***The Official Ascend Acoustics Sierra Thread*** - Page 112 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 50Likes
post #3331 of 3338 Unread Yesterday, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I've been enjoying the Sierra 2's for a few months. I can't recommend them enough. Also, the Ascend stands that fit the other bookshelf speakers make for a great fit and presentation of the speaker. I also ordered the Sierra 1 center to use for h/t use to save some money, but it did not match the 2's too well, so I ordered the 2 center channel. Unfortunately the 2 that arrived had blemishes and scratches and Ascend has been a class act on how they are dealing with it. The Sierra 2 center is a much better speakers than the 1 center.

PS. WARNING. If anyone is going to use a VTI center channel stand with these speakers, be very careful. I had rubber pads installed in four different spots on the VTI and even with that, last night I heard a loud thump which was the Sierra 2 sliding off the stand. Damaged the speaker in two spots on the rear and cracked my floor. What I had to do as a remedy was to drill a hole on the back of the top plate of the VTI and put a bracket to hold the speaker in place. I hope this is not going to be an issue with Ascend since the speaker was being returned anyway because it was blemished to begin with. Sometimes luck or lack there of gets the best of us.

I'll post a follow up next week, but so far, the sound is lovely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3332 of 3338 Unread Yesterday, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member

post #3333 of 3338 Unread Yesterday, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1181 Post(s)
Liked: 1560
Quote:
Originally Posted by neekos View Post
I've been enjoying the Sierra 2's for a few months. I can't recommend them enough. Also, the Ascend stands that fit the other bookshelf speakers make for a great fit and presentation of the speaker. I also ordered the Sierra 1 center to use for h/t use to save some money, but it did not match the 2's too well, so I ordered the 2 center channel. Unfortunately the 2 that arrived had blemishes and scratches and Ascend has been a class act on how they are dealing with it. The Sierra 2 center is a much better speakers than the 1 center.

PS. WARNING. If anyone is going to use a VTI center channel stand with these speakers, be very careful. I had rubber pads installed in four different spots on the VTI and even with that, last night I heard a loud thump which was the Sierra 2 sliding off the stand. Damaged the speaker in two spots on the rear and cracked my floor. What I had to do as a remedy was to drill a hole on the back of the top plate of the VTI and put a bracket to hold the speaker in place. I hope this is not going to be an issue with Ascend since the speaker was being returned anyway because it was blemished to begin with. Sometimes luck or lack there of gets the best of us.

I'll post a follow up next week, but so far, the sound is lovely.
Try using a putty like Blu-Tack on stands, holds well even at an angle....
cschang likes this.
post #3334 of 3338 Unread Yesterday, 07:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks, but the bracket I installed is more of a permanent fix.
post #3335 of 3338 Unread Yesterday, 08:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Neekos, I wonder if you could relate your experience, when you got your Sierra 2 speakers, did the rubber isolation pads(for the speaker bottom) and the company logos stickers come with each speaker?
post #3336 of 3338 Unread Today, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

The rubber isolation pads did come with the speakers but no logos for any of the speaker grills. Only the Ascend tag on the back of the speakers
post #3337 of 3338 Unread Today, 01:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Okay, thanks. I'm not even sure now if a company logo for the grills is included at all.
post #3338 of 3338 Unread Today, 04:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by audio4life View Post
Okay, thanks. I'm not even sure now if a company logo for the grills is included at all.
My pair of Sierra Horizons w/ RAAL ribbon tweeters arrived a little over a week ago with isolation pads, test sheets and a copy of the invoice. No grill logos, warranty cards or owner's manuals were included.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Ascend Acoustics , Acoustics