The OFFICIAL JBL Owners Thread - Page 538 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #16111 of 16112 Old Today, 06:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
^^^
Nice setup. As rare as the Ti-K series is in Europe, its 10x more rare in the US.
Thanks
I found a JBL TiK Sub in Denmark and picked it up this monday, allmost breaking my back when I lifted it out of the car alone
One and only owner and a HiFi guy that had some serious 2-channel equimpment in his home.
Pristine condition (not a scratch) and working without issues (he played it LOUD to make me confident after the long drive)
The price (1000 Euro) was not too bad either (especially considered the price when new).

Even though its an "old sub" it plays fantastic and I doubt that I could find something new that is better for the money. At least I have not seen any HiFi sub weighing in at 61Kg around 1000E (JBL 1500 Array and Velodyne DD15plus is the closest match at 57Kg & 51Kg but then they also go for about 6000 Euro) .

Watched my first movie yesterday without having optimised the position for the sub and the bass is incrediby firm (and deep) even with that huge 15" element. Not even my REL Q150 with only a 10"er is that firm and controlled (not even close I would say).
Tested it from a HTPC and I noticed that the sub signal is is cut below 20Hz on the optical output so I hope the HDMI from the GPU will go all the way down to earth quake frequencies

Livingroom: JVC DLA-X30@108" 16:9
Marantz AV7702, Emotiva XPA-5, Denon AVR3805, Oppo BDP-93,PS-3,HTPC
JBL TiK Sub, Ti6K, Ti2K, Ti1K, XTi20, XTi10, REL Q150E
Bedroom: Pioneer KRP-500M, Denon AVR3802
QLN 603,601MK2,Wharfdale DFS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16112 of 16112 Old Today, 08:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 867 Post(s)
Liked: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Europe]Boogiem View Post
Thanks
I found a JBL TiK Sub in Denmark and picked it up this monday, allmost breaking my back when I lifted it out of the car alone
One and only owner and a HiFi guy that had some serious 2-channel equimpment in his home.
Pristine condition (not a scratch) and working without issues (he played it LOUD to make me confident after the long drive)
The price (1000 Euro) was not too bad either (especially considered the price when new).

Even though its an "old sub" it plays fantastic and I doubt that I could find something new that is better for the money. At least I have not seen any HiFi sub weighing in at 61Kg around 1000E (JBL 1500 Array and Velodyne DD15plus is the closest match at 57Kg & 51Kg but then they also go for about 6000 Euro) .
As I recall, the Array 1500 later became the official sub for the TiK line. There's also a Revel sub that's much the same beast. I plan to be buried with my Array 1500.
Reply Speakers

Tags
520c , Athena , Center Channel Speaker Sku Pas749099 , Center Channel Speakers , Jbl , Jbl Balboa Sub 10 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Jbl G200 Bookshelf Speakers , Jbl Harman Kardon , Jbl Lc1 3 Way High Performance Dual 5 1 4 Inch Center Channel Loudspeaker Black , Jbl Lc2 4 Way High Performance 6 Inch Dual Wall Mountable Center Channel Loudspeaker Black , Jbl Northridge E30 2 Way 6 Inch Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black Ash , Jbl Professional , Jbl S Center Center Channel Speaker , jbl studio 5 series
Gear in this thread - G200 by PriceGrabber.com