Definitive Technology ProCinema Series 600/800/1000 (or 60/80/100) Thread - Page 199 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5941 of 7290 Old 03-02-2012, 09:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Plex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: North Huntingdon, Pa 15642
Posts: 2,044
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by saj2001ind View Post

thats gr8 thanks Plex, I hope this info would help ppl like me who tends to buy a set but end up upgrading in short span of time and loose money

I'll post this if needed again, it can be very helpfull. In the future if you are helping someone get speakers find out the room size. This will help that person avoid the over buy and most important the dreaded under buy

Audyssey
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Plex is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5942 of 7290 Old 03-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Senior Member
 
raehza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 236
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by W2GOD View Post

Last week I picked up a df tech pro 600 package, and was loving it so much the following week I wanted to make it a 7.1 system so I picked up 2 def tech pro 1,000's . For the front left and right and put the 600's for surround . Everything sounded great my living room is only 17X15 . I loved the 1,000's so much this following week I picked up 2 more and replaced the 2 surround back left and right , I left 2 600's for the left and right 7.1 set up . And now since I have 4 1000's I then purchased a pro center 2000 for the center . And now I'm really enjoying the system more I left the subwoofer alone that came with the pro600 it's fine for the 17X15 room. So now I have taken the 2 left over 600's and 600 center and put them in my bedroom for my computer setup!!! Lol I think I went a little crazy I should have just put a 1000 system together but I'm happy how it all ended up . In the later future I might upgrade the subwoofer . But for now I think it's time to put my bank card away hahahah. I think I did have a def tech overload! But I'm loving it!!!!!


4x PM 1k's
1x PC 1k

Replace Center with a C/L/R 2002

Then I replaced by front 1k's with 2x BP8020ST towers
Then I replaced my center with a HD8040 Center, lol

Once the bug bites, can't let go

Ray
I started similarly.

Projector: AE7000
Screen: 5x12 Wilson Art Laminate Designer White
Receiver: Denon 2112Ci
Fronts: DefTech 8020ST
Center: DefTech 8040HD
Side Surround: DefTech SR 8040 BPs
Rear Surround: DefTech PM 1000s
Subwoofers: 2x HSU VTF 15H's
raehza is offline  
post #5943 of 7290 Old 03-03-2012, 05:40 AM
Senior Member
 
dsg2003gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 359
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by raehza View Post

4x PM 1k's
1x PC 1k

Replace Center with a C/L/R 2002

Then I replaced by front 1k's with 2x BP8020ST towers
Then I replaced my center with a HD8040 Center, lol

Once the bug bites, can't let go

Ray
I started similarly.

I was about 2 do 4 PM10000 and PC2000, but then I found a great deal and wound up with 4 BP8Bs and a CLR 2002.

My other room will be 8060sts and and 8060cs
dsg2003gt is offline  
post #5944 of 7290 Old 03-03-2012, 04:53 PM
Member
 
W2GOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well my setup is all done 7.1 system consists of 6 pm 1000's 1 pc2000 and 1 pro sub 1000. I'm very happy the set up sounds great my room is only 17x15 . Now my receiver is 4 years old so that's the next upgrade in mind. I have all the speakers set to small and on my receiver you can set the cross overfor all speakers,but not individually . I set it to 80hz but I wish I can change the setting for the center and sub . Does it matter that all speakers are set to 80hz ?????? I know the center should be set to 60hz and sub to 100hz . My AVR is a Yamaha v-663 . Does it matter that all speakers are 80hz even the center I'm assuming the sub is also I dunno ??? Hopefully my next AVR I can set each speaker separately .
W2GOD is offline  
post #5945 of 7290 Old 03-03-2012, 06:04 PM
Senior Member
 
dsg2003gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 359
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by W2GOD View Post

