Definitive Technology ProCinema Series 600/800/1000 (or 60/80/100) Thread - Page 252 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 17Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #7531 of 7572 Old 12-24-2015, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Daryl L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,911
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 180
I just upgraded to a 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos system layout with the Denon receiver. My side surround speakers are dipole speakers that I've been using for years for surround. I understand dipole speakers are not a good choice for surrounds in an Atmos set up due to their negative impact on the up firing Atmos add-on modules performance. I've decided to replace them with some direct firing speakers. Due to my room layout and doors and wall shelves my choices are pretty limited to the speakers I can use to replace my current surrounds (it's a size location thing). I've been looking around and ran across the Promonitor 800s that seem to fit the bill due to their small size.

My question is do you think these speakers could perform okay handling a frequency down to 80hz? I notice that Definitive Technology has a recommended A/V receiver crossover setting of 100hz even though their frequency range is listed at 57 Hz - 30 kHz. I'm aware that measurement is measured in and an anechoic chamber setting as opposed to an average room at home. Any information you can provide is appreciated.
Daryl L is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7532 of 7572 Old 12-24-2015, 10:08 AM
Senior Member
 
Cla55clown's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Westminster, Colorado (Denver metro)
Posts: 375
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 52
I have my PM800s crossed over at 100hz, the setting picked by the AVR when using YPAO. Sounds fine to me. They really aren't very big drivers so I think 100hz is appropriate.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Daryl L likes this.
Cla55clown is offline  
post #7533 of 7572 Old 12-28-2015, 09:32 AM
Senior Member
 
cmeinck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have an older Mythos set, but they aren't wife friendly. I'm thinking of migrating from an in-ceiling system to ProCinema 1000 for the L/R. Would the Mythos 3 I currently own work as a center channel? Would there be any benefit from using the ProCinema 2000 in place of the Mythos 3?
cmeinck is offline  
post #7534 of 7572 Old 12-28-2015, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ALtlOff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: St. Louis Mo
Posts: 2,033
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 778 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeinck View Post
I have an older Mythos set, but they aren't wife friendly. I'm thinking of migrating from an in-ceiling system to ProCinema 1000 for the L/R. Would the Mythos 3 I currently own work as a center channel? Would there be any benefit from using the ProCinema 2000 in place of the Mythos 3?
Honestly, just buy the Fronts and give it a try, I have a Three and it is a surprisingly full sounding center, if it sounds off to you, then go to the PC2000. (Not 1000)

*Warning* None of my suggestions, ideas or even thoughts have any WAF, in any way!
My Build Thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...formation.html

Last edited by ALtlOff; 12-29-2015 at 08:04 AM.
ALtlOff is offline  
post #7535 of 7572 Old 12-29-2015, 05:43 AM
Member
 
ROCCJA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl L View Post
I just upgraded to a 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos system layout with the Denon receiver. My side surround speakers are dipole speakers that I've been using for years for surround. I understand dipole speakers are not a good choice for surrounds in an Atmos set up due to their negative impact on the up firing Atmos add-on modules performance. I've decided to replace them with some direct firing speakers. Due to my room layout and doors and wall shelves my choices are pretty limited to the speakers I can use to replace my current surrounds (it's a size location thing). I've been looking around and ran across the Promonitor 800s that seem to fit the bill due to their small size.

My question is do you think these speakers could perform okay handling a frequency down to 80hz? I notice that Definitive Technology has a recommended A/V receiver crossover setting of 100hz even though their frequency range is listed at 57 Hz - 30 kHz. I'm aware that measurement is measured in and an anechoic chamber setting as opposed to an average room at home. Any information you can provide is appreciated.
Hi i have the 800's in surround and crossover set to 80hz, and they sound terrific in that role, you will be actually surprised at the bass these small speakers can produce.

Actually my surround 800's were sounding better than my Front 1000's, until I set the fronts to Large, and the Aud. setting to L/R Bypass.

