Advice for a 5.0 HT speaker system (no sub)? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-24-2007, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After years of living in houses, I recently moved into my first apartment on the top floor of a 3rd floor building. I need to get new speakers and was looking at some 5.1 speakers but came across a thread that talked about possibly bothering downstairs neighbors with the subwoofer. Now I don't play my stuff too loud but I don't want to take any chance of making my new neighbors mad.

So now I'm looking to see what I can do with a 5.0 system which I assume means bookshelf speakers. The center channel speaker though has to be very low because my new TV stand only allows about 5 1/2" of center speaker height. It's probably my ears but I guess I don't have the best, so the speakers don't have to be the best quality ones out there, just something decent.

Everybody asks budget so since I was looking at something like the Polk RM6750's for @$299, I'd have to say my budget is $300-400.

What recommendations are there for that price range or lower?

P.S. I have cash so would like to find someplace local I could buy them (Houston) but can probably work something out if mail order is the only way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-24-2007, 12:37 PM

What about Athenas? I think you can get a pair of thier B1.2's for 299, and the center speaker (C1.2) for 149.99.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-25-2007, 05:35 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks but the center speaker is too tall. My TV stand allows 5 1/2" max. height. Thanks for the reply. I replied in another thread (http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=850469) so will use that thread now.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page