***The Official Ascend Acoustics Sierra Thread*** - Page 135 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 228Likes

post #4021 of 4023 Old Today, 01:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post
Do you already have a sub (make/model)? Do you like bass heavy music genres? If so, might be better to use a sub with the Sierra 2s for the same budget. Otherwise, the towers make sense to me
i think some of the music we listen to might fall in the "bass heavy" category, but certainly under 20% overall.
don't have a sub and would prefer to avoid getting one for as long as possible, even though this is likely to turn into 5.1 eventually down the road.
i would like speakers that would "fill" our living space with sound, if that makes sense, not just a great HT experience in the MLP.

i hope i got all the terms right - i've been trying to read a lot, but am only getting overwhelmed with info...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4022 of 4023 Old Today, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For that size room, it sounds like the towers (and Horizon for center) would work best for you.

I posted this link in another thread where the OP's situation is somewhat opposite of yours. The link is to a thread on the Ascend forum, that might be worthwhile for you to check out.
You don't need the speakers that poster has (custom vertical Horizons), you can basically substitute the Towers. The implication as far as output is similar. I have about a 14'x14' (opening to larger room)x 7.5' room and the Sierra 2's fill it well. Because I have problems integrating a sub in the room, I'm toying with the idea of stepping up to towers and a horizon center- but I can also easily envision where that will be overkill (and at nearly 3x the cost, likely not worth it) since my listening point is between 7'-10' from each speaker (HT only, so it's a fixed point).
The towers definitely sound more up your alley.
post #4023 of 4023 Old Today, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
@Paulidan XM
thanks for the link - good read
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Ascend Acoustics , Acoustics