post #3661 of 3895 Old 05-25-2012, 11:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
SWAN owners,
any one own this SwanT700HT

care to share their experience.

I am in the market and it made into my list, my thread here, it will be helpful if you can participate there. TIA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3662 of 3895 Old 05-26-2012, 04:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackscorpio View Post

SWAN owners,

I am in the market and it made into my list, my thread here, it will be helpful if you can participate there. TIA.

Unfortunately there are not that many owners of that model due to its lack of availability in the NA market (lockware being the first dealer to sell them).

I took a dive with the T900's from lockware and regret nothing.

At best, this is what I found:

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums...700ht-wow.html
http://www.erodov.com/forums/aragorn...ana/40205.html

Drivers:
M6N: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...97-441&FTR=m6n
RT2: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=297-406
YT8N: (*Not sold in America*).

The t200b active monitors were quite an incredible speaker given its size and price. Given that the T700F is modeled as the HT version, I can only imagine that the quality and sound would be unparalleled to anything you could get for the price.

Please tell me what happened in this night.
It's like the cat inside the box.

You don't know if the cat in the box is dead or alive.

The cat in the box was dead.
post #3663 of 3895 Old 05-28-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post

Unfortunately there are not that many owners of that model due to its lack of availability in the NA market (lockware being the first dealer to sell them).

I took a dive with the T900's from lockware and regret nothing.

At best, this is what I found:

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums...700ht-wow.html
http://www.erodov.com/forums/aragorn...ana/40205.html

Drivers:
M6N: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...97-441&FTR=m6n
RT2: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=297-406
YT8N: (*Not sold in America*).

The t200b active monitors were quite an incredible speaker given its size and price. Given that the T700F is modeled as the HT version, I can only imagine that the quality and sound would be unparalleled to anything you could get for the price.

Thank you for the feedback.

By any chance you have any video of your t900 setup on youtube or can you post one?
post #3664 of 3895 Old 06-02-2012, 08:38 AM

I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but here is a german publication's review of the Swan T series back in 2007.
http://www.areadvd.de/lm/AV_Hardware...swanst_1.shtml

"Without music life would be a mistake." -Friedrich Nietzsche

post #3665 of 3895 Old 06-02-2012, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac8d4 View Post

I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but here is a german publication's review of the Swan T series back in 2007.
http://www.areadvd.de/lm/AV_Hardware...swanst_1.shtml

Thanks for the link.
post #3666 of 3895 Old 06-04-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackscorpio View Post

Thank you for the feedback.

By any chance you have any video of your t900 setup on youtube or can you post one?

Oh yeah sure. I'll work on it this week (most probably Wednesday, as my last test of the week is then). I'll see if I can hook up my Sennheiser e835 to have the sound be more accurate than my iphone as I'm going to have to record the video using a 4s (or a flip mino hd).

I'll definitely get something up by this weekend though, xP.

post #3667 of 3895 Old 06-07-2012, 12:42 PM

Here, I just realized I made this a couple months ago. I had some eqing on the speakers at the time (now I have none because my placement is ideal) but I used the mic to record the sound about 1.5ft away from the left channel.

http://soundcloud.com/khaos-consumes/swan-t900f-recording-home

Obviously it no way resembles how good they sound in person. The mic is designed for vocals, and it will be apparent in the recording. If you are listening to this recording on high end speakers, you will definitely hear how the mic muffled out a lot of the sound (aside from the vocals). On my monitor (built in speakers) everything sounds fine, but once I play the recording through my T900F's I can hear where the mic went wrong.

I'll get a youtube video up soon.

post #3668 of 3895 Old 06-07-2012, 03:39 PM

Liked: 10
Swans has posted some more info on the M808 on their Asian website.

http://www.hivi.com/news_show.asp?news_id=526
post #3669 of 3895 Old 06-07-2012, 10:05 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackscorpio View Post

SWAN owners,

Some time ago a friend of mine asked me to help him upgrade his system. He ended up with the T700f fronts and center. He is using his Axiom M60's for rears and an older SVS cylinder sub. All is run by a Pioneer Elite VSX-49txi. The T700F's are amazing! I own Diva 6.1's, while I absolutely love them, I would rather have the T700F's. They are very nice looking and more importantly sounding speakers. I would recommend them for music and movies. If I sound a bit jealous, well hahaha maybe I am.smile.gif By the way.....he usually has his sub off, he says it is too much unless we are really going for it then on it goes!!!!! The T700F's have a really nice bottom end as well as highs and midrange.

