The OFFICIAL JBL Owners Thread - Page 542 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #16231 of 16231 Unread Today, 04:34 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Originally Posted by Johnny14o View Post
Good point/question on the crossover.

Hopefully there is someone that has another opinion other than mine on this...

First, what is your reason for setting the crossover on the surrounds? I have my JBL L820 speakers on my Onkyo set to "LARGE" which sets the crossover to full range frequency.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Originally Posted by brian4274 View Post
It's funny that you set yours to large. I have the 590's and I set them to 60hz. I have found they sound better at higher volumes with that setting. I have the 530 rears set to 80hz and th center at 60 as well. "
In each case, when you set crossovers to different range, is the receiver that is working harder when you set them to a lower freq. In the worst case scenario, you may ruin your amplifier section, because it is trying to send to the speakers all frequencies. When you set your crossovers different to 80 Hz, I suggest that you keep them above 50 hz to keep safe your speakers.
Just an opinion!
Sponsored Links
Reply Speakers

520c , Athena , Center Channel Speaker Sku Pas749099 , Center Channel Speakers , Jbl , Jbl Balboa Sub 10 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Jbl G200 Bookshelf Speakers , Jbl Harman Kardon , Jbl Lc1 3 Way High Performance Dual 5 1 4 Inch Center Channel Loudspeaker Black , Jbl Lc2 4 Way High Performance 6 Inch Dual Wall Mountable Center Channel Loudspeaker Black , Jbl Northridge E30 2 Way 6 Inch Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black Ash , Jbl Professional , Jbl S Center Center Channel Speaker , jbl studio 5 series
Gear in this thread - G200 by

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page