Well my setup is all done 7.1 system consists of 6 pm 1000's 1 pc2000 and 1 pro sub 1000. I'm very happy the set up sounds great my room is only 17x15 . Now my receiver is 4 years old so that's the next upgrade in mind. I have all the speakers set to small and on my receiver you can set the cross overfor all speakers,but not individually . I set it to 80hz but I wish I can change the setting for the center and sub . Does it matter that all speakers are set to 80hz ?????? I know the center should be set to 60hz and sub to 100hz . My AVR is a Yamaha v-663 . Does it matter that all speakers are 80hz even the center I'm assuming the sub is also I dunno ??? Hopefully my next AVR I can set each speaker separately .

keep 80 for all.
dsg2003gt is offline  
post #5946 of 7290 Old 03-03-2012, 10:48 PM
Member
 
pigpiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpiles View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plex View Post

Since you are talking Pioneer, I'm not a good source, but since you are considering a new AVR try to find one that may have a better bass managment system [XO for eack speaker set]

Ok, I just wanted you to make sure all settings where checked before you blamed the AVR

Not for sure if it is the sub or the avr. Im going to guess maybe the avr. Been doing alot of research and have decided to get the Denon 2112.

It was the AVR, but now i have another problem. It is my subwoofer, anytime there is an amount of explosions or sorda deep bass my sub sounds as if it is blown (rattles). It is a pro 800 sub, any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thank You
pigpiles is offline  
post #5947 of 7290 Old 03-04-2012, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Plex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: North Huntingdon, Pa 15642
Posts: 2,044
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpiles View Post

It was the AVR, but now i have another problem. It is my subwoofer, anytime there is an amount of explosions or sorda deep bass my sub sounds as if it is blown (rattles). It is a pro 800 sub, any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thank You

Is the Gain/volume set too high? what is it set at [clock wise]

Audyssey
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Plex is offline  
post #5948 of 7290 Old 03-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Member
 
pigpiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plex View Post

Is the Gain/volume set too high? what is it set at [clock wise]

I have it set around the 1 o'clock position.
pigpiles is offline  
post #5949 of 7290 Old 03-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Member
 
pigpiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If the problem is with my sub, what sub would you guys recommend to go with:

Denon 2112 AVR

Front R/L - Studio Monitor 450's

Subwoofer - ProSub 800 (This is the one that rattles, seems to be at lower bass hits, a good example is when i watch Transformers Dark Side Of The Moon.)

Center - Pro Center 1000 ( prob going to upgrade soon)

Rear R/L - Pro Monitor 800's

I also have two more ProMonitor 800's to setup for 7.1, that will happen after i get the 5.1 working flawlessly.

Oh my limit for the sub is around 350 dollars. I have found a supercube 2000 for 350 is it worth picking up or should i go with something else if my sub is shot. I would prefer to stick with the sub i have, that is if i can get the rattle noise to quit. Thank You guys for all of your help.
pigpiles is offline  
post #5950 of 7290 Old 03-04-2012, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
toddRiffic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 1,102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpiles View Post


It was the AVR, but now i have another problem. It is my subwoofer, anytime there is an amount of explosions or sorda deep bass my sub sounds as if it is blown (rattles). It is a pro 800 sub, any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thank You

A long way back in the thread someone posted he solved a rattle coming from his PS800. Something was loose inside and he posted detailed pics and a fix. I don't know how the warranty would be affected, but it was a simple fix as I recall. I'd love to link the post, buy I have idea where it is. Good luck!

toddRiffic

 


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

toddRiffic is online now  
post #5951 of 7290 Old 03-05-2012, 10:57 AM
Newbie
 
pmcewen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys,
Looking to install
ProCenter 1000 with 4 PM 800's the question is the sub!!
I was impressed with the New SuperCube 2000 with how small it is and the amount of bass it puts out. Is this a sub worth the price tag or are there better subs on the market?
Thanks
pmcewen is offline  
post #5952 of 7290 Old 03-05-2012, 11:51 PM
Member
 
saj2001ind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcewen View Post

Hey guys,
Looking to install
ProCenter 1000 with 4 PM 800's the question is the sub!!
I was impressed with the New SuperCube 2000 with how small it is and the amount of bass it puts out. Is this a sub worth the price tag or are there better subs on the market?
Thanks

hi how big is ur room size ?
saj2001ind is offline  
post #5953 of 7290 Old 03-06-2012, 06:55 AM
Newbie
 
pmcewen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Room size is 17x15
pmcewen is offline  
post #5954 of 7290 Old 03-06-2012, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
toddRiffic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 1,102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcewen View Post

