***The Official Ascend Acoustics Sierra Thread*** - Page 158 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 504Likes
post #4711 of 4713 Unread Yesterday, 06:12 PM
Hype Addict

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 216
To put it more directly. To me, the Sierra-2 is the more impressive speaker compared to the RAAL Tower, even though the RAAL Tower is decidedly the better speaker. Some might disagree, but at least to me, given the size difference, what impresses me most is just how close the bookshelf comes to the tower despite all it's disadvantages.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4712 of 4713 Unread Yesterday, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I appreciate your comments. You own Ascend both towers and Sierra 2 and are much more knowledgeable than I am. Nonetheless, I stand by my perspective. Based on his original post, the way he listens and the size of the room he is going to want towers. He should start there. If the towers give him the extra SQ he is looking for in music (which I suspect they will) he can fill out the rest of his system. If not Ascend is not for him and he can send them back. I also think this approach gives him more flexibility in how he builds out his system. The Horizon is not inexpensive, he would have the option of not using Sierras in the back possibly using 170s or HTM and using the extra cash for Horizon or subs.
post #4713 of 4713 Unread Today, 05:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Once you start down the RAAL path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Ascend Acoustics , Acoustics