Comments on Definitive ProSub 100TL? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-01-2000, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am currently in the market for a new subwoofer and my local dealer has recommended this one. I listened to it briefly last night and while I honestly do not know what I am supposed to be listening for, it seemed like a decent performer. I currently have a Paradigm passive subwoofer which is quite boomy. It seems great for movies, but makes a mess on music. All I know is that I want something tighter for music, but still effective for movies.

My A/V receiver is a Marantz SR-7000. I have 2 Paradigm Monitor 5 floorstanding speakers for L/R, a Paradigm CC-350 for center, and just ordered 2 Paradigm Mini Monitors for rears (currently using Celestion 3 bookshelf speakers).

Any comments on the DefTech? Should I be listening to other brands in this price range?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-03-2001, 09:00 PM

Sorry for a late reply but I just caught your message when searching for Definitive Prosub.

Did you ever purchase a Definitive ProSub 100? I just picked one up to go with my Definitive(BP10,C1,BP1) and Marantz SR7000 system. Sounds like we have a similar setup.

All I can say is the ProSub 100 is the best sub I could find for the price. Nothing came close at even twice the price (JBL, M&K, Boston). Very tight and extended bass. Excellent on music (never boomy) and cinema (shakes the room). But don't take my word, go to your nearest dealer and do your own comparisons.

Good Luck
post #3 of 3 Old 01-04-2001, 12:24 PM

I feel that Def. Tech. subs provide a great value. I currently own two Def. Tech. PL15+ subs. They have worked out wonderfully for me, and the price was great! I didn't find anything around the same price that could match the Def. Tech. features and performance...
Closed Thread Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page