AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drill Tap Hole In B&W To install??

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Ash Sharma 
#1 ·
I just recieved my LCR6 S2 B&W spekers which I want to use for my rear wall speakers in a 7 speaker set up. The way my room and cabling is positioned, I will have to install them in a horizontal position (like you would a center speaker). Th speakers have no arrangement on the back to hang them on the wall. I called the dealer today who informs me that he will get me a bracket. He would then DRILL TAP A HOLE n the back of the speakers and attach the bracket. He says they do it all the time, I say - does he know what he is doing?

Anyone has experience with this for any speakers?

Thanks in advance.

Ash

#2 ·
I've done this in the past with speakers with

no ill effects. You can buy these little brackets (or two piece mountings which require 3 small screws which I prefer). I've

never noticed any problems. My latest installation was done using ordary shelf brackets and velcro, but it's not pretty.

#3 ·
Can you give me a procedure to do this. I have bought this speaker from a store called Home Theater in Houston. Never seen such pathetic after sales service, they promised to get back to me on when they can get in a bracket but no news yet.

Another dealer told me that the bracket pair will cost 180 dollars - My speakers are 1000.

The speakers are to be hung horizontally, they are 32 pounds in weight.

Can you advise where I should get the hole drilled and where I can get brackets to hold them. I understand only one pair, one each would be needed.

Thanks,

Ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.