Bose Acoustimass AM-15 Part 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-08-2001, 05:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello again! first of all, thanks to everyone for the replyings about the subwoofer topic. I have another question: Is the Bose Acoustimass AM-15 sound better when playing a DVD than a music CD? I mean, is it normal to hear better sound from a DVD movie compared to a music CD? Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-08-2001, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Hello again! Alright hk29. I understand what you replied, and is very informative as well. The dilemma is which "task" the Bose system handles better. Is it Movie sound, or a music CD? About the music I hear, I am kind of eclectic, from classical (Mozart, Bach among others) to Genesis (old stuff) Yes, King Crimson (heavy bass by Tony Levin), and why not? Pantera, Tool, Black Sabbath, and lots of hardcore metal. I love Miles Davis also, Coltrane, etc etc. I love music and fidelity, but also movies with great sounds effects. Thanks for replying!
post #3 of 4 Old 01-08-2001, 09:27 PM

My experience with multi-channel CDs (DTS) and stereo CD is that it really depends on the recording. Multi-channel CDs or music can sound better than a stereo if done probably because it can better produce a 3D sound than from a two channel source. But I have heard a few CD in DTS that are a little distracting because they play either vocals or instruments in the rear which typically in a real concert you don't hear. (Movie soundtrack are a different story of course).

For tonal accuracy and liveliness, I tend to stay with CD for the time being. For transparency, imaging, and stage I lean towards a well recorded multi-channel track ...

Now that I said that, I need to put in a disclaimer ... a well recorded CD played on a good matched system ($$) will be able to match a well recorded multi-channel CD.

Okay you can disagree now ... tell us what you hear?

------------------
http://home.fuse.net/hjkim/
post #4 of 4 Old 01-09-2001, 05:24 AM

hmmm ... sorry, I missunderstood you ... not sure http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif

I think the Bose could handle both to the same degree.

------------------
http://home.fuse.net/hjkim/
Closed Thread Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page