"goodtimes"
post #3670 of 3895 Old 06-08-2012, 06:13 AM

Liked: 11
New to Sanw speakers.Is Lockware a legit seller.I am looking at the t900 or t1000. On the site it is not clear what the price is.Or the t900 $2400 a pair or each.And how do you buy these.Who to contact.Thanks Bob:)
post #3671 of 3895 Old 06-10-2012, 12:19 AM

Hi:

I am very interested in the Swan 2.8, 2.6, 2.3, etc...

But there is literally NO information regarding any of these speakers that I can find on the Internet - other than on the Swan/HiVi website (which still doesn't tell very much).

Do these speakers sound as good as they look confused.gif

I have only seen pictures of them - I have never heard them - or any Swan speaker.
post #3672 of 3895 Old 06-10-2012, 05:19 AM

Have you read this owner review of his F2.6?

http://www.avsforum.com/t/857183/swan-owners-thread/2940#post_18744158
post #3673 of 3895 Old 06-10-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimes View Post

Some time ago a friend of mine asked me to help him upgrade his system. He ended up with the T700f fronts and center. He is using his Axiom M60's for rears and an older SVS cylinder sub. All is run by a Pioneer Elite VSX-49txi. The T700F's are amazing! I own Diva 6.1's, while I absolutely love them, I would rather have the T700F's. They are very nice looking and more importantly sounding speakers. I would recommend them for music and movies. If I sound a bit jealous, well hahaha maybe I am.smile.gif By the way.....he usually has his sub off, he says it is too much unless we are really going for it then on it goes!!!!! The T700F's have a really nice bottom end as well as highs and midrange.

You don't know how bad I want to hear them. Haha. From what I gather the T900's are NOT a replacement to the T700's. They are simply a different speaker. Different drivers, different acoustical properties and different bass management. So I am curious the differences between the two in a critical listening environment. One day... haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahead View Post

New to Sanw speakers.Is Lockware a legit seller.I am looking at the t900 or t1000. On the site it is not clear what the price is.Or the t900 $2400 a pair or each.And how do you buy these.Who to contact.Thanks Bob:)

I bought the T900F's from him and they are incredible. Lockware is a legit seller. I picked mine up locally since I live 15minutes away from him. The T900 is $2500 for the pair (the price on the right side is including shipping). The T1000 is the T900 with a built in sub, nothing different. It's a pretty good deal though since the price increase is about $400 for 2 well built subs. I went with the T900's though because I already had an Ultra 12.

You can find his phone number on the dealer page if you have any questions: http://www.swanspeaker.com/dealers/dealers.aspx

If you have any questions about the T900's let me know, I only own the Front but I could provide some nice insight.

I have a review floating around for the T900s here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1396991/swan-t900f-review

Unfortunately at the time of writing the original review, my speakers were setup pretty bad. Even bad they sounded great but there were major changes when I got them perfect. Huge improvements. The quote at the beginning reflect's there new sound (although the pictures are still a bit outdated.). I'm working on updating it. As far as rewriting the review, it may be a couple days. I'll simply say I find no faults with these speakers, at all. Once they are optimally setup, there is nothing to complain about. I'll describe the sound in a new review, probably will be up sometime this week.

post #3674 of 3895 Old 06-10-2012, 09:47 AM

Thanks Khaos for your r eply and info.I look forard to your review.Thanks Bob
post #3675 of 3895 Old 06-10-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene2

I would love to have a shoot out with the Wilson Sasha

Me too!
post #3676 of 3895 Old 06-11-2012, 11:30 AM
EJ
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeTheaterGuy74 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene2
OMG! They arrived (F2.6) two huge crates close to 600 lbs, each speaker must weigh close to 250lbs out of the box. Build quality from one of the audio giants would put this speaker in the 20K range. I would love to have a shoot out with the Wilson Sasha

(In my best Napoleon Dynamite impression)...*ahem*...LUCKY!

Former USSB uplink operator.
post #3677 of 3895 Old 06-11-2012, 11:45 AM

Hi:

Is it just me, or does anyone else have a problem laying out $10,000+ on Swan speakers confused.gif

Their website is not all that helpful.

The last entry under "Latest News" is over two years ago.

Under "Support" they tell you to contact your "local authorized representative", nothing else - for 95% of us the 3 dealers listed are not "local".

Their latest catalog is from 2005 - with outdated information and products.

