Definitive Technology ProCinema Series 600/800/1000 (or 60/80/100) Thread - Page 249 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 10Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #7441 of 7454 Old 02-15-2015, 02:06 PM
Member
 
madcheeku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got a set of procinema 600 and noticed that the center only comes with 1/4" 20 thread holes. Is there any recommendation on how I can flush mount them against the wall. I won't want to get the normal mount since they will be off 2-3 inch from the wall and I want to avoid it. I will be mounting them under the TV on the wall.
madcheeku is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7442 of 7454 Old 02-15-2015, 04:20 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 7
I posted this in the Def Tech thread not knowing that there is a thread devoted to the ProSeries speakers.

I am currently re-evalutaing my HT setup (3.1) and I have a quick question. I have a set of ProMonitor 800's for my fronts and a ProCenter 1000 for my center. I am considering an upgrade of my fronts to the ProMonitor 1000's. One of the requirements for the upgrade would be the ability to hang them on the wall. I already have the Def Tech hangers installed so the 1000's seem like the best place to start. Will the 1000's be a good upgrade or will this be a fairly unnoticeable change. I am looking for a bit more bass out of my fronts and I am wondering if the lower frequency response and the large woofer will give me this?

My other question is if I upgrade to the 1000's will I also need to upgrade the center to a 2000 to keep the woofer size consistent across the sound field or can I use a different size woofers and be OK?

I will also say that I just hooked up an SVS PB-1000 sub so overall bass is not a problem.

Thanks

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________
AVR: Yamaha RX-V477, Front L/R: Def Tech ProMonitor 1000, Center: Def Tech ProCenter 2000, Sub: SVS PC12-NSD, TV: Samsung UN55EH6000, BluRay: PS4
boobar is offline  
post #7443 of 7454 Old 02-16-2015, 04:56 PM
Senior Member
 
discone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 398
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by boobar View Post
I posted this in the Def Tech thread not knowing that there is a thread devoted to the ProSeries speakers.

I am currently re-evalutaing my HT setup (3.1) and I have a quick question. I have a set of ProMonitor 800's for my fronts and a ProCenter 1000 for my center. I am considering an upgrade of my fronts to the ProMonitor 1000's. One of the requirements for the upgrade would be the ability to hang them on the wall. I already have the Def Tech hangers installed so the 1000's seem like the best place to start. Will the 1000's be a good upgrade or will this be a fairly unnoticeable change. I am looking for a bit more bass out of my fronts and I am wondering if the lower frequency response and the large woofer will give me this?

My other question is if I upgrade to the 1000's will I also need to upgrade the center to a 2000 to keep the woofer size consistent across the sound field or can I use a different size woofers and be OK?

I will also say that I just hooked up an SVS PB-1000 sub so overall bass is not a problem.

Thanks
Just wondering what is the size of your room?

If on the medium to large size the upgrade may help fill the space better and sound a bit more fuller. Yes you do want to keep the front stage as even as you can. The 800 set goes with PC-1000 where the 1000's make a good match to the PC-2000 center channel.

I listened to the 800's, 1000's and others before deciding on the 1000's as my living room opens up to the kitchen for close to 3,000cf. The 1000's seemed to sound fuller and could fill my space better. I matched them to the PC-2000 and was thinking of adding the SVS PB-1000 sub as that is what Merlin on the SVS site said would be a good fit. Well then SVS came out with the PB-2000 and I was hoping to feel the bass. I chose that sub based on the size of the room and we are also avid movie watchers, 3-4 a week. I've had the system for a year so far and I'm still smiling every time a movie starts.

As with most bookshelf speakers or smaller it helps to have a good sub to carry the load for bass. You have done that with the PB-1000 sub and if you upgrade your speakers it will still be a good match for them. Also if you do upgrade you can move the 800's to the surround sound duties for a 5.1 system as they fit well for that, if you chose.

Living Room
Panasonic TC-P65ZT60, Sony PS3, Marantz SR5008, Center PC2000, Front & Surround's PM1000, Sub SVS PB-2000, Harmony Smart Remote

Bedroom
Panasonic TC-P46S1, Panasonic HTIB SA-BT200
discone is online now  
post #7444 of 7454 Old 02-16-2015, 05:28 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by discone View Post
Just wondering what is the size of your room?

If on the medium to large size the upgrade may help fill the space better and sound a bit more fuller. Yes you do want to keep the front stage as even as you can. The 800 set goes with PC-1000 where the 1000's make a good match to the PC-2000 center channel.

I listened to the 800's, 1000's and others before deciding on the 1000's as my living room opens up to the kitchen for close to 3,000cf. The 1000's seemed to sound fuller and could fill my space better. I matched them to the PC-2000 and was thinking of adding the SVS PB-1000 sub as that is what Merlin on the SVS site said would be a good fit. Well then SVS came out with the PB-2000 and I was hoping to feel the bass. I chose that sub based on the size of the room and we are also avid movie watchers, 3-4 a week. I've had the system for a year so far and I'm still smiling every time a movie starts.

