Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-29-2000, 05:22 AM - Thread Starter
Goi
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a pair of KEF C40s, and the enclosure for 1 of them seems to be loose. When reproducing loud, deep bass, there is evident distortion due to the "rattling" of the speaker cabinet. This is fixed if I press my palms on the 2 sides of the cabinet. There's no sign of external cosmetic damage, but the the affected speaker cabinet vibrates/rattles noticably more compared to the other speaker, I can feel the vibration when I put my hands on the sides of the speaker.

My question is, is there any way I can fix this, other than putting a clamp on the speaker to stop the vibration?(just kidding, I hope I don't need to do that!)

A64 2.5GHz, Chaintech VNF3-250, 2x512MB Kingmax DDR500, XFX 6800GT AGP, SB Audigy2 ZS, Seagate 250GB, SATA, Liteon 12X DVD burner, 16X DVD-ROM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-30-2000, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter
Goi
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I fixed it temporarily by tying a rope around the speaker, but it looks silly and ugly. Are there any permanent fixes?

A64 2.5GHz, Chaintech VNF3-250, 2x512MB Kingmax DDR500, XFX 6800GT AGP, SB Audigy2 ZS, Seagate 250GB, SATA, Liteon 12X DVD burner, 16X DVD-ROM.
Closed Thread Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page