There is no place to go, local or not, to listen to, and compare, their different flagship speakers.

confused.gif
post #3678 of 3895 Old 06-12-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:

Hi:
Is it just me, or does anyone else have a problem laying out $10,000+ on Swan speakers confused.gif
Their website is not all that helpful.
The last entry under "Latest News" is over two years ago.
Under "Support" they tell you to contact your "local authorized representative", nothing else - for 95% of us the 3 dealers listed are not "local".
Their latest catalog is from 2005 - with outdated information and products.
There is no place to go, local or not, to listen to, and compare, their different flagship speakers.
confused.gif

They are updating the site. You can see the dev site here: http://www.mockupworld.com/swan_speaker/

Swan is primarily huge in China. They run over 300 HiVi stores and are in many homes. In America, they are quite underdeveloped. Essentially, we receive their speakers but that's where it ends. The three dealers will definitely be able to help you out on what you need. As far as demoing the speakers, the best you can do is take Chris (clevelandplasma) up on his offer. I don't know if you saw what I said but you fly to cleveland ohio, and listen to the speakers at his house. If you decide to buy the speakers, he'll pay for the flight. Otherwise, he'll pay half. He'll let you hear them anyway you want before buying them, no ties.

It may be awhile before HiVi moves into America, but atm dealers are the only way of getting anything. It takes a lot of time and money for HiVi to get their products in American stores.

Swan also appears at CES and show off the 2.3bht frequently. It has received nothing but positive feedback.

post #3679 of 3895 Old 06-14-2012, 01:20 PM

Updated pictures and info:

Speakers: Swan T900F
Subwoofer: Emotiva Ultra 12
Amplifier: XPA-2
Receiver: UMC-1
Computer: Custom built. BitFenix Shinobi Window, i5 2500k, 8gb ram, Nvidia GTX 560 ti. (All my music is from here. Foobar, Lossless, Toslink)
TV: Samsung LED 40"

(Yes, this was 3 images photoshopped together. Shoddy, I know. XD)

...and some pics using pano:

post #3680 of 3895 Old 06-14-2012, 10:50 PM

Nice!!!! Thanks for sharing!
post #3681 of 3895 Old 06-26-2012, 11:57 AM

Khoas, Thanks for sharing photos.

I am pretty much decided on SWAN's.

here's a question though, how does the Diva 6.2 compare to Swan D3.2?

Khoas, I sent you a PM with my question? TIA.
post #3682 of 3895 Old 06-26-2012, 03:31 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 29
A couple of years ago I bought the 5 piece "D" series speakers off ebay from that guy in Utah (good transaction, picked up a pallet full of speakers at the shippers local warehouse). Listed price at that time was $999. I offered $925 (+ about $125 freight shipping) and he took it. I also had Swan 5.1's, 2.1's, R2's and a C3 which I'd had for about 3-4 years. The "D" series are also very attractive and the fronts, with their D series drivers, were very good indeed even though I'm not sure about the quality of the tweeter. Might be a step down from the TN28 in the Diva's. But for some reason I just didn't care for the center. The surrounds were O.K. But I re-sold them for almost what I paid including shipping. Also sold the Divs. Just wanted something different. The D3.2's woulld be an excellent choice for a stereo setup and maybe you would like the D series center, but I didn't.

The Diva 5.1's really can't compare to the 6.2's so I can't say the D3.2's are better or worse than the 6.2's, which have larger drivers but the D series drivers should be step up from those used in the Diva's. I also have a pair of F3B's which use the 8" version of the D series driver and it's a wonderful speaker. having a hard time selling tham, though. No one on CL seems to know about Swan, particularly the older models. The Utah guy also sells the 5 piece F series but I'm not sure which center is packaged with it. Might be an interesting alternative though. But I would definently choose the Diva's over the "D" series just for the center channel. Also, the matte black surfaces of the D series are really nice but very hard to keep clean. Finger prints are hard to wipe off without over-polishing.

I hope I didn't just make things more confusing. I've been known to do that from time to time. (Smiles aren't working for me. Huddler....)
post #3683 of 3895 Old 06-29-2012, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene c353 View Post

A couple of years ago I bought the 5 piece "D" series speakers off ebay from that guy in Utah (good transaction, picked up a pallet full of speakers at the shippers local warehouse). Listed price at that time was $999. I offered $925 (+ about $125 freight shipping) and he took it. I also had Swan 5.1's, 2.1's, R2's and a C3 which I'd had for about 3-4 years. The "D" series are also very attractive and the fronts, with their D series drivers, were very good indeed even though I'm not sure about the quality of the tweeter. Might be a step down from the TN28 in the Diva's. But for some reason I just didn't care for the center. The surrounds were O.K. But I re-sold them for almost what I paid including shipping. Also sold the Divs. Just wanted something different. The D3.2's woulld be an excellent choice for a stereo setup and maybe you would like the D series center, but I didn't.
The Diva 5.1's really can't compare to the 6.2's so I can't say the D3.2's are better or worse than the 6.2's, which have larger drivers but the D series drivers should be step up from those used in the Diva's. I also have a pair of F3B's which use the 8" version of the D series driver and it's a wonderful speaker. having a hard time selling tham, though. No one on CL seems to know about Swan, particularly the older models. The Utah guy also sells the 5 piece F series but I'm not sure which center is packaged with it. Might be an interesting alternative though. But I would definently choose the Diva's over the "D" series just for the center channel. Also, the matte black surfaces of the D series are really nice but very hard to keep clean. Finger prints are hard to wipe off without over-polishing.
I hope I didn't just make things more confusing. I've been known to do that from time to time. (Smiles aren't working for me. Huddler....)