Samsung UN65JS8500 TV, Denon S710W Dolby Atmos 5.2.2, DTSX Receiver, Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000's (Fronts), ProCenter 2000 (Center), ProMonitor 800's (Surround), MAudio 300w Subwoofer. Sony BDPS6500.
ROCCJA is offline  
post #7536 of 7572 Old 02-08-2016, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
de8212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,027
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I think I've asked before but does anyone have their PM1000's mounted high on the wall? I know it's not ideal but that's where my current speakers are and would be an easy transition to switch over to PM1000's in front. They're only about 1.5" taller and 1.5" deeper than my current speakers.

Any pics of this type of setup?
de8212 is online now  
post #7537 of 7572 Old 02-08-2016, 07:47 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: NC
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by de8212 View Post
I think I've asked before but does anyone have their PM1000's mounted high on the wall? I know it's not ideal but that's where my current speakers are and would be an easy transition to switch over to PM1000's in front. They're only about 1.5" taller and 1.5" deeper than my current speakers.

Any pics of this type of setup?
Look at my old post in this thread for pictures:
Definitive Technology ProCinema Series 600/800/1000 (or 60/80/100) Thread

Last year, I moved the PM1000s to surround duty.

Def Tech SM350 - Front L/R with Def Tech Pro800 Front heights
Def Tech PC2000 - Center / Def Tech Pro1000 - Surrounds L/R
Hsu VTF3 MK5

pmat123 is offline  
post #7538 of 7572 Old 02-09-2016, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
de8212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,027
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmat123 View Post
Look at my old post in this thread for pictures:
Definitive Technology ProCinema Series 600/800/1000 (or 60/80/100) Thread

Last year, I moved the PM1000s to surround duty.
Thanks. that's what I was looking for. Mine would be slightly higher but I have different mounts. I'm hoping they will hold the weight of the 1000's.
de8212 is online now  
post #7539 of 7572 Old 02-16-2016, 08:56 PM
Advanced Member
 
dkyork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 527
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Is it worth it to go from 800s to 1ks on my surrounds and rear surrounds? I have a large open room and need to fill it more. They're high on the wall and angled down about 45 degrees. I'd like to use the same mount as my 800. Is there any other deftech speaker that you would recommend? Bipolar maybe? Remember these are high up and angle down.
dkyork is offline  
post #7540 of 7572 Old 02-17-2016, 04:41 AM
Advanced Member
 
trolly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: E. TN
Posts: 792
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Mythos 10 or Pro Center 2000

Between the Mythos 10 and Pro Center 2000, I'm wondering which is the better option for a center channel to run with Pro Monitor 1000's for my LCR.
trolly is offline  
post #7541 of 7572 Old 02-17-2016, 07:36 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: NC
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by trolly View Post
Between the Mythos 10 and Pro Center 2000, I'm wondering which is the better option for a center channel to run with Pro Monitor 1000's for my LCR.
Procenter 2000 will be better. It is built for using with PM1000s - exactly similar drivers.

Def Tech SM350 - Front L/R with Def Tech Pro800 Front heights
Def Tech PC2000 - Center / Def Tech Pro1000 - Surrounds L/R
Hsu VTF3 MK5

pmat123 is offline  
post #7542 of 7572 Old 02-17-2016, 07:42 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: NC
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkyork View Post
Is it worth it to go from 800s to 1ks on my surrounds and rear surrounds? I have a large open room and need to fill it more. They're high on the wall and angled down about 45 degrees. I'd like to use the same mount as my 800. Is there any other deftech speaker that you would recommend? Bipolar maybe? Remember these are high up and angle down.
I moved from 800s to 1000s for my surrounds and did notice a difference. It might be just my perception but I feel that as the surrounds are closer to your ears, you can easily tell the difference especially in movies which have lot of surround dynamics. 1000s are definitely more fuller than 800s and sound better.

I have never tried the Bipolar surrounds.

