***The Official Ascend Acoustics Sierra Thread*** - Page 108 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 11Likes
post #3211 of 3224 Old 01-19-2015, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
Liked: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by audio4life View Post
Well, don't bother calling or emailing them if you want some kind of response. I've called them(during their business hours) 7 times, and left 2 voicemail messages. I've emailed them twice as well, and haven't heard so much as a peep from them. I'm assuming that a) they are really busy right now, b) they've got a small staff that they've decided not to hire temps to help during sales/busy times.

I do think that they took my order somehow since I got an automated purchase order.
Curious, why do you need to talk to them if you ordered online? You call 7 times but only leave 2 messages? ADD or cellphoneitis? Hang in there, Dina can get pretty busy but she will take care of business....hiring temps in a small business environment don't often work well, IME, can actually set you further back. This is not a large organization you're dealing with....give them a break instead of having them worry why some guy hung up on them 5 times without leaving a message?

"I realize that somebody playing free music isn't as commercial as a hamburger stand. But is it because you can eat a hamburger and hold it in your hand and you can't do that with music? Is it too free to control?" - Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart) discussing commercial success in the music biz

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3212 of 3224 Old 01-19-2015, 08:26 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Well, don't bother calling or emailing them if you want some kind of response. I've called them(during their business hours) 7 times, and left 2 voicemail messages. I've emailed them twice as well, and haven't heard so much as a peep from them. I'm assuming that a) they are really busy right now, b) they've got a small staff that they've decided not to hire temps to help during sales/busy times.

I do think that they took my order somehow since I got an automated purchase order.
I left a voicemail at about 3 PM Eastern today. Got a call back from Dina at around 7:30 PM and promptly spent a large chunk of my paycheck.
post #3213 of 3224 Old 01-19-2015, 08:57 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post
Curious, why do you need to talk to them if you ordered online? You call 7 times but only leave 2 messages? ADD or cellphoneitis? Hang in there, Dina can get pretty busy but she will take care of business....hiring temps in a small business environment don't often work well, IME, can actually set you further back. This is not a large organization you're dealing with....give them a break instead of having them worry why some guy hung up on them 5 times without leaving a message?
Give them a break? I gave them a large chunk of my money, and then wanted some clarification, that's not being unreasonable. I didn't hang up on them 5 times, they failed to pick up a call 7 times. Not sure why you're interrogating me, but maybe you should give it a break. At any rate, I left the 2 messages today a little after 11:30 am PST, and never got any response, while I see hoyalawya left a message around the same time. I will just chalk it up to it is what it is and wait for my shipment.
post #3214 of 3224 Old 01-19-2015, 10:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Just saying lighten up....relax, don't mean to rile you further. Did they actually charge you and you don't have shipping details? Sometimes you can get general details clarified here, too. Today was a federal holiday....and they've called me beyond normal working hours before, too. They don't have perfect customer service but they do have excellent customer service at the same time if that makes sense....time rushed people may not get instant satisfaction. I've had to wait a bit before, too in my several times ordering from them. Nothing out of the ordinary really, just depends on consumer expectations sometimes.

ps Didn't CES just happen also?

"I realize that somebody playing free music isn't as commercial as a hamburger stand. But is it because you can eat a hamburger and hold it in your hand and you can't do that with music? Is it too free to control?" - Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart) discussing commercial success in the music biz

Last edited by lovinthehd; 01-19-2015 at 10:41 PM.
post #3215 of 3224 Old 01-19-2015, 11:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post
Just saying lighten up....relax, don't mean to rile you further. Did they actually charge you and you don't have shipping details? Sometimes you can get general details clarified here, too. Today was a federal holiday....and they've called me beyond normal working hours before, too. They don't have perfect customer service but they do have excellent customer service at the same time if that makes sense....time rushed people may not get instant satisfaction. I've had to wait a bit before, too in my several times ordering from them. Nothing out of the ordinary really, just depends on consumer expectations sometimes.

ps Didn't CES just happen also?
Look, I appreciate that you're a big fan of theirs, and that is fine, but I'm not going to share my specific details(charges, shipping details, etc) with you and the world that is this forum. I am simply trying out a new internet brand and posting about my experience. I've ordered many things on line so I know what to expect.
post #3216 of 3224 Old 01-20-2015, 01:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Look, I appreciate that you're a big fan of theirs, and that is fine, but I'm not going to share my specific details(charges, shipping details, etc) with you and the world that is this forum. I am simply trying out a new internet brand and posting about my experience. I've ordered many things on line so I know what to expect.

audio4life,

Thanks for getting your order in and we do sincerely apologize for the delays. We have been swamped and it has been taking us a bit longer than usual to call customers back, and yes -- today (Monday) is a holiday. That said, you have not been charged and your request for changing your order has been received and we are just waiting for your confirmation at this point (please check your email).

