***The Official Ascend Acoustics Sierra Thread*** - Page 164 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 548Likes

post #4891 of 4898 Old 08-14-2017, 08:02 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by woster402 View Post
Went ahead and ordered a pair of Sierra 1s for surrounds. I was really tempted to get another pair of Luna's but at the end of the day, I ended up with the 1s due to cost and availability.
Wow your using Luna's as mains, how's that working out? How's the sound from those babies? What center do you have? I'm thinking of in the future going up Sierra 2s for mains and center, and Luna's for surrounds.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4892 of 4898 Old 08-14-2017, 08:18 PM
MaHawkma

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfieldjames View Post
Wow your using Luna's as mains, how's that working out? How's the sound from those babies? What center do you have? I'm thinking of in the future going up Sierra 2s for mains and center, and Luna's for surrounds.

I'm not using Luna's as mains in my HT setup. I have a pair I use for my desktop. I picking up the 1s compliment the LCR Sierra 2s I just picked up. With that being said, the Luna's paired with a L12 are freaking awesome in my desktop setup.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
HT Set-up: Yamaha RX-A2060; Ascend Acoustics LCR and Luna surrounds; Rythmik LV12R
Desktop Set-up: Yamaha RX-A730; Ascend Acoustics Luna's; Polk TL1 Center; Rythmik L12
post #4893 of 4898 Old 08-15-2017, 03:10 PM
MaHawkma

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Ok, I caved. I had emailed Ascend asking if they had any espresso Luna cabinets left. Well, Dave replied they did so I called this afternoon and upgraded my order to Luna's. Pray for me. It's possible by this time next week my wife may have castrated me. 😄

post #4894 of 4898 Old 08-15-2017, 03:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Quoted: 1448 Post(s)
Liked: 1558
Quote:
Ok, I caved. I had emailed Ascend asking if they had any espresso Luna cabinets left. Well, Dave replied they did so I called this afternoon and upgraded my order to Luna's. Pray for me. It's possible by this time next week my wife may have castrated me. 😄
You won't regret done that, believe me.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
Media Room: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, Horizon w/ RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE (x2) | Emotiva XMC-1 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 | Oppo 105D | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony HW40ES |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac|
Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz NR1606 | Emotiva XPA-200 Gen 2 | Samsung UN50JU6500 |
post #4895 of 4898 Old 08-15-2017, 03:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I know the feeling, we all get that in this hobby. If I have another box with speakers show up at the door I will probably be living in that box with the speakers!
post #4896 of 4898 Old 08-15-2017, 10:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfieldjames View Post
I know the feeling, we all get that in this hobby. If I have another box with speakers show up at the door I will probably be living in that box with the speakers!
The trick for me is to try to build in pieces. Limit the size of any individual purchase, and space them out. I have this long list of planned upgrades in (relatively) small pieces. Next up is a new HT sub, probably next summer. That'll be slightly tricky as space is an issue, but I think a Rythmik L12 should do the trick.

Upgrading the HT mains to Sierra towers isn't on the list for while—that's gonna be a really hard sell since that'll be $2k all in one hit. Ugh.

Study: Schiit Bifrost Multibit -> Yamaha A-S500 -> Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1 NrT/Emotiva S8
Living Room HT: Oppo BDP-83 -> Denon 3808i -> PSB Image 4T/8C/S50/SubSonic5
Office: Schiit Modi 2 Uber -> NAD C740 -> Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1
Bedroom: Onkyo TX-8050 -> PSB Image 1B/Yamaha YST-SW215
post #4897 of 4898 Old Yesterday, 07:46 AM

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Well, I guess be happy she doesn't cut off your ears. Now that would be ironic.

Video: Panasonic AE8000u w/Anamorphic Lens & 130" 2.35:1 CIH
Audio: Marantz SR7010 / XPA-3 / UPA-7 Sources: Nvidia Shield / Xbox One
7. Ascend Acoustics Sierra-2 (L R C), Emotiva UAC-8.2 (side), ERD-1s (rear)
2. Subs: SVS PC-2000 & eD A3-300 12" / Sensory: Aura Pro Bass Shakers
4 Ascend Acoustics HTM-200SE for Atmos/DTS:X
Theater Pics / Desktop
post #4898 of 4898 Old Yesterday, 08:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunByrne View Post
The trick for me is to try to build in pieces. Limit the size of any individual purchase, and space them out. I have this long list of planned upgrades in (relatively) small pieces. Next up is a new HT sub, probably next summer. That'll be slightly tricky as space is an issue, but I think a Rythmik L12 should do the trick.

Upgrading the HT mains to Sierra towers isn't on the list for while—that's gonna be a really hard sell since that'll be $2k all in one hit. Ugh.
I agree that's how I bought my current home theater. I bought 2 speakers at a time, surrounds first, then mains and finally center and then sub. Took about a year to do that. I had other speakers I was replacing as I went along so I always had a 5.1 system, just replaced each part in steps as you suggested. I have to say the speakers I have not really sound awesome, really really great. Just looking to the future and taking a very large leap up in sound quality.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Ascend Acoustics , Acoustics

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page