Def Tech SM350 - Front L/R with Def Tech Pro800 Front heights
Def Tech PC2000 - Center / Def Tech Pro1000 - Surrounds L/R
Hsu VTF3 MK5

pmat123 is offline  
post #7543 of 7572 Old 02-17-2016, 09:16 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Fort Mill, SC
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 38
So my wife has asked to have a built-in entertainment center installed. The LCR speakers (Pro 1000s) will all sit on the center. The center channel, I'm not concerned about as it will be in the more open pocket where the TV would sit.
But the L/R speakers would probably sit in a slightly more encased bookshelf. Not being ported, I'm thinking that if I have them far enough forward, there shouldn't be an issue, but does anyone have any experience with their speakers (Pro 1000s or not) sitting in a bookshelf?

Thinking of something like these:
http://lumberjocks.com/projects/80135
http://images-33.har.com/e1/MediaDis...3723133-41.jpg

Samsung 55" JS8500
Def Tech ProMonitor 1000, Def Tech ProCenter 1000, TDG Audio NFC-61 In Ceiling Surround
SVS SB-2000
Onkyo TX-NR646
PS3, Roku 2 (4210)
Harmony 650
jfwilliams1 is offline  
post #7544 of 7572 Old 02-17-2016, 11:40 AM
Advanced Member
 
trolly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: E. TN
Posts: 792
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmat123 View Post
Procenter 2000 will be better. It is built for using with PM1000s - exactly similar drivers.
That's what originally led to my question because the Mythos 10 has the same drivers as the PM1000's as well in addition to the larger bass radiators.
trolly is offline  
post #7545 of 7572 Old 02-17-2016, 12:12 PM
Member
 
Laika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by trolly View Post
That's what originally led to my question because the Mythos 10 has the same drivers as the PM1000's as well in addition to the larger bass radiators.
I have both and have tried both, same drivers, both blend well, bit more lower end with the 10, that said the 10 is back in it's box and I changed back to the 2000.

Narrow room, mainly a sound stage issue trade off, the 10 came too close in distance to the L/R 1000's. It resulted in all three fronts sounding sometimes more like one speaker than three. When a car or whatever panned across the TV screen and of course the three speakers the 2000 and the two 1000's had much more of a imaging left to right or right to left than the 1000's with the 10.

If your room is wide the opposite may be true.

Do have a used 10 with very few hours on it if interested but I am very happy with the way the 2000 center sounds. Both beat the pants of the 1000's center with mismatched drivers,
Laika is offline  
post #7546 of 7572 Old 02-17-2016, 01:27 PM
Advanced Member
 
trolly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: E. TN
Posts: 792
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laika View Post
I have both and have tried both, same drivers, both blend well, bit more lower end with the 10, that said the 10 is back in it's box and I changed back to the 2000.

Narrow room, mainly a sound stage issue trade off, the 10 came too close in distance to the L/R 1000's. It resulted in all three fronts sounding sometimes more like one speaker than three. When a car or whatever panned across the TV screen and of course the three speakers the 2000 and the two 1000's had much more of a imaging left to right or right to left than the 1000's with the 10.

If your room is wide the opposite may be true.

