Swan Owner's Thread - Page 51 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1501 of 3895 Old 10-29-2008, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am thinking about buying a used Swan HT set-up. I can find information on all of the components except the sub. Does anyone know anything about this sub? My main system has a PSB Subsonic 9 (15" 300W RMS) sub, and while I am not looking for anything of that size, I would like to know that the sub for the system packs a punch.

Can anyone tell me anything about this sub?

Thanks,

Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1502 of 3895 Old 10-29-2008, 03:14 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawaun da bomb View Post

I am also a owner of the F2.2F in rosewood,also own the 6.2 diva's,m200II computer speakers,and I used to own a pair of D2.1SE's.I will posting pictures this week of the F2.2F.

Post away we love the pictures!
post #1503 of 3895 Old 10-29-2008, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonmax View Post

Post away we love the pictures!

I'll post them im waiting on my rosewood middle section,somehow I ended up with a cherry 1.
post #1504 of 3895 Old 10-29-2008, 04:13 PM

Tawaun, you've posted so much praise about the D2.1SE. I'm surprised you don't own a pair anymore. I just got a pair last week and I think they are great speakers.
post #1505 of 3895 Old 10-29-2008, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSatch View Post

Tawaun, you've posted so much praise about the D2.1SE. I'm surprised you don't own a pair anymore. I just got a pair last week and I think they are great speakers.

I still love the D2.1SE,I just had to move up Steve,the 2.1's are very special with a lot of good power behind them they are power and current hungry.
post #1506 of 3895 Old 10-29-2008, 04:51 PM

I wish I had something better to power my D2.1SE with, but I'm using a Panasonic XR-55, the little digital amped receiver. The 2.1 sound great powered by it though. Maybe it's because I listen to music like Diana Krall, Frank Sinatra, Stacey Kent (American standards) and I don't listen to music very loud. 70 dB is plenty loud for almost all of my listening. I also have a Panny running my HT (Swan 6.1 and c3) and that system sounds great too. Plenty of power.
post #1507 of 3895 Old 10-29-2008, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSatch View Post

I wish I had something better to power my D2.1SE with, but I'm using a Panasonic XR-55, the little digital amped receiver. The 2.1 sound great powered by it though. Maybe it's because I listen to music like Diana Krall, Frank Sinatra, Stacey Kent (American standards) and I don't listen to music very loud. 70 dB is plenty loud for almost all of my listening. I also have a Panny running my HT (Swan 6.1 and c3) and that system sounds great too. Plenty of power.

Get quality power and watch the 2.1's transform like Optimus Prime,yes it will make that much of a difference,they are very Dynaudio like,and a little volume with good power will make a big difference to.
post #1508 of 3895 Old 10-29-2008, 06:11 PM

Hey tawaun, what kind of power do you have going to your F2.2's? Right now I'm using a HK avr 254. It only has 50wpc and they sound freaking awsome. Allmost too much bass and more db than I need. I was wondering how much better they would sound with some serious power.
post #1509 of 3895 Old 10-29-2008, 06:24 PM

Liked: 12
joe,
Its an amazing sub that doesnt get enough praise, those 2 10" drivers really put out some clean bass, I got the Sub 10 when TAI was closing it out for $350...I felt it was a complete steal. Here are some pics that I posted over on TAI's forums. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the Sub10 was originally known as the Sub250se

"Without music life would be a mistake." -Friedrich Nietzsche

post #1510 of 3895 Old 10-29-2008, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm_mongoose View Post

Hey tawaun, what kind of power do you have going to your F2.2's? Right now I'm using a HK avr 254. It only has 50wpc and they sound freaking awsome. Allmost too much bass and more db than I need. I was wondering how much better they would sound with some serious power.

