AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by husq2100 View Post
thanks Gooddoc,

a stupid question maybe, but can these be run as "normal" speakers, from a simple amp?
I'm pretty sure they are normal speakers. They're 2-way passive designs and will work with any suitable amp I'm quite sure. They're being marketed as a "system" but that's what it is, marketing.
husq2100 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15602 of 15610 Old 12-13-2014, 10:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Looking into buying JTR 212HT for LCR

Now I'm trying to solve my surround choice, rear, side and I'm also wanting to do Atmos (2 x Front heights, 2 x rear heights)

Can someone please recommend a JBL Pro speaker for surrounds that will keep up with the JTRs?

thanks!
post #15603 of 15610 Old 12-14-2014, 01:03 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post
I'm pretty sure they are normal speakers. They're 2-way passive designs and will work with any suitable amp I'm quite sure. They're being marketed as a "system" but that's what it is, marketing.
thanks again,

I wonder what the power requirements are??
post #15604 of 15610 Old 12-14-2014, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by point1 View Post
Looking into buying JTR 212HT for LCR

Now I'm trying to solve my surround choice, rear, side and I'm also wanting to do Atmos (2 x Front heights, 2 x rear heights)

Can someone please recommend a JBL Pro speaker for surrounds that will keep up with the JTRs?

thanks!
8340a is a popular choice
post #15605 of 15610 Old 12-14-2014, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by husq2100 View Post
thanks again,

I wonder what the power requirements are??
The recommended amp, DCi 8|300, is 300 watts, so it's not crazy power
post #15606 of 15610 Unread 12-24-2014, 06:39 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Merry Christmas to all you JBL users. Hope you all get M2's in your stockings tonight!

Wishing I could post in the Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

post #15607 of 15610 Unread 12-24-2014, 09:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gferrell View Post
Merry Christmas to all you JBL users. Hope you all get M2's in your stockings tonight!
Hahaha! Thank you and Merry Christmas to you!

I did get M2's for Christmas actually!! I had one of the amps out for repair and got it back on the 22nd. I am listening again(after a 3 week dry spell) as I type and I'm stuck in my chair when I should be wrapping, lol!!

M2's are truth man, make no doubt about it. Not everyone will like them, of course, but those people are confused....haha!! (j/k )

I had my old SHO-10's as mains for those 3 weeks and never once had the urge to sit and listen to music. I think I'm auditorily spoiled.

Last edited by Gooddoc; Yesterday at 01:44 AM.
post #15608 of 15610 Unread Today, 08:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Jbl l890

I have a pair of JBL L890 that I bought in 2008. To my surprise one day a couple years ago I removed the grill and basically all the the drivers were completely crumpled (blown?). I went ahead and order replacement; within a short time the drivers were all crumpled again. I recently started looking in the internet about problems with these speakers, it seems that it is a very common malady with JBL these days (what a shame). I do not know if it is the main board located inside the cabinet, or the drivers themselves.

Now, the quandary in which I find myself is: do I sent them to be repair? or just forget about it, and get better quality speakers, since the replacement electronic components that drive these speakers might be just as bad quality as the ones in mine.
post #15609 of 15610 Unread Today, 09:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by xilua View Post
I have a pair of JBL L890 that I bought in 2008. To my surprise one day a couple years ago I removed the grill and basically all the the drivers were completely crumpled (blown?). I went ahead and order replacement; within a short time the drivers were all crumpled again. I recently started looking in the internet about problems with these speakers, it seems that it is a very common malady with JBL these days (what a shame). I do not know if it is the main board located inside the cabinet, or the drivers themselves.

Now, the quandary in which I find myself is: do I sent them to be repair? or just forget about it, and get better quality speakers, since the replacement electronic components that drive these speakers might be just as bad quality as the ones in mine.
You're pretty much all wet there. Not exactly sure what you're on about, but if its caved in dust caps, (the little dome in the center of the speaker), this is by no means "normal" and is only caused by pets and little people pushing them in. The only reason it would be considered a "common malady" is that you do see it sometimes in used speakers for sale.

So if you want to know what's causing it, look around the house for the culprit. The "main board" is called a crossover, and has no relationship to caved in cones.
post #15610 of 15610 Unread Today, 10:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
You're pretty much all wet there. Not exactly sure what you're on about, but if its caved in dust caps, (the little dome in the center of the speaker), this is by no means "normal" and is only caused by pets and little people pushing them in. The only reason it would be considered a "common malady" is that you do see it sometimes in used speakers for sale.

So if you want to know what's causing it, look around the house for the culprit. The "main board" is called a crossover, and has no relationship to caved in cones.
Thanks for your input, but there are no pets or little people, adults only. just all transducers domes being crumpled after being replaced with new ones again.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Jbl Professional , Jbl Harman Kardon , Jbl G200 Bookshelf Speakers , Jbl S Center Center Channel Speaker , Jbl Balboa Sub 10 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Center Channel Speaker Sku Pas749099 , Jbl , Jbl Northridge E30 2 Way 6 Inch Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black Ash , Jbl Lc1 3 Way High Performance Dual 5 1 4 Inch Center Channel Loudspeaker Black , Jbl Lc2 4 Way High Performance 6 Inch Dual Wall Mountable Center Channel Loudspeaker Black , Center Channel Speakers , Athena
Gear in this thread - G200 by PriceGrabber.com