As with most bookshelf speakers or smaller it helps to have a good sub to carry the load for bass. You have done that with the PB-1000 sub and if you upgrade your speakers it will still be a good match for them. Also if you do upgrade you can move the 800's to the surround sound duties for a 5.1 system as they fit well for that, if you chose.
Total room size is 25 x 16 x 7 with the listening/seating area being 16 x 16 x 7. It is pretty open on the back and not at all good for HT. As much as I really like the PB-1000 I am already looking at a possible upgrade to the PC-2000, the PB-2000 is just to big a footprint for my living room.

I pulled the trigger on the PM1000's and the PC2000 today to try them out.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________
AVR: Yamaha RX-V477, Front L/R: Def Tech ProMonitor 1000, Center: Def Tech ProCenter 2000, Sub: SVS PC12-NSD, TV: Samsung UN55EH6000, BluRay: PS4
boobar is offline  
post #7445 of 7454 Old 02-16-2015, 06:07 PM
Senior Member
 
discone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 398
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by boobar View Post
Total room size is 25 x 16 x 7 with the listening/seating area being 16 x 16 x 7. It is pretty open on the back and not at all good for HT. As much as I really like the PB-1000 I am already looking at a possible upgrade to the PC-2000, the PB-2000 is just to big a footprint for my living room.

I pulled the trigger on the PM1000's and the PC2000 today to try them out.
Great! I think you will be happy with those new speakers as your room is close to 3,000cf. I'll be look out for your thoughts once you have tried them out and broke them in.

Upgrading the sub also? That's awsome! You are in for a real treat if you opt for that PC-2000 sub. If it is anything like the PB-2000 you'll not only hear the bass but you'll be feeling it also. Not to many reviews yet for that sub as it's still to new and just started shipping out last month so if you do get one please post your thoughts.
discone is online now  
post #7446 of 7454 Old 02-16-2015, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
steveting99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,470
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by boobar View Post
Total room size is 25 x 16 x 7 with the listening/seating area being 16 x 16 x 7. It is pretty open on the back and not at all good for HT. As much as I really like the PB-1000 I am already looking at a possible upgrade to the PC-2000, the PB-2000 is just to big a footprint for my living room.

I pulled the trigger on the PM1000's and the PC2000 today to try them out.
For the sub, it will "see" the whole volume and not just where the speakers are placed within the smaller area. Since you've mentioned it opens up to the back, that volume would also need to be taken into consideration.

One solution is to use multiple subs, i.e. one near field and another further away along the room boundaries. If possible use identical subs. Use of multiple subs have numerous benefits. It will smooth out the bass frequencies over a larger sweet spot and give more seat to seat consistency. It will provide more headroom. It will also minimize localization. It will allow a higher crossover frequency between the satellites and the sub.

The hard part is dialing in multiple subs. But there is help available here in AVS if one is interested.

Maranatz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, LG LW6500, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301, MiniDSP(2x4), Rythmik 2xF12G+2xF8(on order), Emotiva 2xXPA-5 Gen2 (on order)
steveting99 is offline  
post #7447 of 7454 Old 02-17-2015, 07:16 AM
Advanced Member
 
AlexanderDelarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Omaha
Posts: 830
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by boobar View Post
I posted this in the Def Tech thread not knowing that there is a thread devoted to the ProSeries speakers.

I am currently re-evalutaing my HT setup (3.1) and I have a quick question. I have a set of ProMonitor 800's for my fronts and a ProCenter 1000 for my center. I am considering an upgrade of my fronts to the ProMonitor 1000's. One of the requirements for the upgrade would be the ability to hang them on the wall. I already have the Def Tech hangers installed so the 1000's seem like the best place to start. Will the 1000's be a good upgrade or will this be a fairly unnoticeable change. I am looking for a bit more bass out of my fronts and I am wondering if the lower frequency response and the large woofer will give me this?

My other question is if I upgrade to the 1000's will I also need to upgrade the center to a 2000 to keep the woofer size consistent across the sound field or can I use a different size woofers and be OK?

I will also say that I just hooked up an SVS PB-1000 sub so overall bass is not a problem.

Thanks
You will want the PC 2000 with the pm 1000's for sure. I love them.

Epson Pro Cinema 6030 | OPPO BDP - 103 | Pioneer Elite VSX 70 | Definitive Technology PM 1000 (L/R) | PC 2000 (C) | SR8040BP's (7.1) | Rythmik LV12R | Carada Criterion Brilliant White 118" | URC MX 780 & MRF 350 | ATS Acoustic Panels | Sanus AV Rack | DirecTv | Roku 2 | Monoprice 12AWG |
AlexanderDelarg is online now  
post #7448 of 7454 Old 02-18-2015, 04:38 AM
Member
 
Wishkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by boobar View Post
I posted this in the Def Tech thread not knowing that there is a thread devoted to the ProSeries speakers.