Hey guys,
Looking to install
ProCenter 1000 with 4 PM 800's the question is the sub!!
I was impressed with the New SuperCube 2000 with how small it is and the amount of bass it puts out. Is this a sub worth the price tag or are there better subs on the market?
Thanks

You pay a premium for the size of the supercubes in my experience. You can find a variety of subs with better performance for less cost if you are not limited by size constraints.

Larger subwoofers from internet direct companies like hsu elemental designs and svs will offer more performance for the money.

toddRiffic

 


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

toddRiffic is online now  
post #5955 of 7290 Old 03-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Newbie
 
Nupe 86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the following Def Tech Setup:
Attachment 239809
1 Procenter 1000
2 Promointor 1000 (fronts)
2 Promonitor 800 (Surrounds)
2 Prosub 1000 Subwoofers (stereo subs) 80 x-over

*rest of speakers at 80 Hz also (receiver won't do multiples)

Both front and rear speakers are mounted to Sanus speaker stands. My system is powered with a Pioneer Elite VSX-21Txh.


I have upgraded from the Procinema 60 to the Procinema 800, and now my mixed system. In my room (12 x 19) I noticed that I was losing base strength on one side of my room (initially had the Prosub 800). After replacing the 800 with two 1000's, I have the whole upstairs shaking.
LL
Nupe 86 is offline  
post #5956 of 7290 Old 03-08-2012, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
toddRiffic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 1,102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nupe 86 View Post

I have the following Def Tech Setup:

1 Procenter 1000
2 Promointor 1000 (fronts)
2 Promonitor 800 (Surrounds)
2 Prosub 1000 Subwoofers (stereo subs) 80 x-over

*rest of speakers at 80 Hz also (receiver won't do multiples)

Both front and rear speakers are mounted to Sanus speaker stands. My system is powered with a Pioneer Elite VSX-21Txh.

I have upgraded from the Procinema 60 to the Procinema 800, and now my mixed system. In my room (12 x 19) I noticed that I was losing base strength on one side of my room (initially had the Prosub 800). After replacing the 800 with two 1000's, I have the whole upstairs shaking.

Hi Nupe,

That's a great looking system you have there. I'm a huge proponent of using multiple subwoofers. Properly set up, they helped tame room modes and give more consistent bass response throughout the room. I've published graphs taken with REW in an attempt to show others the benefit of using multiple subwoofers in previous posts. Glad to hear your happy with dual subs!

toddRiffic

 


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

toddRiffic is online now  
post #5957 of 7290 Old 03-13-2012, 06:15 PM
Senior Member
 
logicators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 449
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I have listed my SM 450s and BP 2X on ebay. Just in case anyone here is looking for close-to-new pairs, here are item numbers:

SM 450s: 150773568872
BP2X: 150777613364
logicators is offline  
post #5958 of 7290 Old 03-20-2012, 06:25 AM
Senior Member
 
Joe@Definitive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 248
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddRiffic View Post

You pay a premium for the size of the supercubes in my experience. You can find a variety of subs with better performance for less cost if you are not limited by size constraints.

Larger subwoofers from internet direct companies like hsu elemental designs and svs will offer more performance for the money.

