Definitive Technology ProCinema Series 600/800/1000 (or 60/80/100) Thread - Page 255 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 22Likes

Old 02-17-2017, 10:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1059 Post(s)
Liked: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by tboysen00 View Post
Thanks. Btw nice build thread just went through your thread. Sorry another question. I have been trying to figure out the Yamaha presence options. Most of the people I have seen on the web use the presence speakers up front. Would I be ok in the surround back/presence output for the backs? I guess I don't get how I can can use this option as either the presense (front) or back surrounds? Thanks
Check your manual, you should be able to use then l them as Rear Surrounds for 7.1 by using the proper setup configuration, and if you like, rear surrounds can be mounted up high as well.

And, thanks. Now you know where my screen name comes from.
tboysen00 likes this.

*Warning* None of my suggestions, ideas or even thoughts have any WAF, in any way!
My Build Thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...formation.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2017, 10:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALtlOff View Post
Check your manual, you should be able to use then l them as Rear Surrounds for 7.1 by using the proper setup configuration, and if you like, rear surrounds can be mounted up high as well.

And, thanks. Now you know where my screen name comes from.
Ha yeah. Love the setup. Someday You recommend the SVS pb 1000. I am thinking this sub wouldn't work well with my prosub 600 as the prosub is sealed and the pb is ported. Wonder if I'd be better off with the SVS SB?
Old 02-18-2017, 12:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1059 Post(s)
Liked: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by tboysen00 View Post
Ha yeah. Love the setup. Someday You recommend the SVS pb 1000. I am thinking this sub wouldn't work well with my prosub 600 as the prosub is sealed and the pb is ported. Wonder if I'd be better off with the SVS SB?
Actually I was recommending either, they are the same price.
Ported or Sealed really won't matter as far as the matching, the real issue is actually going to be size, the PB is actually quite large, so if you do decide on the PB, do yourself a favor and make a box the same size as the Sub to make sure it will physically fit in your room.

*Warning* None of my suggestions, ideas or even thoughts have any WAF, in any way!
My Build Thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...formation.html

Old Today, 01:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoo382 View Post
Taking apart a Promonitor 600 (and I assume 800/1000) can be a puzzle. I spent 2 hours searching everything I could find so I figured I should at least post this for someone in the same situation.

PM600
1. Remove grille. (Start at bottom, slowly moving upward)
2. Remove top two screws. You'll notice that they are screws NOT bolts. (You don't have to remove these but I did.)
3. Do not (as I did) remove any of the 4 screws holding the woofer in place as then you'll have a nut bouncing around inside.
4. Do not remove the screw on the top thinking it's holding something on. (It isn't)
5. Not obvious: there are screws UNDERNEATH each of the rubber grommets that hold on the speaker grille. Pry them off and remove all 6 of the screws. Those 6 are what is holding it on.
6. Gently pull the frame out by pushing just a little on the top bezel. Just wiggle it a enough and it will start to give. (Note, as you'll find out when open, that top baffle is just lightly glued on)
7. Before it come all of the way out, you'll need to reach in and disconnect the two wire going to the binding posts. Again, a little wiggle back and forth and pull straight up. (Don't worry, they are tough, you won't hurt them)

I'll leave the rest to you. My issue was that the woofer is not
working. I looked at every solder joint, every millimeter of the PC board and could not find a issue. Therefore I assume a resistor or capacitor is blown, The 5w resistor you can't really tell if it bad. The capacitors maybe looked like they were leaking, but I could not verify even looking with a loop. Oh well! I will put it all back together and see if it works. That is how I fix all of my stuff. MAGIC!
THANKS!! Saved me a lot of time. Had very weak output on one satellite. Opened it up in 5 minutes with your help, otherwise, I'd have bee cursing up a storm not knowing about the screws behind those rubber grommets! Checked connections.... fine. Called support just to price a replacement crossover. They're sending one out.... FREE OF CHARGE! What? I read all of the good things about Definitive Technology's customer support and would like to add my experience. Why can't all companies be like this? They are sure making a great name for their company!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Definitive Technology Procinema 600 5 1 Speaker System , Definitive Technology Procinema 1000 5 1 Speaker System , Definitive Technology