Do have a used 10 with very few hours on it if interested but I am very happy with the way the 2000 center sounds. Both beat the pants of the 1000's center with mismatched drivers,
Thanks Laika - that's the information I was looking for.
trolly is offline  
post #7547 of 7572 Old 02-22-2016, 03:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Hey guys, I am wanting to jump ship from Mirage. I have the OS3 FS for my fronts, the OMD C1 for my center, and the OS3 Sats as my surrounds with a Martin Logan 700 wireless sub, all hooked up to my Yamaha RXA 3050. I was talking to a rep on Crutchfield and advised me NOT to get the Studio Monitors(was thinking of getting em) for my purposes which is tv and movie watching. Hardly music listening. I would like advice on what to get for surrounds to go along with the 1000's and peoples opinions(likes-dislikes) on the 1000's. Thanks
mon2479 is offline  
post #7548 of 7572 Old 02-22-2016, 03:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ALtlOff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: St. Louis Mo
Posts: 2,033
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 778 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by mon2479 View Post
Hey guys, I am wanting to jump ship from Mirage. I have the OS3 FS for my fronts, the OMD C1 for my center, and the OS3 Sats as my surrounds with a Martin Logan 700 wireless sub, all hooked up to my Yamaha RXA 3050. I was talking to a rep on Crutchfield and advised me NOT to get the Studio Monitors(was thinking of getting em) for my purposes which is tv and movie watching. Hardly music listening. I would like advice on what to get for surrounds to go along with the 1000's and peoples opinions(likes-dislikes) on the 1000's. Thanks
The recommendation makes no sense, unless "they" just don't have them to sell anymore, the Studio Monitor is an extremely capable speaker (all of them) for HT.
As far as the PM1000's they are much fuller sounding than you would expect from their size. And in reality you'd probably just want to go with another pair of them for Surrounds if your using them for fronts. Also you would want the PC2000 for your center, not the 1000, to match up with the PM1000's or any of the Studio Monitors.

*Warning* None of my suggestions, ideas or even thoughts have any WAF, in any way!
My Build Thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...formation.html
ALtlOff is offline  
post #7549 of 7572 Old 02-22-2016, 05:46 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 3
He just told me it would be a waste of money to use the studio monitors for only tv and movies. That I would never really use them to their full potential, so the 1000's are perfect for me
mon2479 is offline  
post #7550 of 7572 Old 03-04-2016, 05:29 PM
Advanced Member
 
chrisexv6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: CT
Posts: 549
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quick question - I have a set of ProCinema 600 hooked up to a Pioneer SC-1222-K AVR. I wired them up so that everything feeds into the ProSub.

If I run MCACC on the AVR, can I expect it to make accurate changes? I wasnt sure if having everything run to the sub/controller first vs. run to individual speakers would make a difference.

Thanks in advance.

-Chris
chrisexv6 is offline  
post #7551 of 7572 Old 03-04-2016, 05:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ALtlOff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: St. Louis Mo
Posts: 2,033
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 778 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisexv6 View Post
Quick question - I have a set of ProCinema 600 hooked up to a Pioneer SC-1222-K AVR. I wired them up so that everything feeds into the ProSub.

If I run MCACC on the AVR, can I expect it to make accurate changes? I wasnt sure if having everything run to the sub/controller first vs. run to individual speakers would make a difference.

Thanks in advance.

-Chris
Probably not, MCACC not only sets distances and levels, it sets crossovers, running through the ProSub is already splitting some crossover, no matter where you set it.

It won't hurt anything to try, just make sure you make a nite of your current settings so you can go back if you want to.

Also, actual distance and manual level matching is going to get you pretty close, you can always play with manual tweaking from there, just don't be in a hurry about it, take time and experiment with what works for you.

*Warning* None of my suggestions, ideas or even thoughts have any WAF, in any way!
My Build Thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...formation.html
ALtlOff is offline  
post #7552 of 7572 Old 04-15-2016, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
de8212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,027
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Awaiting delivery of two PM1000's (LR), procenter 2000 and two PM800's (rears). Tracking shows I should get them today but not sure if I will have a chance to hook them up until late Sunday.

Also just got a yamaha rx-a1050 receiver. Anyone happen to run a yamaha receiver with PM1000/800? If so I'd love to know what sound modes you use for tv/movie/music.

They are refurbished from baja so I was curious if I need to break them in before I run YPAO?

My one concern is that they won't fit the old omni mount I have my current JBL N24's on. No idea what I'll do if that's an issue.