Thank you for the info.
post #3684 of 3895 Old 07-01-2012, 05:08 PM

Received my Swan M10s (black) today and I am blown away by the musicality of them. Admittedly I am not an audiophile but they sure sound better than my Klipsch Promedia 2.1s!

$119 from Audioinsider.com.

450Received my Swan M10s (black) today and I am blown away by the musicality of them. Admittedly I am not an audiophile but they sure send better than my Klipsch Promedia 2.1s!

Update: Sadly, the M10s developed a hum in the left channel and were returned for credit.

Samsung UN65ES6500
Onkyo TX-NR809
Sony Blu-Ray BDP-S590
Boston Acoustic VR 30 Fronts
Boston Acoustic VR 20 Surrounds
Boston Acoustic VR10 Center
Energy ESW-310 Subwoofer
post #3685 of 3895 Old 07-05-2012, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Does anyone own the Swan M6005? I am thinking of getting a pair, unless someone can recomend something better in that price range.
post #3686 of 3895 Old 07-05-2012, 07:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 442
We where the only company in the US that actually had a pair in stock and we sold them last week. Special orders take 3-6 months to get. Excellent speaker though wink.gif
Quote:

Hi:
I am very interested in the Swan 2.8, 2.6, 2.3, etc...
But there is literally NO information regarding any of these speakers that I can find on the Internet - other than on the Swan/HiVi website (which still doesn't tell very much).
Do these speakers sound as good as they look confused.gif
I have only seen pictures of them - I have never heard them - or any Swan speaker.
We have the 2.3, 2.5, and 2.6 here. Stop on by wink.gif See for yourself. Yes they are worth every penny.
post #3687 of 3895 Old 07-15-2012, 05:37 PM

I've followed this thread for quite some time (since last year) and decided to join the forum and post some of my impressions as a relatively new Swan owner. The only reseller in my country (MYC Hifi) actually has his dealership in my town and it's a 10 minute drive there which made me very interested in the end of 2011. After listening to 2.6F and one of the smaller models I was very impressed and as a new F1.1 model (the F1.1A) was hitting the market 2012 I decided to give them a try, my hifi room really needed something big and powerful. My dealer has "buy & try" which is a really great option, though I would feel quite bad returning such expensive speakers since he ordered them especially for me and I doubt a lot of people have room for them. I used to have the Energy Veritas 2.4i (+matching center and surrounds) which truly is a great speaker, but my room has a lot of acoustic treatment and I really felt that I needed more punch and bottom. 6 months later (!) they finally arrived, about a month ago.

First of all, they come in 4 boxes per speaker, a total of 8 boxes (+one box for the F2.3C center speaker). And the boxes are HUGE and HEAVY. Luckily the dealer helped me drive them home on a trailer, and they really occupied the whole thing. The center channel had to travel in my car. smile.gif Me and my wife really struggled to get them into the hifi room even though they come in different sections. I had to call my brother in law to get the top sections in place, they demand both strength and lenght. biggrin.gif

The very first record I played put a huge smile on my face. Damn! Right out of the box(es) they did sound awesome, which is not very common. Of course they improve from day to day, I guess they've played around 100-150 hours by now. Despite the large woofers the bass is very tight and controlled, the midrange is fantastic and give voices the right definition and presence, and the treble presents all the details without being to energetic or over-emphasized (it's just there, without drawing unwanted attention). For a 4-way speaker is very homogeneous, it's impressive how all these drivers blend together.

Here's an overview picture from my hifi room:

Closeup:

More pictures can be found here (Swedish text):
http://www.minhembio.com/d00m
post #3688 of 3895 Old 07-15-2012, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 48
That is ridiculously amazing! They remind me of the Focal Grand Utopia.

Quote:
Of course, I got it modified with the TK-427, which cheeks it up another, maybe, 3 or 4 quads per channel.
post #3689 of 3895 Old 07-16-2012, 04:08 AM

I've listened to Focal Grande Utopia once, and they are truly amazing speakers (though very overprized IMHO). They are even bigger, which is hard to imagine. wink.gif
post #3690 of 3895 Old 07-16-2012, 04:25 AM

Fabulous speakers and an awesome HT!!! Thanks for sharing with us!!

BTW I love those Alien figures!
Reply Speakers

Tags
Oppo Dv 981hd Universal Dvd Player With Hdmi 1080p Up Converting Divx Sacd , Samsung Lns4096d 40 Inch Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page