post #3451 of 3895 Old 09-05-2011, 09:51 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sac8d4 View Post

You should be able to use any kind of adhesive that will allow joining to dissimilar materials (such as rubber and aluminum)

Awesome advice, worked great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3452 of 3895 Old 09-06-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post

Thanks jon, lookin forward to gettin these guys fixed up. my denon 2311 shouldnt have been sending them a terrible signal, and i wasnt much over reference, but must have just been the wrong scene at the wrong time.

I've experimented with these speakers in many ways and up against other leading speakers of the same time period that the 6.1's were originally introduced. The Denon 3311 will show you some improvement from the 2311. This is from my personal experience I didn't see any change in performance going from the 3311 to a Solid State amp. And this was across the board with every speaker tested. The Denon is solid in it's output VS the Emotiva home audio and Behringer pro amps used.

But Jon said a curious thing to me after I received the speakers "that they need power". So I figure instead of high watts with low current which is typical of SS amps, I needed to switch to low watts and high current. Convinced this was the solution to the 6.1's problem I installed my 845 and 350 Tube amps for switching inbetween......and the 6.1's opened up in ways that I didn't know they would. Great detail and clarity plus a 3D sound stage which is unbelievable from a speaker costing that little. Always remember that with good speakers and proper amplification you truly hear things deep inside the music that you hadn't known there before.

Each of the speakers tested had their strong points and weaks ones even the 6.1's had their weak points but won out in the overall testing.

So good luck with the replacement parts and getting your speaker up and running again.
post #3453 of 3895 Old 09-06-2011, 01:28 PM

Just wait until you hear these bad boys (6.1's) with all tube electronics. As noted above with tube amps, yes, that is very true of tube electronics in general. However, I once heard these hooked up to Audio Research tube electronics and was floored, literally. I would agree they can provide a crystal clear sound stage which is well beyond what should be available at this price point. With the A/R tube electronics, the 6.1's had a realism, rhythm, pacing, macro and micro dynamic shading, three dimensiona "body" to the music, that was quite shocking. To be honest, I felt like I had $20,000 speakers I was listening to and that is no joke.

I have similar sonic revelations when I hook up my MESA Baron tube amp to them. At times, I have heard them sound so real they hit that venerable "goosebump" territory.

It has been quite some time since I was able to have my MESA hooked up to them, however. Unfortunate, but nonetheless, I know what they are capable of and driven by superb electronics, well beyond the 6.1's usual equipment price range they would be used with, they can provide a pure sonic joy that is extremely surprising.

There is much more they can emote than what one would otherwise believe.
post #3454 of 3895 Old 09-06-2011, 06:42 PM

hey swan owners. I have always been curious about swan speakers but have never really considered them til now. I realize that what I am about to ask is an odd comparison, but I need input from those who know.

I am considering the swan diva 6.2, hivi swan 2.6 and hivi swan F4. I realize the 2.6 and F4 are more expensive and probably not even comparable to the diva's due to being in a different class of speaker, but how different are they? I have read as much as I can about the 2.6 and F4, and of course there are nothing but glowing results about the diva's here, but I need an actual comparison...if such a thing can be done easily.

the room they will be used in is 22'x30'x9'. I will be using an onkyo 1009 and emotiva (or sherbourn depending on actual release of the 7-350) amps. I will most likely be pairing a swan center with whatever I choose and keeping the surrounds that I have. any advice is appreciated. thanks.
post #3455 of 3895 Old 09-07-2011, 08:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 392
^^^ As you have noted, hard to compare. I know the 2.6HT well, we have them here set up, any of the Diva's series are not even close. The 2.6 can be driven harder and longer. Here is a review from a forum member here with pictures >>> Click Here . The base, mid, and treble will be far better due to the line array. Bring in a custom calibrator like Chad B >>> Click Here and he will make any sound system far better with the right receiver or pre-pro.
post #3456 of 3895 Old 09-07-2011, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by henbone11 View Post
I am considering the swan diva 6.2, hivi swan 2.6 and hivi swan F4. I realize the 2.6 and F4 are more expensive and probably not even comparable to the diva's due to being in a different class of speaker, but how different are they?
One of the primary differences is class of distribution. Diva is vended through the ID channel and we've co-designed and supported the line going on twelve years. Upthread you can see how they do for a few of the thousands of users.

The other models are brick and mortar models, although Swan's last official reference to the F4 was four years ago. The 2.6 is partial linesource and requires fairly special placement in a suitable room to sound integrated and musical. Obviously they're expensive and aimed at high average output levels.

Quote:
I have read as much as I can about the 2.6 and F4, and of course there are nothing but glowing results about the diva's here, but I need an actual comparison...if such a thing can be done easily.
PM us for more info, especially on the 2.6 and the Diva series. As importers and design partners for some models we've been associated with the brand since the mid nineties in one capacity or another.

Jon Lane
The Audio Insider
post #3457 of 3895 Old 09-07-2011, 12:12 PM

thank you for your impressions Chris and Jon. I still have much reading to do and at least 3 months before I actually buy anything. gives me time to try and have a listen. finding anything in indiana is a huge PITA, so I may take a driver over to cleveland. 7 hour drive seems like quite the PITA as well though.
post #3458 of 3895 Old 09-10-2011, 09:10 AM
Advanced Member

Hi all,

Thinking of selling my Swan setup to build a DIY set. Any estimates what I should get for:

2x Diva 5.1 (BC)
2x Diva R3 (BC)
Diva C3 (Rosewood)

Thanks for any input you may have!
post #3459 of 3895 Old 09-10-2011, 10:00 PM

I have a few questions. I've read thru most of this thread but it is quite long so please forgive me if these questions have already been answered here. Are the M6005Fs bi-ampable? Would the F2.2Fs be suitable for a room of 3300 to 3500 cuft? And what finishes are the F2.2Fs available in here in the states or more specifically can they be had in piano black?

Michael
post #3460 of 3895 Old 09-10-2011, 10:59 PM

Liked: 12
The M6005s are bi -ampable

The F2.2s are avaialble in Piano Black, just not sure if that is the case stateside

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykyll2727 View Post

I have a few questions. I've read thru most of this thread but it is quite long so please forgive me if these questions have already been answered here. Are the M6005Fs bi-ampable? Would the F2.2Fs be suitable for a room of 3300 to 3500 cuft? And what finishes are the F2.2Fs available in here in the states or more specifically can they be had in piano black?

Michael

"Without music life would be a mistake." -Friedrich Nietzsche

post #3461 of 3895 Old 09-10-2011, 11:20 PM

Thanks for the info. I'm very interested in the 2.2s. The rosewood looks beautiful but for a variety of reasons I'd like a darker finish. Black is perfect. I saw they were available in black in the German review I just couldn't determine if I could get black here. If anyone knows for certain I'd love to know.
post #3462 of 3895 Old 09-11-2011, 08:42 AM

Liked: 12
There are a few different dealers in the US and I am sure that most of them can get you any model in the finish you want... you willl have to reach out to them. Depending on your location one of them maybe able to save you money on shipping those monsters to you.

http://www.swanshometheater.com/
http://trax-audio.com/
https://www.audiosoundusa.com/
https://www.clevelandplasma.com/ ( active memmber of this forum)

"Without music life would be a mistake." -Friedrich Nietzsche

post #3463 of 3895 Old 09-11-2011, 10:16 AM

sac8d4_Thanks for the links!!! I truly appreciate it. I live in Las Vegas and there's no place here that I can get them. I'll contact them all on pricing and colors. My thanks again.

Michael
post #3464 of 3895 Old 09-12-2011, 05:12 PM

I spoke to Chris at Cleveland Plasma over the weekend. Great guy to talk to!!! Very friendly, helpful, and supportive. He gratiously answered my many (and I'm sure he found many of them silly) questions thoroughly and frankly. He even emailed me several links for further reference so I would have all of the info I needed. A very refreshing and terrifically positive experience. I WILL be doing business with him in the very near future and I'm really looking forward to it. I've decided on the F2.2s in rosewood. He can get black for me but the extra cost just isn't worth it to me. The wife will just have to get used to them. Anyway I love the look of the rosewood finish.
post #3465 of 3895 Old 09-16-2011, 06:04 PM

Hi everyone.
I am planning on purchasing the Swan 6.2F fronts, 5.2c center, and 4.2r rears for use as highs and wides when I buy the new Pioneer SC-LX85 amp next month. My question/concern is that the Pioneer amp boasts 190 watts ICE power per channel but the Swan rears are rated at 10-80 watts power handling and the center is rated 10-100 watts.
As a relatively AV ignorant person can anyone comment as to whether there is a concern regarding the power of the amp being too much for the speakers and blowing them. There is no problem with the 6.2 fronts as they are rated to 200 watts.
I'm assuming there is no problem as the demo Onkyo amp most probably would have been rated higher than 80 watts per channel and those rear speakers were kicking Michael Bay's Armageddon rear!
But would like to have some confirmation opinions before I buy them and have to downgrade my amp choice.
Any help much appreciated.
Kane
post #3466 of 3895 Old 09-16-2011, 06:09 PM

Sorry about the Cleveland typo, Chris. Didn't mean to imply that you are Cleaving Plasmas.
Kane
post #3467 of 3895 Old 09-16-2011, 08:22 PM

Hi all,

Unfortunately, I haven't got any compelling Swan speakers... just a set of Swan M10's which broke today. I'm pretty heartbroken, loved those speakers. I was wondering if anyone on this forum might be able to pinpoint the problem and help me fix it.

All of the speakers work, the sub works, but there's nothing coming out of the left speaker-out port. I.e., both speakers work fine when connected to the "right-speaker-out" port, but neither one has sound when connected to the "left-speaker-out" port. Any ideas on what the problem might be, or how to fix it?

Warranty ran out about six days ago.
post #3468 of 3895 Old 09-17-2011, 05:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simanick View Post

Unfortunately, I haven't got any compelling Swan speakers... just a set of Swan M10's which broke today. I'm pretty heartbroken, loved those speakers. I was wondering if anyone on this forum might be able to pinpoint the problem and help me fix it.

Warranty ran out about six days ago.

Contact us and we can take care of this.

Jon Lane
The Audio Insider
post #3469 of 3895 Old 09-17-2011, 06:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkane View Post

I am planning on purchasing the Swan 6.2F fronts, 5.2c center, and 4.2r rears for use as highs and wides when I buy the new Pioneer SC-LX85 amp next month. My question/concern is that the Pioneer amp boasts 190 watts ICE power per channel but the Swan rears are rated at 10-80 watts power handling and the center is rated 10-100 watts.
As a relatively AV ignorant person can anyone comment as to whether there is a concern regarding the power of the amp being too much for the speakers and blowing them. There is no problem with the 6.2 fronts as they are rated to 200 watts.

Three brief points, sharkane: First, Swan rates conservatively, both for acoustical specs and power specs. Second, in general speaker power specs are approximate, meaning that while there are formal tests for various power states into a loudspeaker, the ratings are based on destructive testing, meaning that the final number advertised for the speaker is somewhat speculative.

Third, and much more importantly, unless you were to run a steady-state signal at full power into the speaker, or unless you clip an amplifier frequently and heavily into the speaker, you'll not test its limits often. Audio program power is tied to loudness - to your hand on the volume control - and to the typically dynamic nature of its content. You just don't routinely explore the amplifier's limits, if ever, and therefore its spec doesn't correlate to the speaker's well.

Hook em up and enjoy em. Especially for a big speaker with lots of voice coils, the speaker's rating can be more or less ignored. More speakers die from a lack of clean power than from genuine overpowering with undistorted audio power.

Jon Lane
The Audio Insider
post #3470 of 3895 Old 09-18-2011, 12:29 AM

Thanks Jon. I spoke to the guy at the Swan Distribution company here in Australia and was told pretty much the same thing, but thought it best to check with others who didn't have a vested interest in my purchasing the speakers. All's well and am looking forward to getting my speakers next weekend. Once I have them and the new Pioneer SC-LX85 AV receiver next month I'll post a brief review.
Kane
post #3471 of 3895 Old 09-20-2011, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 58
One of my R3 surrounds has a blown woofer. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? I am located in Sweden but since it is not a huge item shipping it from pretty much anywhere should not be a problem.

New or used, any offer considered. :-)
post #3472 of 3895 Old 09-20-2011, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

I think we've got 'em. politby.

Jon Lane
The Audio Insider
post #3473 of 3895 Old 09-20-2011, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Lane View Post

I think we've got 'em. politby.

Thanks, Jon, sounds great. I have had the R3s unplugged for a while during some redecorating so I am going to test it again just to make sure the tweeter isn't blown too. What should the impedance of each driver be when measured without disconnecting them from the x-over (wires are soldered)?

Will contact you in a few days (currently travelling).
post #3474 of 3895 Old 09-26-2011, 10:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 392
Quote:

thank you for your impressions Chris and Jon. I still have much reading to do and at least 3 months before I actually buy anything. gives me time to try and have a listen. finding anything in indiana is a huge PITA, so I may take a driver over to cleveland. 7 hour drive seems like quite the PITA as well though.

Well don't forget if you buy, you get to take out the company vehicle and a night on the town in good old Cleveland, Ohio. Not to mention you will here some incredible gear !
post #3475 of 3895 Old 10-03-2011, 10:24 AM

Question, have any of you tried the D2.1Se monitor with Musical Fidelity M3 amplifiers? Is Swans a good choice for MF?
post #3476 of 3895 Old 10-05-2011, 11:50 AM

Hi everyone, I just recently came by a Sub200a (it also says Sub250 on the back)?

Well originally when I plugged it in I could have sworn I saw a light on the front badge.

I don't see that light anymore and have tried it on different outlets and receivers but no dice.

I was wondering if anyone owns this sub and can tell me if theirs has a light?

Unfortunately I can't find any images or help from manufacturer's site and it's been bothering me..LOL.

Thanks!
post #3477 of 3895 Old 10-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 62
I am considering the purchase of a Denon 4311ci that, among other things, will let me install height speakers in my room (don't have the dimensions to accommodate 'wide" speakers) Anyway the conventional wisdom for adding both wides & heights is to have speakers from the same family as your L/C/R speakers. I have 4.2 L/R & C3 center. Any suggestions on a good match for the heights?

post #3478 of 3895 Old 10-18-2011, 01:24 AM
EJ
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsantafe View Post

I am considering the purchase of a Denon 4311ci that, among other things, will let me install height speakers in my room (don't have the dimensions to accommodate 'wide" speakers) Anyway the conventional wisdom for adding both wides & heights is to have speakers from the same family as your L/C/R speakers. I have 4.2 L/R & C3 center. Any suggestions on a good match for the heights?

Although they are heavy, I believe the Diva Swan 2.1's may be a good match. I think they are still available.

I bought 1 speaker as a b-stock WAY back when a-v-1-2-3 sold then. They had a returned pair where 1 had gone bad. I have used that 1 speaker as a rear-center channel for a 6.1 surround system. (The proper setup for Dolby EX, and the format the Star Wars blu rays were released.)
LL

Former USSB uplink operator.
post #3479 of 3895 Old 10-18-2011, 03:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Unfortunately the Swan Diva 2.1 is no longer available. The D2.1se and D1.1se is the most likely replacement products.

Jon Lane
The Audio Insider
post #3480 of 3895 Old 10-18-2011, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsantafe View Post

I'm in the same boat. Want to add front height speakers to my setup, but don't know what to use. My setup is 5.1 L/R, C3 center, R3 surrounds, & R2 back surrounds.

Wonder if there are any other brands that are voiced similar to Swans Diva speakers? Would like to find something in the $200 to $300 range.

Have an Onkyo 805 receiver and having trouble setting up Audyssey? HERE is a mini how-to.Click HERE to check out my comparison review of 5 different projection screen fabrics.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Oppo Dv 981hd Universal Dvd Player With Hdmi 1080p Up Converting Divx Sacd , Samsung Lns4096d 40 Inch Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page