I have a Bada Purer 3.8SE intergratdamp it is 80 watts pure Class A and after 80 watts it switches over into Class A/B up to 138 watts all into 8ohms but doubles up into 4ohms,it has a tube preamp section with 6L tubes and it weighs in at a Massive 85lbs.There's nothing like Class A power,the sweatest sound around and the deepest tightest bass you will hear,the F2.2F's sound like they have 2 high power 15 inch subs of very high quality,the 3.8SE is a real monster!
post #1511 of 3895 Old 10-29-2008, 06:48 PM

I must say after talking with you Tawaun, the technology behind the Xindak FS cables, they are pretty impressive and very reasonably priced if you know where to find them

post #1512 of 3895 Old 10-29-2008, 09:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawaun da bomb View Post

I am also a owner of the F2.2F in rosewood,also own the 6.2 diva's,m200II computer speakers,and I used to own a pair of D2.1SE's.I will posting pictures this week of the F2.2F.

sweet cant wait for the pics
post #1513 of 3895 Old 10-29-2008, 10:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Got my R3 surrounds in today.

1. Awesome packing job as usual!

2. I've put off buying R3s until now at least partially because I've had trouble justifying the expense of the R3s when compared to the other Diva .1 speakers. Now that I have them in my house, I can say that their cost is justified. They are much larger/heavier than I thought they woud be. Truly a beautiful set of speakers!

3. I'm confused about the wiring/configuration of these R3s just like I was when I got my R2s. At some point, I'll probably open these up and have a look at the wiring and internal construction like I did with my R2s (click HERE for more info), but for now as I try to figure this out...
a) Both Oz and swanspeaker.com refer to these as dipole.
b) TAI refers to them as a "true" dipole.
c) I did a polarity check on the speakers and found that both drivers move in the same outward direction. This would indicate they are bipole, not dipole.
d) In post #327 of this thread, Jon recommended mounting speaker "A" to the left and speaker "B" to the right. Oriented mounting would indicate dipole.
e) I dug through the old archived Swan thread and there are references to these as being non-mirrored, adaptive dipolar, but that thread is old and things can change.

So I'm thoroughly confused!

But combing through that info, I'm gonna guess that they are adaptive dipolar, but I'm not sure if they are mirrored or not. If they are mirrored, that would have to mean that Swan changed their wiring at some point. If they aren't mirrored, then point 3d wouldn't make sense.

Have an Onkyo 805 receiver and having trouble setting up Audyssey? HERE is a mini how-to.Click HERE to check out my comparison review of 5 different projection screen fabrics.
post #1514 of 3895 Old 10-30-2008, 05:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad T View Post

3. I'm confused about the wiring/configuration of these R3s just like I was when I got my R2s. At some point, I'll probably open these up and have a look at the wiring and internal construction like I did with my R2s.

Our sense is that Swan may have done a production change at some point and didn't remember to notify the field to change spec. The short version of how to deal with this is simply to battery-check the polarity and then use as-is if your set operate according to your plans right out of the box.

If not, and to create a dipole system if you were shipped bipoles, invert internal polarity of one half of each speaker so that the back-facing half is out of absolute polarity with the front half. IIRC, the front half should be in synch with the rest of the entire 5.1/7.1 system, which means you would also consider L and R positioning when making such a modification.

Oh, and set the rear channels to highpass at 80Hz.

Jon Lane
The Audio Insider
post #1515 of 3895 Old 10-30-2008, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac8d4 View Post

I must say after talking with you Tawaun, the technology behind the Xindak FS cables, they are pretty impressive and very reasonably priced if you know where to find them

You can go on ebay at ListenupChina or you can get them in the states from Pacific Valve.
post #1516 of 3895 Old 10-30-2008, 06:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac8d4 View Post

They are a very very impressive cable not just for the money either I'll put em up against any cable.
post #1517 of 3895 Old 10-30-2008, 09:00 PM

Has anyone heard from Steve at OZ home theater?

I ordered two Swan Divas and a C3 from Steve's Ebay store last weekend. I sent him two emails and a private message on this site just to ensure that I got what I wanted. I wanted to make sure I got the new version c3 and the rosewood.

I have not heard back from him at all. I have not even received a message about the order or shipping.

Any advice?

