post #15511 of 15513 Old Yesterday, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 654 Post(s)
Liked: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post
That software is very cool. Nothing like that on the Crown. Looks like it's boosted on the low end though, not flat?
I took that pic off the JTR thread for an example. That is also a 3000, I am using a 6000. I actually have mine boosted a little more than that. That is why I said a little flat. Until I had my problems my graph looked like a fishhook LOL. Yeah that software is great. The XTi2 has similar on screen DSP software. It is actually very similar to the Behringer's, just more colorful. I usually keep the computer at my seat with that DSP running while I listening to music so I change mine quite often, I usually pepper it to taste to what I am listening to. Considering I am not using subs, the DSP has been the best and easiest way for me to adjust the bass.

Not in English!!

--

Last edited by Reefdvr27; Yesterday at 10:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15512 of 15513 Old Yesterday, 01:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DHD View Post
Yes, the ES25C will be a good match to the 80s.
Or a LC2 center, of the Studio L series.
JBL subs seem to not stand up well. Any brand of sub will do, its not like having to match LCRs.

As for the HK3600, it does have 4 HDMI inputs and with full 7 channel pre-outs makes it possible to add power amps, if needed.
Thanks for your advice. I would like to have 2 surround as well. My ceiling is quite low (about 7'), should I get a pair of ES30 or ES20 will do the job? Also I do need a new AVR since I'll keep the current setup with TV in living room. Someone recommended Marantz SR5008 as atmos setup is out of my budget, so I'll go with standard 7.1 setup for now. Thanks again!
post #15513 of 15513 Old Yesterday, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by saimer View Post
Thanks for your advice. I would like to have 2 surround as well. My ceiling is quite low (about 7'), should I get a pair of ES30 or ES20 will do the job? Also I do need a new AVR since I'll keep the current setup with TV in living room. Someone recommended Marantz SR5008 as atmos setup is out of my budget, so I'll go with standard 7.1 setup for now. Thanks again!
Yes Marantz goes very well with JBL speakers.
In fact when I was in Japan, last April, I advised my son to get a Marantz AVR, the SR7007 he got for 1/2 price via Yahoo-Japan.
Then I setup his Studio L system(L890/LC2/L820)

As for the surrounds, I'd get the ES30s.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Jbl Professional , Jbl Harman Kardon , Jbl G200 Bookshelf Speakers , Jbl S Center Center Channel Speaker , Jbl Balboa Sub 10 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Center Channel Speaker Sku Pas749099 , Jbl , Jbl Northridge E30 2 Way 6 Inch Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black Ash , Jbl Lc1 3 Way High Performance Dual 5 1 4 Inch Center Channel Loudspeaker Black , Jbl Lc2 4 Way High Performance 6 Inch Dual Wall Mountable Center Channel Loudspeaker Black , Center Channel Speakers , Athena
Gear in this thread - G200 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page