Hello PMC and Todd,
There is a lot going on with this question! I used to work for Velodyne, so I have a lot of sub experience, and I see both sides. Yes, if the size of the box is no issue, you can get more bass for your buck from a larger sub. But we sell a ton of SC 2000, because it's an amazing amount of bass from a tiny, easy to place box, and it's very musical, too. There are customers for both types of product. I hope this helps. Feel free to PM me or reach me at jfinn@definitivetech.com. Best regards, Joe
Joe@Definitive is offline  
post #5959 of 7290 Old 03-20-2012, 06:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Joe@Definitive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 248
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddRiffic View Post

Hi Nupe,

That's a great looking system you have there. I'm a huge proponent of using multiple subwoofers. Properly set up, they helped tame room modes and give more consistent bass response throughout the room. I've published graphs taken with REW in an attempt to show others the benefit of using multiple subwoofers in previous posts. Glad to hear your happy with dual subs!

Todd, you are so right. It's really hard (impossible?) to get great bass all throughout your listening area with just one sub. Using twin subs enables you to get greater coverage, for smoother bass for more listeners. Four subs is even better, but not many customers can or will go to that extent. The good news is that much of the benefit from four is already attained with two. Best, Joe
Joe@Definitive is offline  
post #5960 of 7290 Old 03-20-2012, 06:36 AM
Senior Member
 
Joe@Definitive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 248
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpiles View Post

If the problem is with my sub, what sub would you guys recommend to go with:

Denon 2112 AVR

Front R/L - Studio Monitor 450's

Subwoofer - ProSub 800 (This is the one that rattles, seems to be at lower bass hits, a good example is when i watch Transformers Dark Side Of The Moon.)

Center - Pro Center 1000 ( prob going to upgrade soon)

Rear R/L - Pro Monitor 800's

I also have two more ProMonitor 800's to setup for 7.1, that will happen after i get the 5.1 working flawlessly.

Oh my limit for the sub is around 350 dollars. I have found a supercube 2000 for 350 is it worth picking up or should i go with something else if my sub is shot. I would prefer to stick with the sub i have, that is if i can get the rattle noise to quit. Thank You guys for all of your help.

Hello PP, feel free to conact Chet at chet.pelkowski@definitivetech.com if you have a service issue - which it sounds like you do, as your sub shouldn't be rattling. The SC 2000 is a bargain at $350. Best regards, Joe
Joe@Definitive is offline  
post #5961 of 7290 Old 03-20-2012, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Plex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: North Huntingdon, Pa 15642
Posts: 2,044
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@Definitive View Post

Hello PP, feel free to conact Chet at chet.pelkowski@definitivetech.com if you have a service issue - which it sounds like you do, as your sub shouldn't be rattling. The SC 2000 is a bargain at $350. Best regards, Joe

So, Joe, the SC 2000 is a new sub line or and addition to the Super Cube lineup

Audyssey
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Plex is offline  
post #5962 of 7290 Old 03-21-2012, 06:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Joe@Definitive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 248
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plex View Post

So, Joe, the SC 2000 is a new sub line or and addition to the Super Cube lineup

Hi Plex, the SuperCube 2000 is a relatively new sub, and a strong seller. It's the little brother of the SC 6000 / 4000. People love the bass performance you get from a tiny box, and at $599 retail it's not huge money. I hope this helps - best, Joe
Joe@Definitive is offline  
post #5963 of 7290 Old 03-21-2012, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Plex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: North Huntingdon, Pa 15642
Posts: 2,044
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@Definitive View Post

Hi Plex, the SuperCube 2000 is a relatively new sub, and a strong seller. It's the little brother of the SC 6000 / 4000. People love the bass performance you get from a tiny box, and at $599 retail it's not huge money. I hope this helps - best, Joe

Thanks, any word on new line up changes for the ProCinema series

Audyssey
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Plex is offline  
post #5964 of 7290 Old 03-21-2012, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
toddRiffic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 1,102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@Definitive View Post

Todd, you are so right. It's really hard (impossible?) to get great bass all throughout your listening area with just one sub. Using twin subs enables you to get greater coverage, for smoother bass for more listeners. Four subs is even better, but not many customers can or will go to that extent. The good news is that much of the benefit from four is already attained with two. Best, Joe

Hi Joe,

Yeah I really got hooked on the idea of using multiple subs after listening to Floyd Toole talk about the subject on the Home Theater Geeks podcast and subsequently buying his book "Sound Reproduction". Most people with a single subwoofer are hearing the rooms negative contribution to the low frequencies more than the program material. And yes, I've come very close to pulling the trigger on quad subs and still may do so.

