***The Official Ascend Acoustics Sierra Thread*** - Page 115 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 73Likes
post #3421 of 3428 Unread 08-22-2015, 09:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Are the Sierra Towers more comparable to the Songtowers with RAAL or the Supercharged ST's?...not trying to start a war, but curious as these are 2 i'm debating on auditioning at home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3422 of 3428 Unread 08-22-2015, 03:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by mits4me View Post
I've called them 4 or 5 times in the last couple of weeks and someone has picked up and answered all my questions every time.
I'm not sure why you would respond to a post from 8 months and several pages ago.

If you now go back to that page and look around, you will understand why the issue arose(they were in the middle of a big sale and were swamped with orders), and that it was responded to by Ascend. They even sent me some extra items free of charge.
post #3423 of 3428 Unread 08-22-2015, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I apologize audio4life. I've been reading so many threads on various topics with several tabs open that I didn't realize they had responded. I was just giving my recent impression with them in case someone was deterred from contacting them or giving them a shot.
post #3424 of 3428 Unread 08-26-2015, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Anybody used the Sierra 2's nearfieldish?
they still hold up pretty well?
post #3425 of 3428 Unread 08-31-2015, 12:13 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrbington View Post
Anybody used the Sierra 2's nearfieldish?
they still hold up pretty well?
From what I've read on the Ascend Forum, they work very well nearfield. From my own experience I would say they sound good from about every angle and distance. The sound doesn't seem to change significantly. I would go for it.
post #3426 of 3428 Unread 08-31-2015, 08:59 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I had been waiting forever for them to go on sale again (mass drop) and when they finally do i can't afford em. frustration. my studio 20's will have to carry on a while longer. SOMEDAY. I guess the wait will make them all the more sweet.
post #3427 of 3428 Unread 08-31-2015, 11:41 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 65
I have always wanted to hear the Sierra-2 in person, unfortunately, I was not able to find a place to audition in Silicon Valley and schedule conflicts of my previous trips down to So Cal also prevent me from directly auditioning them at Ascend's facility...until today...

Had a last minute postponement from my client and all the sudden I find myself with a free afternoon so I gave Dina a call and she worked her magic to schedule me in for a late afternoon demo session...

I was able to meet both Dave and Dina, demo the Sierra-2 with RAAL and Sierra Tower with NrT, Dina & Dave also allowed me to take a peek into their work shop and show me a few finishes of both US made and Chinese made cabinets

It is one of the best bookshelf speakers I have ever heard in any price point, the RAAL really is something amazing

I can honestly say, I doubt you will find a better pair of speaker in the sub $3,000 category and I have auditioned so many pair of speakers in the past 9 month
(KEF LS50, R300, Monitor Audio GX100, Focal 906, Sonus Faber Venere 2.0, Paradigm Studio 20, B&W CM6S2, and a few others which I can't recall right now)

The only ones I think can give Sierra-2 the run for the money are B&W 805 Diamond and Totem Element Fire...

I am still gather my thoughts, but since massdrop is about to end..so for those of you on the fence about Sierra-2 GO FOR IT BEFORE MASSDROP ENDS TONIGHT
TKNice likes this.

HT Setup - Sony KDS-55A3000, Marantz SR8002, Monitor Audio GS60, GSLCR, GSFX & Martin Logan Descent
2 Channel Setup - B&W 805 Diamond, Bluesound Vault, Mapletree Audio Line 2C RM, Aragon 2004 MKII
Alternative 2 Channel Setup - KEF LS50, Marantz SA-15S1, Marantz PM-15S1 & Martin Logan Depth
post #3428 of 3428 Unread Today, 12:17 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I'm having to sell my Sierra 1's, due to some WAF issues.
Anyway, I have them listed in the classified section here if anyone might be interested. Current price is $650 shipped - LCR set.
PM me with any questions.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Ascend Acoustics , Acoustics