***The Official Ascend Acoustics Sierra Thread*** - Page 160 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 522Likes
post #4771 of 4773 Unread 03-24-2017, 09:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 27
It's been almost three months since I received by Sierra Towers (w/ RAAL) and I've had a lot of listening time with them (at this point they're fully broken-in...I noticed improvement until about 20 hours, no change afterwards).
I am very happy with them in my stereo-only setup (a mixture of old and new devices for inputs, amplification, etc.). The sound is very neutral and the frequency response is excellent (well, as good as my 60+ year old ears can hear at the upper end, and I have a nice PSA sub for the very bottom end) -- it appears to be as razor sharp as the chart that came with the speakers indicates.

I chose these over a number of other top brands (B&W, Focal, Golden Ear, Revel, etc.) and I had the opportunity to listen to them all in my listening space and compare them pair-wise. While I thought the Sierras sounded better than any of the others (although it was very close in the case of a couple of other speakers), given that they were less expensive than any of the competitors I listened to they were a fairly easy choice.

I would recommend them highly to others thinking about speakers in the $2,000-$4,000 range -- or at least give them an audition as we all hear differently.
jpco likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4772 of 4773 Unread Yesterday, 09:48 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 38
i had 340se , now on klipsch 280, need some fronts for another room

how the sierra 2 compare to above ? how about turning them up to 90-100db ?
post #4773 of 4773 Unread Today, 04:20 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Ordered a set of Lunas for surround duty!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Ascend Acoustics , Acoustics