The OFFICIAL JBL Owners Thread - Page 517 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #15481 of 15484 Old Yesterday, 04:42 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a question about timbre matching JBL speakers. Currently, I have S312IIs and a S Center II up front with S36IIs for sides and rears. All of these speakers are from the same line and matched. If I upgraded to the performance series PC600 Center, would the timbre still match? Reading the specs of the speakers, they seems to use a lot of key words in them that make me think they would blend ok with each other. let me know if you guys have heard the difference between the old Studio line and the Performance line and if you think it would work.

PC600 description:
This 3-way, dual 6-inch center speaker reproduces sound with incredible power, while preserving the clarity and detail of the original recording.

Pure-titanium, high-frequency-transducer domes with neodymium magnet structures are ultralight to accurately reproduce lightning-fast sounds like cymbal crashes, yet extremely rigid to eliminate distortion and ear fatigue in the transition between the midrange and high-frequency bands.

Elliptical Oblate Spheroidalâ„¢ (EOS) waveguides were first developed for our JBL Professional LSR studio monitors. They enable Performance Series speakers to evenly disperse high frequencies and create precise stereo imaging over a wide listening area.

Pure-titanium, inverted dome midrange transducers seamlessly blend with the titanium dome tweeters by offering nearly perfect pistonic motion that eliminates uncontrollable flexing found in conventional cones. The inverted dome is driven precisely at its center, which cancels resonances inherent in cone materials. The result is ruler-flat frequency response well beyond the crossover point.

Titanium-alloy, inverted dome low-frequency transducers deliver precise, undistorted bass reproduction that matches the titanium tweeters and midranges. The powerful neodymium magnet provides its own video-shielding, allowing flexible placement, even near video monitors. Cast-aluminum frames remain rigid even at the highest volumes, avoiding distortion found in some other speaker designs. And aluminum doesn't affect the magnetic flux, so that driver movement is precise and unmuddied.

S Center II description:
The amazing 3-way S-Center ii brings dialogue and sound effects to life with outstanding clarity and realism, thanks to pro-style JBL technology! A 1" titanium tweeter and 4" PolyPlas midrange are mounted on an LFP (Linear Field Proximity) bezel for precise localization — on-screen sounds are firmly anchored in place. Two 5-1/2" PolyPlas woofers and rear-firing ports provide ample sonic depth. The molded poly cabinet, with graceful curves and dark gray finish, looks right at home on top of your TV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15482 of 15484 Old Yesterday, 05:30 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
A quick poll..
Do Studio L owners toe in their speakers, or leave them straight firing?
I've read different views on this....
Is there a definite right or wrong way for placement.
post #15483 of 15484 Old Yesterday, 06:30 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by JESSIE DART View Post
A quick poll..
Do Studio L owners toe in their speakers, or leave them straight firing?
I've read different views on this....
Is there a definite right or wrong way for placement.
It's pretty dependent on each and every setup. There is no right or wrong answer. Some speakers respond better to some toe in more than others, but it's still a setup related thing.

There are some speakers that are specifically meant to fire straight ahead, my DCM Time Windows come to mind, but most speakers aren't that way.

Last edited by 89grand; Yesterday at 08:21 PM. Reason: spelling
post #15484 of 15484 Old Yesterday, 07:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoZ View Post
I have a question about timbre matching JBL speakers. Currently, I have S312IIs and a S Center II up front with S36IIs for sides and rears. All of these speakers are from the same line and matched. If I upgraded to the performance series PC600 Center, would the timbre still match? Reading the specs of the speakers, they seems to use a lot of key words in them that make me think they would blend ok with each other. let me know if you guys have heard the difference between the old Studio line and the Performance line and if you think it would work.
The PC600 is a formidable speaker, center or otherwise. But I'd suggest that you leave well enough alone since you already have a good match.
I'd add that if you get one PS speaker, you'll be hard pressed to think about anything else but getting more. I can't think of a really good match for your S312 other than the S-Center, but if pressed you might look into an LC2. The S-Center has a bit of a "plastic box" sound to it, which you might avoid with the LC2 or even an EC35.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Jbl Professional , Jbl Harman Kardon , Jbl G200 Bookshelf Speakers , Jbl S Center Center Channel Speaker , Jbl Balboa Sub 10 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Center Channel Speaker Sku Pas749099 , Jbl , Jbl Northridge E30 2 Way 6 Inch Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black Ash , Jbl Lc1 3 Way High Performance Dual 5 1 4 Inch Center Channel Loudspeaker Black , Jbl Lc2 4 Way High Performance 6 Inch Dual Wall Mountable Center Channel Loudspeaker Black , Center Channel Speakers , Athena
Gear in this thread - G200 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page