The OFFICIAL JBL Owners Thread - Page 533 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old Today, 04:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO HiFi Guy View Post
@rdgrimes : Thanks for your thoughtful reply. Good advice on all fronts, and consistent with feedback from other forums. I will follow your advice and revert to a non bi-amped configuration with 8u settings. Eventually I'll be listening to 5.2.2 (Atmos), not just 2.2 as I am currently, and your configuration makes more sense. I just got sucked in by that extra feature Marantz offers, and all those extra binding posts!
Regarding the getting sucked in part...
As you can pretty much derive fro rdgrimes comments, the bi-amping feature that most modern AVRs offer,
is more of a marketing gimmick to sell equipment than it is an actual feature that you get for your money.
Of course anyone who isn't familiar with how true bi-amping works wouldn't know the difference,
but once you find out, then you're better off knowing.
Of course that also doesn't mean that any given AVR that has the bi-amping option isn't a good piece of equipment,
especially a Marantz model which are usually quite good.
Again it's just a way to make the product appear to have more features for the money paid, or more features than a cheaper AVR.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Jbl Professional , Jbl Harman Kardon , Jbl G200 Bookshelf Speakers , Jbl S Center Center Channel Speaker , Jbl Balboa Sub 10 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Center Channel Speaker Sku Pas749099 , Jbl , Jbl Northridge E30 2 Way 6 Inch Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black Ash , Jbl Lc1 3 Way High Performance Dual 5 1 4 Inch Center Channel Loudspeaker Black , Jbl Lc2 4 Way High Performance 6 Inch Dual Wall Mountable Center Channel Loudspeaker Black , Center Channel Speakers , Athena
Gear in this thread - G200 by PriceGrabber.com