Any other thoughts?
de8212 is online now  
post #7553 of 7572 Old 04-15-2016, 10:55 AM
Advanced Member
 
AlexanderDelarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Omaha
Posts: 965
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by de8212 View Post
Awaiting delivery of two PM1000's (LR), procenter 2000 and two PM800's (rears). Tracking shows I should get them today but not sure if I will have a chance to hook them up until late Sunday.

Also just got a yamaha rx-a1050 receiver. Anyone happen to run a yamaha receiver with PM1000/800? If so I'd love to know what sound modes you use for tv/movie/music.

They are refurbished from baja so I was curious if I need to break them in before I run YPAO?

My one concern is that they won't fit the old omni mount I have my current JBL N24's on. No idea what I'll do if that's an issue.


Any other thoughts?
Congrats on the new system. I have the same fronts. No need for a break-in period per se. Baja gets lots of love on here.

Epson Pro Cinema 6030 | OPPO BDP - 103 | Pioneer Elite VSX 70 | Definitive Technology PM 1000 (L/R) | PC 2000 (C) | SR8040BP's (7.1) | Rythmik LV12R | Carada Criterion Brilliant White 118" | URC MX 780 & MRF 350 | ATS Acoustic Panels | Sanus AV Rack | DirecTv | Roku 2 | Monoprice 12AWG |
AlexanderDelarg is offline  
post #7554 of 7572 Old 04-15-2016, 04:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
de8212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,027
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderDelarg View Post
Congrats on the new system. I have the same fronts. No need for a break-in period per se. Baja gets lots of love on here.
Thanks. I'm kinda in a dilemma. Got the front two PM1000's mounted. When I got to the 800's I really didn't realize how much smaller these are compared to my JBLs.

The 800's are:
sensitivity 89 dB
8-ohm impedance
handles up to 150 watts
one 1" pure aluminum dome tweeter
one 4-1/2" BDSS bass/midrange driver pressure-coupled to one 4-1/2" bass radiator
4-13/16"W x 8-3/8"H x 5-1/16"D

The N24's are:
4-inch PolyPlas bass driver and 0.75-inch titanium laminate dome tweeter
86 dB sensitivity
100-watt power handling
4.8 x 6.2 x 9.5 inches

But the 800's look small next to the N24's.




In hindsight I would have just got 4 pm1000's but it's too late. Should I just leave the N24's in the rear???

Edit - And I forgot to put the little black plug in the bottom of the 1000's. Is that just cosmetic?

Last edited by de8212; 04-15-2016 at 04:45 PM.
de8212 is online now  
post #7555 of 7572 Old 04-17-2016, 09:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
steveting99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 2,921
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1571 Post(s)
Liked: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by de8212 View Post
Thanks. I'm kinda in a dilemma. Got the front two PM1000's mounted. When I got to the 800's I really didn't realize how much smaller these are compared to my JBLs.

The 800's are:
sensitivity 89 dB
8-ohm impedance
handles up to 150 watts
one 1" pure aluminum dome tweeter
one 4-1/2" BDSS bass/midrange driver pressure-coupled to one 4-1/2" bass radiator
4-13/16"W x 8-3/8"H x 5-1/16"D

The N24's are:
4-inch PolyPlas bass driver and 0.75-inch titanium laminate dome tweeter
86 dB sensitivity
100-watt power handling
4.8 x 6.2 x 9.5 inches

But the 800's look small next to the N24's.




In hindsight I would have just got 4 pm1000's but it's too late. Should I just leave the N24's in the rear???

Edit - And I forgot to put the little black plug in the bottom of the 1000's. Is that just cosmetic?
The JBL N24 will sound different to the Def Tech PM800.

Would stick with the Def Tech speakers for the surrounds as there will be a tonal match with the front sound stage.

Note that in most movie sound tracks, 80% of the sound field is coming from the front LCR. The surrounds generally provide ambiance.

If you've got a good pair of subs, the PM800 + subs should be able to reproduce the full range signals in the surround channels.