Have a great day,
Todd

toddRiffic

 


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

toddRiffic is online now  
post #5965 of 7290 Old 03-22-2012, 06:07 AM
Newbie
 
Justin325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is my first 5.1 setup.

Room: 12' X 18' (TV above fireplace on 12' wall)
TV: Sony Bravia 46" LCD
Receiver: Denon AVR-1612
Speakers: DT ProCinema 60's

Bought the DT's from Newegg for $249. Couldn't pass the deal up.

Speakers were delivered yesterday. These little guys are heavy!
One problem though. The Subwoofer grill is broken. ALL the posts that insert into the sub box to hold the grill on are sheared off clean.
Should I contact DT directly or Newegg?

Redid my Audyssey setup and it choose small speakers for all the speakers. Should I make the front L/R speakers "large speakers"

So far I'm pleased with the sound. I do notice a slight lacking of MID range, but the speakers aren't broken in and I'm not done tweaking the Audyssey settings in the Denon.
Justin325 is offline  
post #5966 of 7290 Old 03-22-2012, 08:22 AM
Member
 
plarmigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@Definitive View Post

Hello all, FYI - the new Studio Monitor 45 and 55 are now shipping. The SM 65 will begin shipping soon. Info is up on the Definitive web site now - Best, Joe

Joe,

I already have a PC2000 & now I need a pair of bookshelves for my front L&R. Would the new SM45's match up well with the PC2000? I read the CS-8040HD is the center recommended for the SM45s - curious why not the PC2000? If I have to get the PM1000s I will, but I thought the SM45s might be a nice upgrade to the 1000s. Thoughts?

Thank you!
plarmigan is offline  
post #5967 of 7290 Old 03-22-2012, 07:50 PM
Member
 
pigpiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello I have finally ordered a new center channel for my system to replace my procenter 1000. I ended up getting the c/l/r 2002 .(Hopefully i will get it within a few days) I know not the newest center channel that def tech has, but figured it would be the best match with the sm 450's. (Not sure if the newest would be the best).

I was wanting to get your guys input on a new subwoofer. I am choosing between a HSU VTF-2 MK4 or Outlaw LFM-1 EX Subwoofer. Which one do you think would be a more well rounded sub as in for games, movies, and music?

Thank You for your helpful input.
pigpiles is offline  
post #5968 of 7290 Old 03-22-2012, 09:14 PM
Newbie
 
PioneerSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm running a pro 1000 center , 2x BP6 towers and 2x pro 800 in the rear with a super cube 2000 sub and using a Pioneer SC-25 receiver to run it and it sounds amazing , everything is sync and has smooth transitions, I run a Xbox360(cod), pioneer elite BDP-330 Blu ray, and direct tv , sounds and looks fantastic
PioneerSC is offline  
post #5969 of 7290 Old 03-22-2012, 09:22 PM
Newbie
 
PioneerSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Plarmigan , the 450's are nice for sure as well as the 1000's , can't go wrong either way , will say i noticed that the 450's can hit a lil lower than the 1000's so unless you don't have a sub already I'd say get the 1000's for the clarity and set the crossover for the sub to wherever
PioneerSC is offline  
post #5970 of 7290 Old 03-23-2012, 11:04 AM
Senior Member
 
Joe@Definitive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 248
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plex View Post

Thanks, any word on new line up changes for the ProCinema series

Hi Plex, there are no changes planned for the near future. Best, Joe
Joe@Definitive is offline  
Reply Speakers

Tags
Definitive Technology Procinema 600 5 1 Speaker System , Definitive Technology Procinema 1000 5 1 Speaker System , Definitive Technology

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off