Aerial Acoustics Owners Thread - Page 68 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 69Likes

post #2011 of 2020 Old 10-17-2016, 09:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RippyD View Post
Maybe and yes. Have a Yamaha sound bar I used in a small weekend house previously. Absolutely not great after having a CC3. I don't think the kids will car. May go with a small sub and tune it high to get male voices to sound decent. Or I could just go with TV speakers. It's for the kids. I haven't watched a movie in that room in 6 months. Not sure they really care.

May set up a small 2 channel system in my bedroom. Very limited space and I'll rarely be in the sweet spot for listening. So... could put the 5s on the wall, but don't see the point. Maybe go in wall? Maybe just call it what it is... ambient sound and go in ceiling? Dunno. No good options that I see. We have a Sonos speaker in the bedroom now that works for the wife. Absolutely abysmal sounding.
Why not keep the CC-3 as your soundbar. I use my center quite often when watching TV. Sure beats TV speakers. I tried a bedroom system years ago. Lasted about 3 months. The radio was good enough.
jdlynch likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2012 of 2020 Old 10-17-2016, 10:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by RippyD View Post
Hey guys, I'm moving on from HT for a while and getting rid of my Aerials. I'm sure I'm not supposed to sell here, but I wanted to let this group know first. If no interest I'll post on Buy/Sell and Audiogon. I'd rather not ship them, as in that will be a last resort, as in this is an opportunity for somebody local. Sub, 5s, CC3, LR3s, SR3s. No prices because I can't sell here. Ping me if you're near Portland, OR and we'll chat. i have plenty of storage in my house so it won't kill me to keep them either.

For the curious, the room I have for HT is terrible. And it's a multi-purpose room. And 3 teenagers at home. I'm not getting to use that HT they way I want to for a long time. Been doing HT for 20+ years, had Aerial for most of that time. Seems strange, but giving up my Aerials feels like a life change.
Which Aerial sub are you looking to move out?
Steve

Steve Douglas
McIntosh 8207
Anthem AVM-60
Aerial Acoustics 10T, CC3, 5 and dipole/bipole
Panasonic ZT 65
post #2013 of 2020 Old 10-17-2016, 01:46 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve544 View Post
Which Aerial sub are you looking to move out?
Steve
SW12 in cherry.

Rip
post #2014 of 2020 Old 10-17-2016, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A View Post
Why not keep the CC-3 as your soundbar. I use my center quite often when watching TV. Sure beats TV speakers. I tried a bedroom system years ago. Lasted about 3 months. The radio was good enough.
Could do that. No doubt it would sound better than most sound bars. But....

1. Kids. They won't appreciate it. And I already have a sound bar.
2. It's big. I had to customize a TV cabinet for it to fit. Once I change TVs it'll likely go on the wall. Sound bar is more manageable.
3. Kids again - how long before the damage it? Sound bar is far more durable, and I don't really care if they break it.

Rip
post #2015 of 2020 Old 10-17-2016, 02:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
I did this exact same thing with my old CC3 and a Bryston 7B I was no longer using. I set these up at my parents home. The CC3 fits perfectly beneath their 46" flat panel and sounds phenomenal!

Current Equipment: Datasat LS10 w/ Atmos and DIRAC. Datasat RA7300, Aerial Acoustics LR5's (LCR), Aerial Acoustics LR3's (sides), RBH in-walls (rears), Seaton Submersive, Marantz VP15s1, 106" Carada BW screen, Oppo BDP-103.
knobstoneaudio.com
post #2016 of 2020 Old 10-17-2016, 03:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlynch View Post
I did this exact same thing with my old CC3 and a Bryston 7B I was no longer using. I set these up at my parents home. The CC3 fits perfectly beneath their 46" flat panel and sounds phenomenal!
I'm a big fan of Film Noir Movies and old westerns. The center channel is perfect for those genre's. By the way how's your new setup?
post #2017 of 2020 Old 10-17-2016, 04:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I'm a big fan of Film Noir Movies and old westerns. The center channel is perfect for those genre's. By the way how's your new setup?
I'm enjoying it immensely. I feel like I've finally reached a point where I am totally satisfied with my system. I rarely visit the forums anymore as I don't feel the need to look for any improvement.

My next step will be to add overhead atmos speakers. It may be a while as we are looking to move into a new home soon.

Current Equipment: Datasat LS10 w/ Atmos and DIRAC. Datasat RA7300, Aerial Acoustics LR5's (LCR), Aerial Acoustics LR3's (sides), RBH in-walls (rears), Seaton Submersive, Marantz VP15s1, 106" Carada BW screen, Oppo BDP-103.
knobstoneaudio.com
post #2018 of 2020 Old 10-17-2016, 05:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
I'm enjoying it immensely. I feel like I've finally reached a point where I am totally satisfied with my system. I rarely visit the forums anymore as I don't feel the need to look for any improvement.

My next step will be to add overhead atmos speakers. It may be a while as we are looking to move into a new home soon.
Michael Kelly mentioned that Paradigm makes excellent speakers to fill in the surround sound. When the time comes you may want to look into their ceiling speakers. When he demoed his on wall speakers the rest of the atmos setup was all Paradigm. Sound was well integrated.
post #2019 of 2020 Old 10-17-2016, 05:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Michael Kelly mentioned that Paradigm makes excellent speakers to fill in the surround sound. When the time comes you may want to look into their ceiling speakers. When he demoed his on wall speakers the rest of the atmos setup was all Paradigm. Sound was well integrated.
Thanks, I'll definitely keep that in mind. I am considering looking for some model 5's and mounting them to the ceiling with brackets. I do also still need to purchase a pair of aerials for my back surrounds.

I'll probably wait to do anything until after we move and I build out my new theater.

knobstoneaudio.com
post #2020 of 2020 Old 10-18-2016, 02:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
I am considering looking for some model 5's and mounting them to the ceiling with brackets.
Hi jdlynch. It's pretty easy to make what you need. The 5t already comes with threaded blind holes at the bottom you can use to anchor these to the ceiling. You just need to make a wood plate which you can drill into. Check out the last few pages of my thread below. Works great and doesn't take that much time. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy Cc 5 Center Channel Speaker Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page