Swan Owner's Thread - Page 131 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3901 of 3905 Old 09-20-2014, 10:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Picked up the HiVi D3.2F (Wood veneer, without grooves) about a month and a half ago, so I thought I'd sign up here at AVSForum and show them off

Swan speakers may be difficult to come by in the US, but it seems even moreso here in Australia. Besides two retailers/distributors that I can think of that sell powered Swan speakers, I can't really seem to find any that sell their passive hifi/home theater speakers. So imagine my surprise when I was just sifting through the local online classifieds (Gumtree), and found this beauty! Now, I was no stranger to the quality of Swan speakers, having been a proud owner of a pair of D1080MKII 08's and a pair of H4's, so that very day I rocked up to his house with cash in hand, and I managed to get them for < 500AUD. I'm sort of new to buying second hand audio gear, so I'm not sure how much of a bargain that was, but overall, I'm happy with the price and the product.

Apparently he had them imported from HK some time ago, on the advice of his brother that lives there, and frequents the HiVi store. Makes me wonder, how many other Australians have been lucky enough to experience Swan's floorstanding speakers. Really wish they'd have more a presence here, I imagine they'd do great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0172 copy.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	807.5 KB
ID:	272690  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3902 of 3905 Old 09-21-2014, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
nice. and welcome to the forum

chasing rattles ......

Pro8100 Cult member
post #3903 of 3905 Old 09-28-2014, 11:45 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Lane View Post
Not sure what produced the outburst above, but if folks need Swan service, they can call 800-992-7252 or PM from here. No nonsense, and there never has been.
Jon has been great to deal with. Rates with the best customer service I've had

post #3904 of 3905 Old 09-28-2014, 12:02 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorCorps View Post
Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with any of the new AVR's, but I'm using a pair of Emotiva XPR-1's to power my F2.2's.
I had my 6.1's hooked to an Emotiva XPA-5 for a while, which sounded great. Next time I set up the system they will be hooked to my Emotiva RPA-1. I highly recommend their amps. Price to performance and customer service is hard to beat.

post #3905 of 3905 Old Yesterday, 10:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 466 Post(s)
Liked: 640
Emotiva makes some nice amps for sure, I would still buy there multi-channel amps, but only class D Mono Blocks for me. Red Dragon Audio, Here of some pics of my system if you like to check it out >>> Click Here <<<
Reply Speakers

Tags
Oppo Dv 981hd Universal Dvd Player With Hdmi 1080p Up Converting Divx Sacd , Samsung Lns4096d 40 Inch Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread - 981hd by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page