Thanks again!

David Fabrikant

audio professional and soft spoken representative of www.AscendAcoustics.com

post #3217 of 3224 Old 01-20-2015, 09:45 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 22
One piece of info that I got from the call yesterday is that the Sierra 2 can be placed in cabinets and/or very close to the wall without the need of port-plug kit like the Sierra 1. I was sold after hearing that. Anyone tried listening to Sierra 2 in cabinets or very close to the wall?
audio4life likes this.
post #3218 of 3224 Old 01-20-2015, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Liked: 612
Quote:
So did you find your email? I understand the call and call thing with Ascend, email is the same. You have to keep in mind that Dina is the one fielding the calls and responding to email (the only person I have worked with during the 7 years I've done business with them), they operate on Pacific time, and once they crank up its about noon on the east coast. That said I have gotten many calls from Dina after hours (based on where I live), usually the same day or next, but if they are busy it can take a few days. As you just experienced, sometimes Dave responds quicker via AVS. Like a few other speaker ID companies, he is regular visitor and its great to have his input on this thread/forum.
I would rather have to wait a day or so to get a response and save money. Ascend definitely puts the $ into production. Good luck with the audition, I'm confident you'll keep them

Panasonic 60VT60 (cal by DNice)
Denon 5200 w/ Outlaw 2200 Amps (3)
Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s F/R & Horizon w/ RAAL Center; Sierra 1s Surrounds; DefTech PM1000 Fronts, Ascend HTM-200s Top Middle and PSB S5 Rear Surrounds; Dual SVS subs
Oppo 103; Onkyo HD-DVD; Apple TV & Roku Stick
Atmos arrived on 9/30/2014
post #3219 of 3224 Old 01-20-2015, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Liked: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyalawya View Post
One piece of info that I got from the call yesterday is that the Sierra 2 can be placed in cabinets and/or very close to the wall without the need of port-plug kit like the Sierra 1. I was sold after hearing that. Anyone tried listening to Sierra 2 in cabinets or very close to the wall?
Yes - both Sierra 1s with the port plugs and now Sierra 2s without. They sound great and only have enough room from the wall to keep the speaker terminals from touching it - the wall is corrugated steel - which serves as the backing in a custom made cabinet I made prior to the start of my serious a/v addiction. See the picture below, I have since done a little work on the cabinet so they could be moved down one shelf lower and remain vertical.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Unknown.jpeg
Views:	60
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	490626  
hoyalawya likes this.

Panasonic 60VT60 (cal by DNice)
Denon 5200 w/ Outlaw 2200 Amps (3)
Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s F/R & Horizon w/ RAAL Center; Sierra 1s Surrounds; DefTech PM1000 Fronts, Ascend HTM-200s Top Middle and PSB S5 Rear Surrounds; Dual SVS subs
Oppo 103; Onkyo HD-DVD; Apple TV & Roku Stick
Atmos arrived on 9/30/2014
post #3220 of 3224 Old 01-20-2015, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Seems they've gotten back to you so glad they're on top of your situation.

Not all online ordering is created equal. Just because its online doesn't define it any more than saying all B&M stores offer the same level of service.

post #3221 of 3224 Old 01-20-2015, 03:41 PM
Advanced Member

Thank you.

Last edited by audio4life; 01-20-2015 at 04:29 PM.
post #3222 of 3224 Old 01-20-2015, 07:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyalawya View Post
So they phoned you back on the holiday. That's pretty good service.
post #3223 of 3224 Unread Today, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 81
A really good face off I think would be the Sierra 2 vs Kef R300,..that's the Superbowl match up in the middle weight monitors.
post #3224 of 3224 Unread Today, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 115
No RBH sx-61/r?

Panny 65st60 / Denon X1000 / EMP e55ti / EMP e56ci / EMP e5bi / (2) e1010i
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags