Forum Jump: 

post #3631 of 3905 Old 04-29-2012, 07:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Swan owners.
I was wondering how these compare
Swan Diva's in Black cherry. 5.1 towers, 2.1 bookshelves, R2 surrounds and a C3 center (used)

to
ARX
A3 x2
A2 center
A1 x2

or
Ascend Acoustics
CMT-340 SE x2
CMT-340 C
CBM-170 SE

Thanks,
LouieIV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3632 of 3905 Old 05-01-2012, 07:13 PM

Jon or anyone else who can answer...

I was looking at the Swan Diva originals and i saw that the 2.1s look like the B&W 805Ds. My question is, how do they compare vs the 805s or what is their sound signature? Any comparisons to other speakers? Only thing ive read is that they strain @ high volumes. Any insight to these speakers?

And can you get a pair to sale Jon? Cleveland?
post #3633 of 3905 Old 05-01-2012, 08:23 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ View Post

Having my diva swans for 9+ years, (Way back when [a v 1 2 3 . c o m] was the dealer), I've driven them with a Denon 3802, 3805 and currently an Onkyo HT-RC360. All midrange receivers, and all seemed to have plenty of power.

haha...I bought mine from AV123 as well. Been running them with an AVR-4800 ever since and I'm very happy with the performance. Like any speaker, the listening environment is critical. I recently closed in my garage and set up the theater before completing all of the work I want to do. The sound was terrible. I rotated the theater 90 degrees to a more balanced layout and the sound is night and day difference. I still have not completed the acoustic treatments I need to do, but the system and speakers once again perform like champs. (Note: this is also my listening room, so the audio performance is critical).

But, with HDMI, I've finally made the jump to digital and will be installing a Denon AVR 4311Ci. I'm looking forward to see if the room correction makes a huge difference. My goal is still to fix room issues and use the DSP for fine tuning.
post #3634 of 3905 Old 05-02-2012, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmxer View Post

. My goal is still to fix room issues and use the DSP for fine tuning.

I like your thinking. IMO that's the way to do it to get the best sound. I feel too many people pay too little attention to the room acoustics. I know it's not always easy to do because of living conditions, WAF, etc. But in the end much more effective than just upgrading components. A truth in this hobby is that in most cases a lesser speaker/system will sound better in a good environment than a good speaker/system will in a poor environment.
post #3635 of 3905 Old 05-02-2012, 05:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by coN83 View Post

Jon or anyone else who can answer...

I was looking at the Swan Diva originals and i saw that the 2.1s look like the B&W 805Ds. My question is, how do they compare vs the 805s or what is their sound signature? Any comparisons to other speakers? Only thing ive read is that they strain @ high volumes. Any insight to these speakers?

And can you get a pair to sale Jon? Cleveland?

The Swan Diva 2.1 has been discontinued for some time - as the importer I haven't had them for probably four years.

The D2.1se+, however, and especially the D2.1se+ Custom you'll probably find to be among the more capable 6.5" monitors you can find in terms of strain-free output. They each have a great deal of headroom.

Jon Lane
Chane Music & Cinema
post #3636 of 3905 Old 05-03-2012, 10:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Liked: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speqtre View Post

Helping a friend buy a set of used F2.2HT:

Is the warranty transferrable to a new owner, and if so, how long is it? Current owner bought from a now-defunct dealer here in Virginia about 3 years ago, and can't find his receipt. Would the serial number be of any use?

Speakers look great and sound fantastic, but she's a little leary dropping that much cash with no recourse if there's issues.

Thanks!

Without a original receipt or original proof of purchase, no manufacturer can prove when the item was originally purchased. There for there is no warranty. Tell them to buy new

--Side note, we have a special demo sale going on Swan speakers
post #3637 of 3905 Old 05-07-2012, 09:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Without a original receipt or original proof of purchase, no manufacturer can prove when the item was originally purchased. There for there is no warranty. Tell them to buy new

--Side note, we have a special demo sale going on Swan speakers

With a serial number, a manufacturer knows what date an item was produced. Some manufacturers will give owners a warranty from the manufacturers date even if they can't produce a receipt.

Anyways, I doubt you're selling a nearly-perfect F2.2HT set for $3500, but thanks for your reply. She did buy them and is very happy.
post #3638 of 3905 Old 05-08-2012, 11:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Liked: 691
I am just telling you what most manufacturers will do.

We can actually sell the F2.2 mains for the same price
post #3639 of 3905 Old 05-09-2012, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

I am just telling you what most manufacturers will do.

We can actually sell the F2.2 mains for the same price

Chris

Is the Swans warranty transferable with the original receipt?
post #3640 of 3905 Old 05-09-2012, 01:36 AM

Swans has put up some info on the Diva 8.3 on their Asian website.

http://www.hivi.com/news_show.asp?news_id=520
post #3641 of 3905 Old 05-13-2012, 02:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I am really curious about the new bass driver that's being incorporated in every new high end model. Would be nice to see some specs.

Please tell me what happened in this night.
It's like the cat inside the box.

You don't know if the cat in the box is dead or alive.

The cat in the box was dead.
post #3642 of 3905 Old 05-15-2012, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post

I am really curious about the new bass driver that's being incorporated in every new high end model. Would be nice to see some specs.

I feel the same way. I'd also like to know more about the 6.5" Kevlar midranges that's been put into the new models in all ranges from the Diva 8.3 all the way up to and including the new "flagship" 2.8.
post #3643 of 3905 Old 05-15-2012, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 53
I'm probably about a week away from ordering a set of towers and a center channel. I'm just not sure which speakers I should go with. I can't decide if I should get a set of 6.1 or 6.2 with a matching center. I do about 50/50 games/movies. Is there a large difference between the two models? IS the 6.2 really worth the extra price?

Quote:
Of course, I got it modified with the TK-427, which cheeks it up another, maybe, 3 or 4 quads per channel.
post #3644 of 3905 Old 05-15-2012, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Unless you want a few more cycles of bass (due to the 6.2 cabinet being bigger than the 6.1), the Diva 6.1 and 6.2 are very comparable. The 6.2 is a LOT bigger in size and is more suited for a larger home theater with more than one row of seats. All that being said, I suggest you contact Jon Lane (and only Jon!) at the Audio Insider.com. He's been an integral part of the Diva line for years, and can truly give you the input you need. He's not just an e-tailer like some are, but has worked in some of the design of the 6.1 Diva. Best of luck on your decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEastSide View Post

I'm probably about a week away from ordering a set of towers and a center channel. I'm just not sure which speakers I should go with. I can't decide if I should get a set of 6.1 or 6.2 with a matching center. I do about 50/50 games/movies. Is there a large difference between the two models? IS the 6.2 really worth the extra price?

post #3645 of 3905 Old 05-16-2012, 07:13 AM

Liked: 18
Hey guys, long-time lurker here. I have had my Swan Diva 6.2 for about 1 year. The rest of my system consists of Diva C3 center, Diva 2.1 in the rear, and M1s in my bedroom.

I am trying to find Spade connectors that will work with the enormous 9mm binding posts on the 6.2s. I went so far as to replace the binding post on the Diva 2.1 because I couldn't take looking at the old and tarnished gold plate anymore. I ended up putting in Dayton Audio Insulated posts and removing the bi-wiring and I'm very happy with it. The posts are surprisingly solid. I also replaced the internal wiring with copper. It looked like the wiring inside the speaker was stranded aluminum.

However, I don't really want to undertake the task of replacing the posts on the 6.2. I would like to be able to make a set of spade jumpers for the bi-wire posts and also put some spades on my speaker cables. Does anyone know of a good set of spades that will fit these posts? Copper base material is a must for me, and I am OK with any plating whether it be gold, rhodium, or silver.
post #3646 of 3905 Old 05-16-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:

From my research, the 6.1 might be possibly better in some aspects then the 6.2 (not all though).

The M8N's are amazing drivers for bass and I have a bias towards the kevlar midrange (as in I believe its better).

If it was me in that position, I'd get the 6.1's.

However... At that price range I'd would definitely choose the T700HT over the diva's. http://www.lockwaresystems.com/SwanT700HT-256.html

I prefer the treble sound of a ribbon and the midrange of the m6n is beast. I am by no means basing this off of first hand experience, just basing it off of driver knowledge and my current ribbon experience. Also the tweeter is quite high on the diva line, another reason why I prefer the T series.

It should come out to about the same price as the 6.2 5.0 set.

post #3647 of 3905 Old 05-17-2012, 03:35 PM

"New to you" Diva 6.1's for sale here

http://www.theaudioinsider.com/forum...6.1-s-for-sale
post #3648 of 3905 Old 05-17-2012, 10:13 PM

I was on a mision to find a quality spade that was not only copper but that would also fit the humongous binding posts. It took a long time, but low and behold, Belkin PureAV Spade. It would have been the last product that I would have thought was a copper spade. I only know this because I filed one of the spades down below the plating. It appears there is a heavy gold plating, followed by nickel, and finally the copper base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg121986 View Post

Hey guys, long-time lurker here. I have had my Swan Diva 6.2 for about 1 year. The rest of my system consists of Diva C3 center, Diva 2.1 in the rear, and M1s in my bedroom.

I am trying to find Spade connectors that will work with the enormous 9mm binding posts on the 6.2s. I went so far as to replace the binding post on the Diva 2.1 because I couldn't take looking at the old and tarnished gold plate anymore. I ended up putting in Dayton Audio Insulated posts and removing the bi-wiring and I'm very happy with it. The posts are surprisingly solid. I also replaced the internal wiring with copper. It looked like the wiring inside the speaker was stranded aluminum.

However, I don't really want to undertake the task of replacing the posts on the 6.2. I would like to be able to make a set of spade jumpers for the bi-wire posts and also put some spades on my speaker cables. Does anyone know of a good set of spades that will fit these posts? Copper base material is a must for me, and I am OK with any plating whether it be gold, rhodium, or silver.

"Without music life would be a mistake." -Friedrich Nietzsche

post #3649 of 3905 Old 05-19-2012, 11:20 AM

It seems the Belkin PureAV spades are not available anywhere.

I debated whether or not to get 6.1 or the 6.2 and I ended up going with the 6.2. I have never heard the 6.1 but I have really been tempted to buy a set just to do a side by side comparison. I have been very happy with my 6.2s. They are incredibly tall, but they sound great. For $1300, they are very, very good. I also have a set of Kudos Cardea C30 speakers (MSRP $12,000) and I think the Diva 6.2F is just as pleasing to listen to as the Kudos considering the enormous difference in price. The Kudos C30 is far better of course, but it also commands a much higher price.

I emailed Jon from TAI about the 6.1 and 6.2. He recommended the 6.2 saying that the crossover was better in the 6.2. I went with his recommendation and I'm glad I did. I can try to dig up his email if it may help in your decision with 6.1 vs 6.2, MrEastSide.

The Diva 6.2 really works well with good front end equipment. I originally had them hooked up to a Yamaha 5 channel receiver at 125W per channel. This was fine for about 7 months, but when I got into some better equipment they really started to shine. I had a Pioneer Elite SC37 for a period of time and it really wowed me with the Divas. Now I have the 6.2 paired with a B&K Reference 50 S2 and Anthem PVA7 which I think is an even better combination. For fun, I recently plugged my Rogue Cronus Magnum tube amp into the 6.2s for a weekend of 2 channel only listening and I was floored! Again, the excellent amplification was paired perfectly with the Diva 6.2 and they sounded incredible. All that being said, you really need to get good front end equipment to be able to appreciate what the Diva 6.2 is capable of. I would hope the 6.1 is similar in this regard.

I have listened to several high end speakers for hours, ranging from $2,200 Harbeth P3ESR, to $40,000 Vivid Giya G3 and $40,000 Magico Q3 at my local Hi-Fi dealer. When I return home, my Swan Diva 6.2F still puts a smile on my face.
post #3650 of 3905 Old 05-19-2012, 04:51 PM

A better conclusion to my above post, the 6.1 and 6.2 sound different, but whether ones better than the other is subjective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Lane View Post

In short, the X.2 series moves away from the hard cones in the X.1, thereby making the crossover work easier and their transitions smoother. Average enclosure size has grown, increasing bass reach, and sensitivities and average impedances are more consistent. The trick to the X.2 line is that unlike the X.1 series, above the woofers they're virtually identical, which makes model selection easier.

This does not mean that the 6.1 is a worse speaker, just designed differently.

post #3651 of 3905 Old 05-20-2012, 03:58 AM

Quote:

Try checking here. They might have something to suit you.

http://www.partsconnexion.com/connectors_spade_all.html
post #3652 of 3905 Old 05-20-2012, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykyll2727 View Post

Try checking here. They might have something to suit you.

http://www.partsconnexion.com/connectors_spade_all.html

I've ordered several things from Parts Connexion. Unfortunately, from what I gather their spades are all only 8mm, or 5/16". I really do not want to run the spade through the center pin hole of the binding post so it's kind of "half way" in there, but I may end up having to do that.
post #3653 of 3905 Old 05-20-2012, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It seems the Belkin PureAV spades are not available anywhere.

I debated whether or not to get 6.1 or the 6.2 and I ended up going with the 6.2. I have never heard the 6.1 but I have really been tempted to buy a set just to do a side by side comparison. I have been very happy with my 6.2s. They are incredibly tall, but they sound great. For $1300, they are very, very good. I also have a set of Kudos Cardea C30 speakers (MSRP $12,000) and I think the Diva 6.2F is just as pleasing to listen to as the Kudos considering the enormous difference in price. The Kudos C30 is far better of course, but it also commands a much higher price.

I emailed Jon from TAI about the 6.1 and 6.2. He recommended the 6.2 saying that the crossover was better in the 6.2. I went with his recommendation and I'm glad I did. I can try to dig up his email if it may help in your decision with 6.1 vs 6.2, MrEastSide.

The Diva 6.2 really works well with good front end equipment. I originally had them hooked up to a Yamaha 5 channel receiver at 125W per channel. This was fine for about 7 months, but when I got into some better equipment they really started to shine. I had a Pioneer Elite SC37 for a period of time and it really wowed me with the Divas. Now I have the 6.2 paired with a B&K Reference 50 S2 and Anthem PVA7 which I think is an even better combination. For fun, I recently plugged my Rogue Cronus Magnum tube amp into the 6.2s for a weekend of 2 channel only listening and I was floored! Again, the excellent amplification was paired perfectly with the Diva 6.2 and they sounded incredible. All that being said, you really need to get good front end equipment to be able to appreciate what the Diva 6.2 is capable of. I would hope the 6.1 is similar in this regard.

I have listened to several high end speakers for hours, ranging from $2,200 Harbeth P3ESR, to $40,000 Vivid Giya G3 and $40,000 Magico Q3 at my local Hi-Fi dealer. When I return home, my Swan Diva 6.2F still puts a smile on my face.

I appreciate the offer. I actually did talk to Jon. I was going to order some speakers a few days ago, but it seems TAI has discontinued the black cherry center channel and that was the finish I was going to go with because I like the darker color and paying a few hundred less for the towers and center was attractive too. Now that the dark cherry isn't available, it looks like I'm going to have to look at other speakers. The wood finish is nice, but everything I own is black and they really wouldn't look that great with my decor. Plus, I was hoping to save that $300 bucks by going with the cherry. Oh, well...

Quote:
Of course, I got it modified with the TK-427, which cheeks it up another, maybe, 3 or 4 quads per channel.
post #3654 of 3905 Old 05-20-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:

I appreciate the offer. I actually did talk to Jon. I was going to order some speakers a few days ago, but it seems TAI has discontinued the black cherry center channel and that was the finish I was going to go with because I like the darker color and paying a few hundred less for the towers and center was attractive too. Now that the dark cherry isn't available, it looks like I'm going to have to look at other speakers. The wood finish is nice, but everything I own is black and they really wouldn't look that great with my decor. Plus, I was hoping to save that $300 bucks by going with the cherry. Oh, well...

My vote is still on the T700's

post #3655 of 3905 Old 05-20-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:

Ah, too bad. The rosewood finish on my 6.2 is beautiful! I really like it. I can take some high-res pics with my DSLR later this week if it might sway your opinion.

The rosewood finish on the older speakers, my Diva 2.1 and C3 center is not very attractive IMO. It's much lighter than that of my 6.2 and in comparison it's just not appealing. I don't have to worry about WAF so mis-match wasn't a problem for me. I got both the 2.1 and C3 center used for under $500 so I was willing to deal with the color. I bought the 2.1 and C3 as a "trial" before committing to the Diva 6.2 and I liked them enough to buy the 6.2 new from TAI.
post #3656 of 3905 Old 05-20-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:

I've ordered several things from Parts Connexion. Unfortunately, from what I gather their spades are all only 8mm, or 5/16". I really do not want to run the spade through the center pin hole of the binding post so it's kind of "half way" in there, but I may end up having to do that.

I found this. Pricey though.

http://www.soniccraft.com/products/c...das_ccms9r.htm

http://www.hifienjoy.com/4pcs-cardas...or-p-2081.html
post #3657 of 3905 Old 05-21-2012, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post

My vote is still on the T700's

They're damn nice, don't get me wrong!

Quote:

Ah, too bad. The rosewood finish on my 6.2 is beautiful! I really like it. I can take some high-res pics with my DSLR later this week if it might sway your opinion.

The rosewood finish on the older speakers, my Diva 2.1 and C3 center is not very attractive IMO. It's much lighter than that of my 6.2 and in comparison it's just not appealing. I don't have to worry about WAF so mis-match wasn't a problem for me. I got both the 2.1 and C3 center used for under $500 so I was willing to deal with the color. I bought the 2.1 and C3 as a "trial" before committing to the Diva 6.2 and I liked them enough to buy the 6.2 new from TAI.

I agree, they're damn nice, no dispute there. It's just that everything I have is black or dark. I mean, I have a dark, dark brown couch too, dark coffee tables, black electronics. The speakers would be the only thing of that color. It would just look kind of funny, probably. HA HA!!!

Quote:
post #3658 of 3905 Old 05-21-2012, 07:49 AM

Correction about the spades, I was previously measuring the diameter of the connectors from my Swan Diva 2.1 because they were removed and easy to get to. I thought their size was a bit odd, so I flipped my Diva 6.2 onto it's front end and carefully measured the binding post. The Diva 6.2F in fact is NOT 9mm like the binding post on the 2.1.

The Diva 6.2F binding post measured 7.6mm or around .299, which is in the middle of 1/4" and 5/16" that I have been able to find. That being said, there are still few options for this size of binding post as most available are only .25 inch. I'm still struggling to find the right option.

I'm considering removing the bi-wiring option altogether just so I don't have to worry about the connection between the posts. I really do not like bi-wiring and I don't intend to do it, but I feel like it would be unwise to remove the bi-wiring posts on these speakers in case I ever sell them.

Quote:

I agree, they're damn nice, no dispute there. It's just that everything I have is black or dark. I mean, I have a dark, dark brown couch too, dark coffee tables, black electronics. The speakers would be the only thing of that color. It would just look kind of funny, probably. HA HA!!!

I think they would match better than you think. The rosewood finish is pretty dark, and the top and bottom of the speaker is piano black. I think the rosewood finish would really provide a minimal amount of contrast and it would end up working really nicely. The older light rosewood of the 6.1 would probably not work, but the 6.2 is much darker and I think blends better with dark colors.
post #3659 of 3905 Old 05-22-2012, 01:55 AM

Quote:

Correction about the spades, I was previously measuring the diameter of the connectors from my Swan Diva 2.1 because they were removed and easy to get to. I thought their size was a bit odd, so I flipped my Diva 6.2 onto it's front end and carefully measured the binding post. The Diva 6.2F in fact is NOT 9mm like the binding post on the 2.1.

The Diva 6.2F binding post measured 7.6mm or around .299, which is in the middle of 1/4" and 5/16" that I have been able to find. That being said, there are still few options for this size of binding post as most available are only .25 inch. I'm still struggling to find the right option.

I'm considering removing the bi-wiring option altogether just so I don't have to worry about the connection between the posts. I really do not like bi-wiring and I don't intend to do it, but I feel like it would be unwise to remove the bi-wiring posts on these speakers in case I ever sell them.

I can understand your reluctance to change the bi-wiring configuration w/regard to reselling them. I take it then you feel the 8mm spades would be too large. I'd really like to know what you decide to do. Please keep us posted.
post #3660 of 3905 Old 05-22-2012, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

They're damn nice, don't get me wrong!

In my old home, most of everything i had close to my 6.2's was black (with some silver thrown in here and there). Almost every one of my friends (including the women) commented on how good the divas looked with the rosewood finish. None of them cared what they sounded like. They are a beautiful cabinet and as stated earlier, they have the piano black caps that will tie into any black motif you have.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Oppo Dv 981hd Universal Dvd Player With Hdmi 1080p Up Converting Divx Sacd , Samsung Lns4096d 40 Inch Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread - 981hd by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page