Thanks!
post #1518 of 3895 Old 10-30-2008, 09:01 PM

dont worry, that sometimes hapens with Steve, He'll contact you soon

post #1519 of 3895 Old 10-31-2008, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveelectronics View Post

I ordered two Swan Divas and a C3 from Steve's Ebay store last weekend. I sent him two emails and a private message on this site just to ensure that I got what I wanted. I wanted to make sure I got the new version c3 and the rosewood.

I have not heard back from him at all. I have not even received a message about the order or shipping.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Oh, I didn't know there was a new version C3. Is the C3 that is listed on Oz eBay site the new version? I've been considering some Swans as well.

post #1520 of 3895 Old 10-31-2008, 07:46 AM

I just noticed my camera lense was REALLY dirty. Its a sony mavica with a Carl Zeiss. It used to take better pics than this i'm sure of it.

[IMG][/IMG]

Still can't figure out why it won't post big pics on here. If someone can explain how the code works that would be helpful.

I like the reflection of my fireplace on that one. Before you ask, no it doesn't get hot at all. Cool to the touch actually.

That one is a good shot of the color I think.

Yes the drivers do look like dynaudio but they clearly say HiVi Reasearch on them. FYI those are 8.8 inch drivers with 100mm voice coils. I did a conversion and 100mm is a little more than 3.9 inches for all you limeys. I'm not an expert but I think a large voicecoil has at least something to do with how much bass these puppies put out. Maybe this has something to do with it as well.....

One of those bad boys for each woofer = LFE with no sub.
post #1521 of 3895 Old 10-31-2008, 08:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Any advice?

Thanks!

loveelectronics,

Thanks for the post and sorry for any miscommunication on our part. We have been making some changes within our organization over the past 2 weeks and making the necessary email and account changes for our new GM (that will be taking over all OZ logistics and operations this Monday!). While it's certainly possible that we could have missed your email, all orders from our eBay promotion have been shipped and, to my knowledge, there are currently no unanswered enquiries. I've also just logged into my User CP…no PM's - answered or unanswered - from "loveelectronics." At your earliest convenience, please send a message to sales@ozhometheater.com and let us know (1) the name you purchased your product under and (2) the items you ordered (you're welcome to simply post this here as well if you'd prefer). In our efforts to streamline our operation (including Kraig taking over the GM role with us), we have also recently implemented a live logistics tracking system that gives us instant visibility into all outbound shipments and tracking numbers. If you did not receive your tracking info automatically from FedEx (about 50% of these actually make it through), I'll send this myself once I have the info on your order. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Steve Ozmai
OZ Home Theater, LLC
post #1522 of 3895 Old 10-31-2008, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrot View Post

Oh, I didn't know there was a new version C3. Is the C3 that is listed on Oz eBay site the new version? I've been considering some Swans as well.

Mtrot,
yes that is correct, however the newer version is simply a diffrently mounted tweeter/midrange driver unit ( which corresponds to the pics that accompany it on ebay). The old C3 had a top mounted tweeter like the rest of the Diva .1 and .2 line. The basic difference would allow the C3 to be placed in a rack where you might have height restrictions (it is 8 3/4' tall)

post #1523 of 3895 Old 10-31-2008, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
wm_mongoose,

thanks for the pics man!!! beautiful! the finish is very nice! enjoy them
post #1524 of 3895 Old 10-31-2008, 10:02 AM

Steve,

Thanks for the quick response. I will send you an email ASAP.
post #1525 of 3895 Old 10-31-2008, 10:33 AM

Hello all - I am a current av123 customer and have the "classic" X-Series X-MTM, X-CS, X-LS speakers and an MFW-15. I love my current setup but now I want more. I would like to sell my X-Series speakers and get Swans Diva 6.1, C3 and either 2.1 or R3's for surrounds. I will be keeping my MFW-15 sub. Does anyone have experience with the X-Series speakers and these Swans and what would be the biggest difference in the sound quality?
Thanks *Aaron
post #1526 of 3895 Old 10-31-2008, 10:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Steve,

Thanks for the quick response. I will send you an email ASAP.

