Long-time lurker. First post. I appreciate any feedback that you can give... I'm very much a novice. I'm going to build a Bajawaverunner DefTech system to replace a 10 year old Onkyo HTIB. Figured it was time since I just got a new 65" Samsung LCD.
- Approx. 3200-3300 cu ft basement. HT is in one half of that space but it is wide open.
- I will be mounting all speakers. No shelves or media cabinets. One of the fronts will be mounted in the corner... not sure if that's an issue or not.
- 75% movies, 25% music (mostly Pandora, Spotify, etc.)
- I plan to purchase PM1000 fronts, PC2000 center, PM800 surrounds, still unsure of sub.
- Receiver is Yamaha RX-A740BL.
- Are the PM1000's necessary or can I get away with PM800's for the fronts given the space? I assumed 1000's but I'm all for saving money
- The standard subwoofer recommendation seems to be SVS PB/SB1000, HSU, Rythmik, etc. As a novice, will I hear a difference between the SVS and, say, a SuperCube 2000? Baja has the SC's super cheap. If it's THAT much of a difference, I will take the plunge. I don't mind spending the money if it's warranted. I'm just unsure if my ear would hear it. Unfortunately, I can't listen to it prior to the purchase.
Any help would be most appreciated. I'm amazed at the level of knowledge on this forum. Hopefully I can learn something and do this the right way. Thanks guys!