I am currently re-evalutaing my HT setup (3.1) and I have a quick question. I have a set of ProMonitor 800's for my fronts and a ProCenter 1000 for my center. I am considering an upgrade of my fronts to the ProMonitor 1000's. One of the requirements for the upgrade would be the ability to hang them on the wall. I already have the Def Tech hangers installed so the 1000's seem like the best place to start. Will the 1000's be a good upgrade or will this be a fairly unnoticeable change. I am looking for a bit more bass out of my fronts and I am wondering if the lower frequency response and the large woofer will give me this?

My other question is if I upgrade to the 1000's will I also need to upgrade the center to a 2000 to keep the woofer size consistent across the sound field or can I use a different size woofers and be OK?

I will also say that I just hooked up an SVS PB-1000 sub so overall bass is not a problem.

Thanks

I have that setup for years now and I love them. I strictly used them for movies and they sound great. I have a PC2000 for center and the PM1000 for sorround, just added 4 DefTech DIR6.5 on the ceiling for Dolby Atmos I'm impressed Deftech make really nice speakers without breaking much your pocket. The PM producer good sound as you can get some good mid range out of them. Enjoy.

Last edited by Wishkid; 02-18-2015 at 04:39 AM.
Wishkid is offline  
post #7449 of 7454 Old 02-22-2015, 07:58 AM
Member
 
nittro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
hi all I have a crazy question I have a pro sub 1000 just sitting around and my center channel is trhe def tec cs8040hd. I was going to wire the center through the sub that I have and run my center as full range letting the cross over in the sub to hadle the cross over point for the center . the problem im having is that my towers are out doing my center channel and I don't have the funds yet to get a full range front channel yet
nittro is offline  
post #7450 of 7454 Old 02-22-2015, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member
 
ALtlOff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: St. Louis Mo
Posts: 507
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittro View Post
hi all I have a crazy question I have a pro sub 1000 just sitting around and my center channel is trhe def tec cs8040hd. I was going to wire the center through the sub that I have and run my center as full range letting the cross over in the sub to hadle the cross over point for the center . the problem im having is that my towers are out doing my center channel and I don't have the funds yet to get a full range front channel yet
It should work just fine, besides it won't hurt to try it, just remember your not really talking about super low frequencies like the a "Sub", so keep the 1000 as close to the center as possible the sound will be localized more than a regular sub, so you will notice where it's coming from. (I use Supercubes as powered woofers for my surrounds and you can hear where the sound is coming from)

*Warning* None of my suggestions, ideas or even thoughts have any WAF, in any way!
My Build Thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...formation.html
ALtlOff is offline  
post #7451 of 7454 Old 02-22-2015, 12:43 PM
Member
 
nittro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Thank you for the info just got finished whirring everything up. Getting ready to try it out will post back in a few
nittro is offline  
post #7452 of 7454 Old 02-23-2015, 03:51 PM
Member
 
nittro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Ok after running my center channel through my sub and setting the center to large all I can say is wow what a differance this had made. I'm finding out I don't have to turn up the volume the hear to dialog.so in the end all this has told me that I need a new center. Any recommendations .
My system consist of
St 8040 bp towers
Cs 8040 hd center
Sr 8080 bp
Pro monitor 1000 for rears and heights
R
nittro is offline  
post #7453 of 7454 Old 02-23-2015, 03:57 PM
Member
 
nittro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Yamaha rx 3020 reciver
nittro is offline  
post #7454 of 7454 Old 02-23-2015, 08:16 PM
Advanced Member
 
ALtlOff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: St. Louis Mo
Posts: 507
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittro View Post
Ok after running my center channel through my sub and setting the center to large all I can say is wow what a differance this had made. I'm finding out I don't have to turn up the volume the hear to dialog.so in the end all this has told me that I need a new center. Any recommendations .
My system consist of
St 8040 bp towers
Cs 8040 hd center
Sr 8080 bp
Pro monitor 1000 for rears and heights
R
IMO, these would be your choices.
Non-Powered:
PC-2000 - Different styling, but the 5.25" drivers should give you some of the lower tones that you seem to not be getting.
CLR2002 - Older speaker, same styling as what you have, again, larger drivers.
Powered:
CS8060-HD - Powered woofer, probably very close to what you just pieced together.
CLR2300 or CLR2500 - Older models but still excellent, the 2300 would be the closest match to what you have or the CS8060.

*Warning* None of my suggestions, ideas or even thoughts have any WAF, in any way!
My Build Thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...formation.html
ALtlOff is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Definitive Technology Procinema 600 5 1 Speaker System , Definitive Technology Procinema 1000 5 1 Speaker System , Definitive Technology



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off