Reply sent. Thanks for the quick message - and let me know if I can help in any way!

Steve Ozmai
OZ Home Theater, LLC
post #1527 of 3895 Old 10-31-2008, 11:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Rone View Post

Hello all - I am a current av123 customer and have the "classic" X-Series X-MTM, X-CS, X-LS speakers and an MFW-15. I love my current setup but now I want more. I would like to sell my X-Series speakers and get Swans Diva 6.1, C3 and either 2.1 or R3's for surrounds. I will be keeping my MFW-15 sub. Does anyone have experience with the X-Series speakers and these Swans and what would be the biggest difference in the sound quality?
Thanks *Aaron

Hey Aaron,

Thanks for the post. There is plenty of information I can offer from personal experience (as I own or have owned almost every speaker you've listed above). That said - I try (not always successful ) not to post any subjective comments with direct A vs. B speaker comparisons on this forum. In every instance I've done so in the past, the results have not been pretty (trying to stay within forum rules here). Feel free to email me directly at sales@ozhometheater.com if you'd like to discuss this in more detail.

The entire Diva by Swans line has been voiced with an emphasis on accuracy (phase coherency, time alignment, imaging, etc.) and detail - but not at the expense of balance and warmth. When auditioning speakers, many people perceive high frequency energy as "detail." Speaker manufacturers realize this and often voice their speakers to exhibit more high frequency energy in order to accentuate this perception in the typical high end audio listening room (with 10 speakers on a switcher). This is great for a 3 minute pre-planned demoit's a different story in your home during a 120 minute movie (see a few of my earlier posts on listener fatigue). Most of us have no doubt experienced this in the "infamous" Bose demos found in malls across the country.

The Diva line, on the other hand, utilizes Swans legendary cabinetry and components - including the silk-dome ferrofluid cooled tweeter (found throughout the entire range) and highlights like the 6" Kevlar impregnated midrange in the 6.1 - to provide a solid base on which the art of speaker voicing and design can build upon (all components can be seen in detail - along with performance data here http://www.ozhometheater.com/ozht_pr...anding_6.1.htm). It's the unique combination of energy and balance that has made the Diva line so successful - despite no shortage of "me-too" competitors. While there is definitely an emphasis on faithful reproduction, there is also a specific character that has been introduced by nature of the unique components used in each design. The result (which you can read in the previous 50 pages) is a response that tends to be best characterized as slightly tipped back from neutral - meaning the soundstage is positioned slightly behind the speaker as opposed to right up in your lap. I could go on - but I'll let others chime in with their opinions. In a nutshell - it's going to take a miracle to get the 6.1's out of my listening room. They've been in the exact same spot since Jon at TAI sent them my way almost 4 years ago nowand they've seen quite a few competitors come and go in that time.

Let me know how I can help!

Steve Ozmai
OZ Home Theater, LLC
post #1528 of 3895 Old 10-31-2008, 11:40 AM

Thanks Steve for the information and I'll be sure to send an email to you for a more detailed comparison between my "X" series speaker your Swans. Does anyone have this same Swan (6.1, C3, 2.1 or R3) setup coupled with an MFW-15? I would love to know how they all sound together.
post #1529 of 3895 Old 10-31-2008, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Oops, looks like I messed up--I thought the eBay 10% promotion ended today, but actually ended on the 30th for some reason. Anybody know how often eBay does this type of thing?

Also, how long does the search.live.com discount last? I thought it was 30% discount, but this morning it showed "up to 25%".

post #1530 of 3895 Old 10-31-2008, 11:51 AM

I think floridapoolboy went from swans to rockets. He might be a good person to pm. I've listened to them both and don't think there is a clear winner nor looser. Both excellent speakers.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Oppo Dv 981hd Universal Dvd Player With Hdmi 1080p Up Converting Divx Sacd , Samsung Lns4096d 40 Inch Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page