The OFFICIAL JBL Owners Thread - Page 525 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #15721 of 15735 Old 01-29-2015, 01:04 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post
Pricing is available at dealers. The speakers themselves, not so much. February shipping date is the current status.
OK thanks - will have to inquire locally here in Australia. Can't wait to hear people's impressions of these. Are you getting some to complement your M2s? Also wish JBL would put out some detailed specs already.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15722 of 15735 Old 01-29-2015, 04:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 799 Post(s)
Liked: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzzzz... View Post
Are you getting some to complement your M2s?
Yes. My plan is for an Atmos setup with them.
post #15723 of 15735 Old 01-29-2015, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post
Yes. My plan is for an Atmos setup with them.
That will make for one amazing sounding setup for sure! If you are getting them soonish, then I will definitely look forward hearing any impressions you care to write about them. Hopefully they end up sounding very similar to the M2s.
post #15724 of 15735 Old 01-29-2015, 10:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
That will make for one amazing sounding setup for sure! If you are getting them soonish, then I will definitely look forward hearing any impressions you care to write about them. Hopefully they end up sounding very similar to the M2s.
If they can get them close to the M2's I'll be thrilled. We'll see. The M2 remains the best speaker I've ever heard to this point though, so it's a high bar.

There's another GTG this weekend so I'll get another chance to compare the M2's to some more speakers. The last GTG an M2 amp died on me, so they were a bit crippled. This one I'll get to open them up for a group that has no idea of their output capability. Should be fun . I have to remember to bring my earplugs though. The M2's have such a remarkably low distortion that you don't realize the SPL levels. The last GTG we needed about 5-6 more dB at the mic position compared to the JTR's to feel a similar loudness. And that didn't surprise me since I knew they had significantly lower distortion than my JTR 212's. Hard to think that's possible if you were to hear the JTR 212's, but its true. I sometimes ring my ears at home because I don't realize the volume, so I have to be very cautious.
post #15725 of 15735 Old Yesterday, 12:46 AM

I was following the other GTG thread as well - pretty bad luck. Will definitely look forward to reading people's impressions from the new GTG. Got to say, from your comments, the M2s sound amazing. I'm really hoping the 7 series deliver as I don't really have a backup plan (the M2s are unfortunately beyond what I can afford). Anyway, I hope you all have a great GTG. Let the M2s rip!
post #15726 of 15735 Old Yesterday, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I was following the other GTG thread as well - pretty bad luck. Will definitely look forward to reading people's impressions from the new GTG. Got to say, from your comments, the M2s sound amazing. I'm really hoping the 7 series deliver as I don't really have a backup plan (the M2s are unfortunately beyond what I can afford). Anyway, I hope you all have a great GTG. Let the M2s rip!
Yeah, I'm hoping for good things from the 7's too. I'm only getting two initially to evaluate in my room before I pull the trigger on any others. There are too many options for surrounds with Atmos to make any rash decisions based solely on the fact that they have similar design elements as the M2's.
post #15727 of 15735 Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 116
I planned to buy myself some M2s, but I think I will wait for more information on the 7 series. I hope to see some measurements.

Theater room: Sony VPL HW30ES, DIY 100" screen with Seymour Centerstage XD, 5 Revel M105, 2 JBL Studio 210, 4 SVS SB12-NSD, Anthem MRX-300
Living room: Panasonic TC-P60VT60, 3 KEF LS50, Pioneer SW-8, Marantz NR1603
post #15728 of 15735 Old Yesterday, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I was wondering if any knew if the Northridge E models all used the same tweeter? I blew the tweeter in my E80 and I am having a hard time tracking down a new one. I have a pair of E10's sitting in disuse in my basement. I was wondering if I could take the tweeter out of the E10 and put it in the E80?
post #15729 of 15735 Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm currently running a Venue Series setup. Stadium, Voice, Balcony with a Sub12. I was thinking about replacing my center with an S Center II since it has a mid range driver. Can anyone tell me if that will cause problems or am I better of sticking with my Voice center?
post #15730 of 15735 Old Yesterday, 03:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 559 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpg710 View Post
I'm currently running a Venue Series setup. Stadium, Voice, Balcony with a Sub12. I was thinking about replacing my center with an S Center II since it has a mid range driver. Can anyone tell me if that will cause problems or am I better of sticking with my Voice center?
Sounds like a good move to me. The S-Center is a bit difficult to place due to its shape, but it'll be a good match for your system.
post #15731 of 15735 Old Yesterday, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
Sounds like a good move to me. The S-Center is a bit difficult to place due to its shape, but it'll be a good match for your system.
Thanks. It seems to be the same design as the Voice so I'm hoping that won't be a problem. I got my Venue series about 2007 and I believe the S-Center II was selling around 2002. With it being an older speaker wasn't sure how well it would match up or if JBL had made some upgrades thru the years in speaker performance.
post #15732 of 15735 Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM

Another question, I was first thinking about purchasing a JBL LC2 but wasn't quite sure how that would affect my front sound stage regarding the Stadiums and a power hungry LC2 using a new Onkyo 636. Since reading good reviews on the S-Center II, thought it would be easier on the wallet to find a used one if it would be a better fit as my center channel. I've been happy using the Voice center but have always wondered if I should replace it.
post #15733 of 15735 Old Yesterday, 09:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 559 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpg710 View Post
Another question, I was first thinking about purchasing a JBL LC2 but wasn't quite sure how that would affect my front sound stage regarding the Stadiums and a power hungry LC2 using a new Onkyo 636. Since reading good reviews on the S-Center II, thought it would be easier on the wallet to find a used one if it would be a better fit as my center channel. I've been happy using the Voice center but have always wondered if I should replace it.
The S-Center is a better match than the LC2.
post #15734 of 15735 Unread Today, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyntheticShrimp View Post
I planned to buy myself some M2s, but I think I will wait for more information on the 7 series. I hope to see some measurements.
You thinking of using the 7's as mains?
post #15735 of 15735 Unread Today, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
The S-Center is a better match than the LC2.
Cool, found me one. Eagerly waiting its arrival!
Reply Speakers

Tags
Jbl Professional , Jbl Harman Kardon , Jbl G200 Bookshelf Speakers , Jbl S Center Center Channel Speaker , Jbl Balboa Sub 10 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Center Channel Speaker Sku Pas749099 , Jbl , Jbl Northridge E30 2 Way 6 Inch Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black Ash , Jbl Lc1 3 Way High Performance Dual 5 1 4 Inch Center Channel Loudspeaker Black , Jbl Lc2 4 Way High Performance 6 Inch Dual Wall Mountable Center Channel Loudspeaker Black , Center Channel Speakers , Athena
Gear in this thread - G200 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page