Marantz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, aTV, Harmony Home Control remote, KEF E301+T101, MiniDSP (2x4)+(10x10HD)+(DDRC-88A), Emotiva 2xXPA-5 (Gen2), Rythmik 2xF12G+2xF8, HiMedia Q16, LG 55EC9300.
steveting99 is offline  
post #7556 of 7572 Old 04-19-2016, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
de8212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,027
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Another PC2000 question.

My center has to be mounted higher than ear height. So, would I just put a dvd case or something underneath the rear to help angle the speakers down towards me? I thought (obviously incorrectly) that the PC2000 came with some adjustable feet on the bottom that would help with this.
de8212 is online now  
post #7557 of 7572 Old 04-19-2016, 06:27 PM
Senior Member
 
discone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by de8212 View Post
Another PC2000 question.

My center has to be mounted higher than ear height. So, would I just put a dvd case or something underneath the rear to help angle the speakers down towards me? I thought (obviously incorrectly) that the PC2000 came with some adjustable feet on the bottom that would help with this.
The adjustment that you may be thinking of is on the rear of the speaker. The middle leg can be adjusted out to angle the speaker but may not come out far enough to angle downward just more level. You may need to put something under it like you said.
discone is offline  
post #7558 of 7572 Old 04-19-2016, 06:38 PM
Senior Member
 
discone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by de8212 View Post
I think I've asked before but does anyone have their PM1000's mounted high on the wall? I know it's not ideal but that's where my current speakers are and would be an easy transition to switch over to PM1000's in front. They're only about 1.5" taller and 1.5" deeper than my current speakers.

Any pics of this type of setup?

I mounted a couple high up on the wall and even some surrounds on the ceiling. They are mounted upside down but to me still sound great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0541.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	1392346   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0542.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	1392354   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0543.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	1392362  

Living Room
Panasonic TC-P65ZT60, Sony PS3, Marantz SR5008, Center PC2000, Front & Surround's PM1000, Sub SVS PB-2000, Harmony Smart Remote

Bedroom
Panasonic TC-P46S1, Panasonic HTIB SA-BT200
discone is offline  
post #7559 of 7572 Old 04-20-2016, 06:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
de8212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,027
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by discone View Post
The adjustment that you may be thinking of is on the rear of the speaker. The middle leg can be adjusted out to angle the speaker but may not come out far enough to angle downward just more level. You may need to put something under it like you said.
Thanks. I'll have to flip it over today but I don't remember anything on the bottom that could be moved. I seem to recall a little rubber nub of some sort but I thought that was simply for gripping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discone View Post
I mounted a couple high up on the wall and even some surrounds on the ceiling. They are mounted upside down but to me still sound great.
Interesting. I never considered mounting them upside down. Since they have those radiators or whatever on top, I wonder if it's better to aim them down???
de8212 is online now  
post #7560 of 7572 Old 04-20-2016, 03:23 PM
Senior Member
 
discone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by de8212 View Post
Thanks. I'll have to flip it over today but I don't remember anything on the bottom that could be moved. I seem to recall a little rubber nub of some sort but I thought that was simply for gripping.



Interesting. I never considered mounting them upside down. Since they have those radiators or whatever on top, I wonder if it's better to aim them down???

Yes that little rubber nub is the adjustment screw. I't doesn't come out very far though. I have it out almost all the way to aim the PC2000 level to our seating area. I did find though by doing that it made the front two hard nubs easy to spin the speaker. to solve that I have a little rubber piece under each one.

Is it better to aim them down? I'm not an expert and haven't heard either way. I did it in the thought as mounting the speaker so close to the ceiling the reflection may cause issues. The L/R are right side up but the 4 surrounds are the same upside down. We watch a lot of movies and we like the sound even if the sound wave's are upside down they sound right side up to us!
discone is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Definitive Technology Procinema 600 5 1 Speaker System , Definitive Technology Procinema 1000 5 1 Speaker System , Definitive Technology

taboola here


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off