.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:16 PM

There's a chance the 7CC's will start shipping in the next few weeks!
Old 10-27-2015, 11:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlynch View Post
How did you end up mounting your 5t's for Atmos effects?
I've run the wires and I've been prepping the wood but the 5T's are still in the process of getting mounted to the ceiling. I'll make sure I share some pics here once it's all done.
g_bartman likes this.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Are any of the new products on the Aerial website?

This ain't no party, this ain't no disco
Old 11-03-2015, 12:01 PM

7T's and 6T's are up there. The 5T's and 7CC are not yet up there.
Old 11-03-2015, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

The Aerial site is notoriously behind on new product. Currently 1/2 the products are discontinued. But exciting times are ahead. I am curious about the wall mounted 7T's and the wall mounted center and rears.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:53 PM

Got in touch with my local Aerial Acoustics dealer today. 7CC's are available in the same black or rosenut as the 7T/6T, $4495 MSRP. Approximately 24" x 9" x 12" . The 7CC wall mount is supposed to be "much wider and thinner". No pics yet.

Oh happy day!
Old 11-08-2015, 06:42 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Been testing the 7CC for a month now...

Now that Michael Kelly has announced the 7CC, everyone is in for a real treat. How do I know? Because I've had SN: 001 sitting on my home theater for about a month now (see pics for proof). I am working on a good write-up/review for everyone still (work has kept me swamped), but all I need to say right now is that it is a stunner. Not just the construction (mine is gloss rosenut to match my 6Ts), but the performance is stunning.

MTF on a write-up this week, sorry about the quality of the pics (really wanted to get back to Halo 5)...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5553.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	1046665   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5558.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	1046673   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5555.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	1046681  
Old 11-08-2015, 07:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachieh View Post
Now that Michael Kelly has announced the 7CC, everyone is in for a real treat. How do I know? Because I've had SN: 001 sitting on my home theater for about a month now (see pics for proof). I am working on a good write-up/review for everyone still (work has kept me swamped), but all I need to say right now is that it is a stunner. Not just the construction (mine is gloss rosenut to match my 6Ts), but the performance is stunning.

MTF on a write-up this week, sorry about the quality of the pics (really wanted to get back to Halo 5)...
WOW!!! Looks fantastic. The speaker connections on the back are interesting. Looking forward to your review.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:34 PM

Quote:

Thank you SO MUCH for the photos! I've been waiting and waiting for the 7CC ever since I brought my 7T's home, and I'm excited that it's now available.

I can't wait for your review. I've been making due with a mismatched speaker with a much different timbre. I so excited!!
Old 11-09-2015, 01:13 AM

Quote:

Is it ported? I didn't see ports in the pic, but I'd imagine it would be.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Please Michael Kelly make them available for Santa to pack on his sled.

Old 11-09-2015, 04:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:

Have you also heard the CC5 center channel speaker? I am wondering if there is a noticeable improvement. The CC5 will be difficult to improve on!

Datasat + Aerial Acoustics = The cure for upgradeitis!

Current Equipment: Datasat LS10 w/ Atmos and DIRAC. Datasat RA7300, Aerial Acoustics LR5's (LCR), Aerial Acoustics LR3's (sides), RBH in-walls (rears), Seaton Submersive, Marantz VP15s1, 106" Carada BW screen, Oppo BDP-103.
Old 11-09-2015, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Answering a few posts here in no particular order...

I have not heard the CC5, no basis of comparison with the 7CC. From what I'm told, much better than the CC5 in every way.

It's not ported at all.

Speaker connection on the back are the same types that are on the 6T and 7Ts.

This thing is heavy too!
Old 11-12-2015, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

New Aerial On-Wall/In-Wall Model 7 LCR

Hey, visiting my friends at Audio Video Therapy in New Hampshire and they had Michael at a Symphony NH event last night at the store and brought along a new surprise they are getting set up. The NEW Aerial 7LCR on-wall/in-wall speakers! They even got serial numbers 1 and 2.
Took some quick shots...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151112_153750.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	1053457   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151112_153810.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	1053465   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151112_153833.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	1053473   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151112_153849.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	1053481   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151112_153900.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	1053489  

Old 11-12-2015, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Interesting feature you can loosen the screws on the center tweeter section to make the speaker hang either vertically or horizontally. According to John at AV Therapy they are going to install 3 of the 7's below the movie screen in the High End Video room next week. He says they can play very loud and they sound like the 6T's. But I cant imagine anyone not using subs to cover the bottom. Pretty much SOP for HT. Price is $4495 ea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Energy Cc 5 Center Channel Speaker Black